Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #43
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Could try sanding the deep ones and filling with touch up paint and then polish it. It will still be noticeable but much better then it is now.

Check out ammo nyc youtube videos he does it on a G wagon and it comes out pretty decent.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:41 AM   #44
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Leave it as is he may want to wash it this summer.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #45
Blue Thunder

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1SS/RS
That's funny, right there! ^^^^

Stainless Power 1-7/8 headers, HF cats
Magnaflow 3" tru-x cat back exhaust
NicKey Dyno tune
Bo White ported throttle body
Elite Engineering Catch Can
CAI air intake
GM Strut Brace Bar
JL Audio 12w3 sub, JX1000/1d amp
CFD Carbon Fiber pistol grip TapShift shifter
EGX rear window louvers
4500k HID head and fog lights

Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #46
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Advocating insurance fraud. Wow. The people of this forum/people in general never cease to amaze me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Dan View Post
Please go away and never come back here...
In your lifetime how much have you paid in insurance and never claimed on? insurance although we need it is the best scam going they are always the winners, you make a claim your premium goes up, your neighborhood has a flood or natural disaster everyones premiums go up....even when your home wasn't effected your premium goes up to compensate they win and win and win, do you think they are there to break even or make huge profits.

You do not have to lie call them up and ask the question my son did this am i covered work out the difference between paying to have it fixed yourself or going through the insurance.....at the end of the day this is why you pay for insurance.

I was just making a joke about the keyed thing i thought people would see through it with the joke about suing his son. Unfortunately the internet doesn't show emotions or humor only visual text and we all read that text in different tones of voice and understanding.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #47
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.N. View Post
In your lifetime how much have you paid in insurance and never claimed on? insurance although we need it is the best scam going they are always the winners, you make a claim your premium goes up, your neighborhood has a flood or natural disaster everyones premiums go up....even when your home wasn't effected your premium goes up to compensate they win and win and win, do you think they are there to break even or make huge profits.

You do not have to lie call them up and ask the question my son did this am i covered work out the difference between paying to have it fixed yourself or going through the insurance.....at the end of the day this is why you pay for insurance.

I was just making a joke about the keyed thing i thought people would see through it with the joke about suing his son. Unfortunately the internet doesn't show emotions or humor only visual text and we all read that text in different tones of voice and understanding.
Stop yelling!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #48
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
Stop yelling!
lol
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #49
BronxRS

Drives: '13 2LT RS Convertible - AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecorso69 View Post
first of yall kudos to you for being a great dad and understanding that he is a child and that is what they do. Congrats on that bro. Secondly, let the insurance pay for it. The insurance company should be able to tell you if there is going to be a significant increase in your premium. Good luck to ya.
But the boy's gonna have to remember this one for a while. It just ain't like leaving the lights on or the fridge door open. Damn...
BronxRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 AM   #50
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecorso69 View Post
first of yall kudos to you for being a great dad and understanding that he is a child and that is what they do. Congrats on that bro. Secondly, let the insurance pay for it. The insurance company should be able to tell you if there is going to be a significant increase in your premium. Good luck to ya.
Agree with this.

My Dad still teases me for writing off his convertible when I was 9. Thought I'd back his Mustang fastback out of the garage and somehow turned slightly while backing out. The drivers rear corner of the mustang hit the front fender just in front of the wheel and when I heard the crunch I hit the gas, not the brake and took the entire side out of his Ford convertible. The Mustang was later scrapped as well but my Mom also dented that one so I don't lay claim to it's demise.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #51
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Rough situation but you handled it very well. Get the repaint, if insurance can do it great, if not then its worth the money.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #52
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
OMG. sorry for that OP. just remove him from your will. lol. no seriously, i would be livid at first, but yes, i have a 10 yr old and understand. wow. what i would do is say screw it, its life, things happen and file with your insurance, get the car repainted. and then nicely but firmly explain to him that next time there is snow, call Dad first to come help . then you can supervise. but he only meant well. but, thats what insurance is for. you got a very nice car, dont patch work it. good luck!! you sound like a great understand Dad.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #53
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary H50 2SS
That hurts just to look at it. You handled a bad situation with tact. That can sometimes be hard to do. Kudos to you for the way you handled the situation. Im sure your son will not make that mistake again.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #54
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
update: Well....adjuster came out, scoped it out, 4800, however, my insurance company wants me to pay 30% of the bill on top of my deductible, and they are going to raise my rates under collision coverage. I understand its still cheaper than a new paint job, but honestly it may come close after three years of higher insurance premiums.

As one member stated, insurance is suck a ****ing joke and scam. I asked the agent handling my claim, "so why do I pay for insurance if you wont cover it 100%, aside from my deductible. It which she was a complete .... back to me. I told her to put the claim on hold, until my wife and I decide what we are going to do. Essentially I may as well paint it on my own. Its going to be borderline a wash between the two. After my deductible, 30%, and higher rates.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #55
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
The depreciated the paint because the car is four years old.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #56
YUHATIN
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 BLACK 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Plasti-Dip or whole car wrap.
THIS
YUHATIN is offline   Reply With Quote