Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #43
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
I took the pic through the sunroof opening before I put the headliner back up.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #44
cody.freeman1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I just did mine....the video was perfect. I think I pulled down too much though so for 3 hours now I have a 5 inch line in the middle of my headliner in the back beneath the shark fin. I hope it goes away :( Anything I could do ot fix it?
cody.freeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #45
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody.freeman1 View Post
I just did mine....the video was perfect. I think I pulled down too much though so for 3 hours now I have a 5 inch line in the middle of my headliner in the back beneath the shark fin. I hope it goes away :( Anything I could do ot fix it?
I creased me also but it's gone now... I couldn't even tell you where it was.

You may want to try and work it out with your hands a bit. But like I said, My crease went away in a matter of hours.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #46
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
This took a couple of tries, but I got the antenna out! Thanks for the write up, Gtahvit! It'll be painted and re-installed next week. It's getting a gloss black look to match all the other gloss black stuff I've had painted!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #47
GTAHVIT
Blessed

You are very welcome
Old 09-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #48
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
thanks for the video....helped alot....the biggest problem i had was the larger connecter,,,,i kept putting the small screwdriver in what appeared to be the slot but it is a very thin opening next to it...yes a few new cuss words were created...lol ....other that that it all went fine ,,,,and the red marks on my arm stayed on for several hours...thanks again for the video !!!
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #49
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
thanks for the video....helped alot....the biggest problem i had was the larger connecter,,,,i kept putting the small screwdriver in what appeared to be the slot but it is a very thin opening next to it...yes a few new cuss words were created...lol ....other that that it all went fine ,,,,and the red marks on my arm stayed on for several hours...thanks again for the video !!!
You are very welcome! glad it worked out!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #50
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Just wanted to post and say thanks for the video. I just had to replace my shark fin the other day due to my garage door hitting it ( don't ask).

This video was the only reason I attempted to do it myself, and while it took me a lot longer than it did in the video, I'm glad I saved a few bucks.

I have a sun roof so I went in that way, which is way easier than going in from the back.
The connectors were a piece of cake. I can build a pc in my sleep so I'm not afraid of no stinking connectors.
The only real problem I had was the damn ratchet slipping off the bolt
And trying to find a half inch 8mm socket. Literally no store I went to had them. Ended up having to get a different 8mm socket just for the coat hanger bolts.

But anyway, thanks a lot for the vid. It's a million times better than instructions or pictures.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #51
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Just wanted to post and say thanks for the video. I just had to replace my shark fin the other day due to my garage door hitting it ( don't ask).

This video was the only reason I attempted to do it myself, and while it took me a lot longer than it did in the video, I'm glad I saved a few bucks.

I have a sun roof so I went in that way, which is way easier than going in from the back.
The connectors were a piece of cake. I can build a pc in my sleep so I'm not afraid of no stinking connectors.
The only real problem I had was the damn ratchet slipping off the bolt
And trying to find a half inch 8mm socket. Literally no store I went to had them. Ended up having to get a different 8mm socket just for the coat hanger bolts.

But anyway, thanks a lot for the vid. It's a million times better than instructions or pictures.
My pleasure.

Very glad to see it helped.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
My 2011 2SS is different from this. I could not get the headliner down 2 inches without the headliner wanting to crease. I would have to remove the seatbelt bracket from the sides in order to get that cover off and out of the way enough for it not to want to crease.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #53
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Just installed my color matched xm antenna from Lupe. This video was a great help. The two connectors are a pain....I dont know how you were able to do them with one hand. Props to you on that. The finished product was well worth it but I am glad I dont have to do it again lol. And others who do it, I did get a crease on each side of the headliner neer where the door was on either side but once I put it back together it was barely noticable. So maybe like others mentioned it will be totally be gone later today.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:30 AM   #54
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
I finally got around to doing this and tried to do it from the rear, like in the video, but I didn't have much luck. By the time I got my head back into the package shelf area and got the headliner pulled down enough to see above it, the rear edge of it was pressing on my neck so hard that I could barely breathe. I was never able get both hands above the headliner and I couldn't get the connectors released with one hand. I finally gave up and removed the trim from around my sunroof and it was a piece of cake from there. It only took about 5 minutes doing it from the front through the sunroof opening. My take is that if you have a sunroof, that's the way to go. If you don't, you better have a small head or you will end up having to remove the entire headliner.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #55
JAB068

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I have read this whole post but I still can not get the rear quarter panel to release all the way. I have a 2014 ZL1 and it looks like there is a tension clip holding it down. Does anyone know how to release the clip? I know this is an old post, just wondering ????
JAB068 is offline   Reply With Quote