Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
rover1newton

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ashen Grey 2SS A6
Bad Dealer service and warranty work

Anyone have this happen to them yet?
Right when I got home from buying the car (2012 2SS) I noticed that the hood had scratches across the passenger side next to the windshield wipers and a super smooth shiny spot next to it that you could tell it was sanded with a DA sander. So I took it in to the dealer and they said they would fix it. Well, I dropped it off on a monday and on wed they called and said it was finnished. Before I got the paperwork I said i wanted to see it, and thank god I did... There were DA sanding marks all over the hood, I'm not kidding it was BAD! Also, there was overspray on my front bumper and chrome bowtie and they scratched my passenger fender. Told them I was not going to accept this! So, they said sorry and it will be fixed. They called me on thursday and said it was back but had to go back to the shop because it wasn't done correctly. Then I called fri and they said it was finnished and looks good. Went to pick it up and everythin looked good until it rained a few days later and I turned on my florecent lights right above the car and noticed more sanding marks so I backed it out of the garage and in the sunlight there are micro sanding marks all over the hood which causes an illusion all over it. So, I took it back a month later to get my oil changed (first one) and told them about it and they said the person that can approve the work will not be here till next wed. Well, after the oil change I kept smelling burning oil for 6 days and 260 miles. I got it home and tried to check the oil and the dip-stick would not come out, it was stuck and the engine cover was only held in place by the oil cap. I took it straight to the dealer and told them the issue and they promptly took it back to see if there was oil somewhere causing the burning oil smell. About 25 min later the sevice person said it was ready and they couldnt find any oil leaks. As I was walking up to the car I noticed something that was not there before, A brand new dent in the drivers door. I immidiatelty said "where did that new dent come from?" and the service person said what dent? We were approximatly 20 feet from the car and you could see it clear as day. I have had nothing but problems from this dealer. Oh, not to mention while I was buying it, I was lied to about the HP on the SS A6, the salesman kept saying 426hp at that time I had no idea there was a difference between the auto and manual. I do now!!!! It is at the dealer as we speak and I have no idea when to expect it back because I have not heard anything yet.
rover1newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Keep on them and get it fixed . Get the manager involved . I don't think the salesman was lying to you . Anyone can make a mistake about the horsepower , you are only talking about 6hp . Good luck ....

BTW , try to keep your posts shorter and break them up into paragraphs . Very hard to read which equals not alot of responses ....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Nicklongino

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
When I first picked up my car it was sunny and it had just arrived. I took it home and I saw a few dents I took it back the next day and they fixed it perfectly. I don't think your getting what you paid for honestly.

Just make sure you get the manager involved tell him what has happened and they should fix you right up!
Nicklongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Rover I know your frustration. I had a similar problem with my car. I gave them fools hell in there. If it wasn't for the wife telling me to calm me down. lol !! I was about to go postal in there I swear. I spoke with the manager that babbling fool didn't know his front from his rear. (What a total waste of human life) Luckly the owner of the dearship was there and saw my rage, and quickly came over and pulled me to the side to rectify the situation. Cause no one in there was going to buy a car that day, if my car wasn't dealt with immediately. Fact of the matter is people don't take pride in their craft anymore. They feel it isn't my property so why do I care. Sad world we live in today. But stay on them !
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
rover1newton

Sorry for the long winded post. But the service director has been involved from the first time it came back from the body shop. I got the survey in my e-mail yesterday and it was not a nice survey. I tried to call GM customer service two days ago and in the middle of telling the rep my complaint, an automated message came up and said "thank you for taking the GM survey" then hung up on me... I am extremely irritated now! The car only has 2702 miles on it...
Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
ActNup NY

I would go back there everyday til they make good !! My place now (my dealership) when I bring my car in there I see their faces cringe when I come through the door. lol !! And I don't care either. You were kissing my ass when you thought I was going to purchase the car. Now that I have purchased the car dont stop. Keep kissing (pause) because it's my continous business that will keep you in business. They don't think about that part. I hope all works out for you man !
Old 03-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
rover1newton

ZIPNBY, yeah I have not lost my temper yet. I will probably lose it very shortly, especially since I just logged onto my mobile onstar and saw it now has 20 more miles on it since I dropped it off... I might just head up there in a minute and have a nice long talk with the owner or GM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
ActNup NY

20 more miles on there??? Sounds like a Ferris Bueller moment-lol . But seriously Rov I would go up there and ask to speak to the GM and no one but him. Hmph Amazing ! Tha's totally unexceptable !! Keep us posted man I would really like to know how they plan to rectify this situation here.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
rover1newton

Yeah me too, lol... Thanks...
Old 03-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #10
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2011rs View Post
Keep on them and get it fixed . Get the manager involved . I don't think the salesman was lying to you . Anyone can make a mistake about the horsepower , you are only talking about 6hp . Good luck ....

BTW , try to keep your posts shorter and break them up into paragraphs . Very hard to read which equals not alot of responses ....
I think is is 26 hp difference?
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
I think is is 26 hp difference?
whatever it is . I don't think the guy maliciously lied , maybe just uninformed....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Open a case with GM. That will light a fire under their asses.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
wmlunt

Drives: 2SS RS White/Lt Gry
426 - 410 = 16HP
Old 03-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
The automatic SS Camaro has 400 hp and 410 torque. The Manual has 426 hp and 420 torque. I'm sorry to hear about all the different times you've had to have your vehicle in rover. Let us know how things go and if they don't get it right this time let me know and I'll do what I can to level some resources at them to see what they can do for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote