Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Pictures w/ you know the "Yellow Car" from the movie.

My dealer has gotten sooooo much crap over not having my "yellow" car out and on display. They had it parked outside under a carport that's attached to the showroom.
People were asking if the car was sold and why they couldn't sit in it. So while I was away, my wife told them to park it inside and not to let anyone touch it.
I will be picking it up tomorrow. My wife and daughter are talking about a garage sale this weekend.
One idea they had was "Pictures with Bumblebee". You know, just like Pictures with Santa.

Now after reading a lot of threads in the past few weeks, I know what the majority of you will say.
But, I'm a glutin for punishment, so here it is.

Should I allow people to stand next to my new car and have their pictures taken for a nominal fee, say $2-$3 per photo?

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's your car. You can do whatever you want. It's probably legal as long as you don't mention the car or the character or movie name.

"Have your picture taken next to my car!"

Let them figure out what the car represents.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Its a car, but.... Your car was NOT in the film so not sure why you would charge someone for that. I had my last Corvette in 2 Fast 2 Furious and people took photos of it all the time.

Look at it as flattery rather than trying to make money on it. The look on kids faces make it worth the time and the money.

Use the car to get people to come to your garage sale... This is all IMO
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
this is like selling pirated music from the internet. I really doubt anyone would pay for it anyway. Like Indpowr says use it to draw in business for the sale but don't charge that's kind of, well, lame....
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
nobody is going to pay to sit in your car...they can just go to another dealership...if the car czar's haven't closed them down yet
Old 05-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
[QUOTE=Jayhawk500;496327]My dealer has gotten sooooo much crap over not having my "yellow" car out and on display. They had it parked outside under a carport that's attached to the showroom.
People were asking if the car was sold and why they couldn't sit in it. So while I was away, my wife told them to park it inside and not to let anyone touch it.
I will be picking it up tomorrow. My wife and daughter are talking about a garage sale this weekend.
One idea they had was "Pictures with Bumblebee". You know, just like Pictures with Santa.

Now after reading a lot of threads in the past few weeks, I know what the majority of you will say.

Should I allow people to stand next to my new car and have their pictures taken for a nominal fee, say $2-$3 per photo?[/QUOTE

Are you serious? Dude,
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #7
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
although to be honest...a month or two ago ...i would have gladly payed 3 dollars to sit in the camaro...i mean i payed almost 20 bucks to see it and only that car at the auto show...3 bucks would be a bargain

but considering there are far more camaros out there...but then again i'm lazy and whats 3 dollars...i'll spend that on gas going to another dealership

hell why not give it a shot
Old 05-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #8
Timisaiah

Drives: 2005 Black HUMMER H2
Are you serious??
Your a greedy man. You should just be happy you are fortunate enough to have the car. yet alone charging people to take a picture with it. Not even a quick ride in the car, just a picture. Wow man.....
Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #9
ChevyJunKie

Drives: PuBliC TranSportatiOn
Well if you can sit megan fox on your lap inside the car than I'm all in for the 3$
ChevyJunKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Charging people for a picture with your car is sad and depressing.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
kauaiGuy
Aloha oe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Yeah i don't think you need the money come on you just bought a 2010 Camaro be a nice guy and don't charge.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #12
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
That's just sad that you would even consider that ....

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #13
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
hell i'd pay 20 bucks to sit in a car i already ordered,because there is not one around here to even look at

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #14
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post
My dealer has gotten sooooo much crap over not having my "yellow" car out and on display. They had it parked outside under a carport that's attached to the showroom.

Should I allow people to stand next to my new car and have their pictures taken for a nominal fee, say $2-$3 per photo?
First of all, I think that is a bit "illegal." You could probably do it as long as the people standing next to your car imply the car resembles Bumblebee from Transformers The Movie. If I were you, I would just say "$3" for a pic next to my new YELLOW CAMARO! Let the people paying use their imaginations on what that might represent. Last thing you need is Michael Bay suing you.

Sorry to steal your thunder Captain Awesome, but I replied before I read your response.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote