Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #155
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Gotta admit i was really turned off when i saw all the greens, but something about the job Bret 03 did is reaallll nice. 'IF' that real close to the actual green that might get painted on, i'd definitely be happy in that car. I'm a bit too young to be able to discriminate against it for being a 'mopar' color
moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #156
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
D.I.T.T.O................
I agree with Spike 1000%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I could go for any of these. the last one im still kinda finicky on, but its growing on me.

to you it might not be. same as CGM is just Gray to some people.

Green camaros mean a lot to some people. (like me for instance, as every camaro I've owned has been a green of some sort)

I know that the Green Camaro Fanatics might be the minority in the overall swing of things, but the point still stands that (and I know GM wants to please as many of us as they can, as impossible as it is) if they offer a green, it should not be resemblant of the near-neon mopar green, nor should it be the light-pea-soup/baby-vomit green of the mustang. its should be a deep green, doesnt have to be dark, just deep. like a bowl of green jell-o that you can just fall into and love. I dont want a neon green camaro, or a too-far-on-the-yellow-side-of-the-spectrum green. I dont know, really. maybe GM has something "else" in mind for the green. I havent seen the Synergy green in person, so maybe it will look better than pictures and photochops. but camaro greens have been deep and passionate. just like our love for this car. and when I add my 2010 to my collection of green camaros, I dont want it standing out like a sore thumb.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #157
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
I'd prefer more of an Emerald Green....but after finally seeing IOM in more detail I was impressed. So, I will trust that the green that comes out will be better than we expect.

But hey - Green! Nice! Another choice!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #158
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
I was wondering whether anyone has found more Synergy Green Metallic pics or color chips. I did a bunch of Google and Dogpile searches and could not come up with any pics not already in this thread and no color chips, not even on the BASF automotive paint site.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #159
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
You won't find the paint chips on BASF website, we don't use their paint.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #160
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
You won't find the paint chips on BASF website, we don't use their paint.
Interesting as the SEMA truck pictures listed the paint as BASF Synergy Green.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #161
jimhowie2000

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS & 6 older Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I vote for Rally Green just like the mid 68 through 69's were available with. Next choice would be Fathom Green, and then Grecian Green from 68 also. I own a 68 Impala in Grecian Green, had a 69 Impala in Fathom Green. I also have another 69 Impala taht was originally Frost Green inside and out.....never cared for the color so during the restoration, it was changed to Dusk Blue with white interior.
jimhowie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #162
djinva
Bow Tie Fan

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Here is British Racing Green, This was "Trappisbrew" Camaro, he sold the car to another member of camaro5, Nice color/Camaro
Hey, that's my car now!
12 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Instagram: djinva88
djinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #163
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
The thing that I don't understand is quite simply why GM doesn't post some shades of green on this and other Camaro sites and ask us all for feedback? After all, ... it's FREE! and would most likely save GM lots of money in R&D too!

Personally, I want green, but am not into the Vibrant Lime Green Met. I'm hearing all about. I would prefer a medium to dark green similar to those used on previous Corvettes and Camaros from the last generations.

Anyways, we're here to help and assist you FBODFATHER, just like we did when we requested a Blue SS at lanch so don't be affraid to ask us what green we would like the best!

Thanks,

wellllllllll..........here's the problem....

We've already determined that the "Synergy Green" Silverado is not representative of what the Silverado ACTUALLY looks like!

We simply cannot show you on a computer -- or a paper, for that matter -- what the color actually looks like!

When we make color choices, the color is shown under many different lighting conditions -- further, in order to have a voice in color choices, one must pass a "color test" at GM Design - (you would NOT BELIEVE how comprehensive this test is!!!) -- and if you miss more than 5 out of 250, you cannot have anything to do with color choice as you have varying degrees of color distortion or color blindness!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #164
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

We've already determined that the "Synergy Green" Silverado is not representative of what the Silverado ACTUALLY looks like!

We simply cannot show you on a computer -- or a paper, for that matter -- what the color actually looks like!

When we make color choices, the color is shown under many different lighting conditions -- further, in order to have a voice in color choices, one must pass a "color test" at GM Design - (you would NOT BELIEVE how comprehensive this test is!!!) -- and if you miss more than 5 out of 250, you cannot have anything to do with color choice as you have varying degrees of color distortion or color blindness!
Fbodfather always win's. If hes about to loose he confuses you.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #165
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Hunter's green, rally green, or British racing green...... give me a dark, rich, bold green with white stripes like the photo posted by Milk and I'll take it

None of this lime green stuff...... it's cool, like it was on the '70 Hemi 'Cuda, but not as classy and sophisticated as a dark green
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #166
1fastdog

Drives: 2002 Z06
Quote:
well - -let me say this:

I've actually driven that SEMA truck -- in and out of Several Auto Shows.

Let me assure you that the picture does not reflect the real color of the vehicle.

(.......and for the record: I'm really good at saying "I told you so!" -- and I have to say it wayyyyyyyyyy too often!)

I worked a show with the SEMA truck and not a picture here shows the color correctly..

Very few folks have gone to the time and trouble to set the color balance on their monitors. Some monitor and video cards just don't excell at accurate rendering of shade and temperature.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #167
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
From reaction by say Hylton and fbodfathers explanation I tend to believe that Bret03 has hit the nail on the head with his rendering!
I would seriously consider this green, it would be different and unique!! I do not believe it looks anything like lime green on the mopars. First that lime is a solid color, Second theres is more neon. Third this color is said to have a silver metallic flake in it, so as to have a deep dimension when its hit by different lighting
Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #168
1fastdog

Drives: 2002 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Hunter's green, rally green, or British racing green...... give me a dark, rich, bold green with white stripes like the photo posted by Milk and I'll take it

None of this lime green stuff...... it's cool, like it was on the '70 Hemi 'Cuda, but not as classy and sophisticated as a dark green
And tastes will certainly differ when it comes to colors.

Bright greens can look quite good on sporty vehicles.

I always thought Chuck's choice for his C5 was actually very nice...
I got the joke of the dragon tail body side moldings, but I wouldn't have gone there...

Last edited by 1fastdog; 04-07-2009 at 10:14 AM.
1fastdog is offline   Reply With Quote