Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #57
darknite30
2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black
I tried the manual locks wires but when the module is connected the locks do not work. any idea which ones i should use? i tried the "lock motor wire" and the "driver side lock motor"
darknite30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #58
nwotank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow
they also did the trunk lock unlock, and that one works with the remote, apparently that one was easier than the doors so you may want to give that one a try, i don't know which ones they used, but i'm pretty sure some relays were involved, i wanted to use it while the car was turned on too, sorry installer did it all for me, that was a second installer after the first one tried for two days to hook this up
nwotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #59
darknite30
2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black
So I finally got this installed and so far I've had alot of fun with it. I wish it was a bit louder but hey I'll take it. I'd love to get the knight rider startup sound but finding it on the internet has been a nightmare to say the least.
darknite30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #60
nwotank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow
yeah i had them move the speaker to the bumper to make it a bit louder instead of under the hood, that helped a bit
nwotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #61
greenvillepilot
2fast4you

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Where did you guys buy your ridetones from?
greenvillepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #62
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
I want this play to play when I remote start...
Old 10-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #63
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Ridetones Help

Hey folks, I have received my ride tones system. I have found some transformer clips, but I'm not sure if they'll work.
Could someone please hook me up with about 2 -3 different clips?
I'm looking for the transforming sound, Optimus saying "Transformers Roll out!" without the music background, and some others.
Any help would be appericated.

Thanks,

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #64
ZapZep

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Transformer Pkg 6spM
Ride Tones help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post
Hey folks, I have received my ride tones system. I have found some transformer clips, but I'm not sure if they'll work.
Could someone please hook me up with about 2 -3 different clips?
I'm looking for the transforming sound, Optimus saying "Transformers Roll out!" without the music background, and some others.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Have you had your Ride Tones already installed? I haven't got that far personally, Also The ride tones has propitiatory software but i am assuming there is a way around it.

Also I think i can get some of the better files/sound bites out there. This site appears to be free, if you sign up. http://www.entertonement.com/clips/h...ers-Ringtones-
ZapZep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #65
Jayhawk500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapZep View Post
Have you had your Ride Tones already installed? I haven't got that far personally, Also The ride tones has propitiatory software but i am assuming there is a way around it.

Also I think i can get some of the better files/sound bites out there. This site appears to be free, if you sign up. http://www.entertonement.com/clips/h...ers-Ringtones-
Not installed yet. Have it wired togther on the floor. I won't be connecting it to any functions of the car. It will have a seperate remote.
I'll looking into the link. Thanks

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #66
Jayhawk500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapZep View Post

You can upload but not download. Rats! This site has it all.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #67
Jayhawk500

Standalone Ridetones System

I finally got this to work! It took many hours of playing on the computer and with the HELP of Hair10, I was able to get it done.
I had to use MP3 clips. Seems the .wav files don't work on the Ridtones website. The next thing I learned is, you can't share RideTones files. They are setup for your registered core.

The remote receiver was a bit of a chore as well. It seems that the directions that came with the system is missed labeled, as far as the common, normally open, normally closed. I had to use trial and error to figure it out. This system works awesome and it's not connected to the cars systems in any way except for power and ground.

I did purchase the Directed 516L system, I didn't like the setup, but I did use the speaker from that system.

Below are the links for the parts I used:

4 Channel Remote Receiver and Transmitter.
There are larger systems available. I only wanted 4 channels.

http://www.lightobject.com/4CH-RF-Wi...-Kit-P107.aspx

RideTones system

http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...rtnumber=RT100

I'll be posting a wiring diagram in the next few days. Then pictures of the install.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #68
Jayhawk500

Wiring Diagram for RideTones

Here's the wiring diagram I promised. The speaker wires are Lt. Grn and wht.
I had to use a Black line to represent the white wire.
If there any questions, please ask.

The terminals are as follows:

A = Normally Closed
B = Normally Open
C = Common

Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #69
decepticon

Drives: 2010 camaro
awesome. thanks guys
decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #70
knickfan1

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Rally Yellow
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee1029 View Post
I am trying to figure out out a way to add the sound of an autobot transforming when i unlock or lock my car from my remote. Can someone give me some advice on how to do that. Thanks

I live in NYC, and I would love to have transformers sounds on Bumblebee. Any ideas on how I can get that done. Last I checked Ridetones is no longer up and operating. Also, forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to have my alarm or door locks customized when my car is equipped with Onstar? Will that void my warranty?
knickfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote