Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #29
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Not true.

Sorry.

CAFE is making it VERY HARD to justify what we'd planned.

You might want to write to your elected officials and tell 'em what you think about CAFE........
Scott, I've done this and will continue to do this, even though I know it doesn't do a bit of good. I continue to vote against people who are in favor of arbitrary fuel economy numbers, but it doesn't do any good.

What I would like to know, is what are GM's lobbyists doing? We all know GM has very high powered and influencial lobbyists on Capitol Hill. Every time another CAFE adendum gets rubber stamped in Congress, we see and hear nothing from the GM and domestic automobile clought.

Are they doing their jobs? Do they pull as much muscle as they used to in Congress? Is Pellosi paying them under the table to shut up? What's the deal there?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #30
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
CAFE is making it VERY HARD to justify what we'd planned.
I think the GM folks will most likely let everyone know exactly what their ultimate plans are for any high-powered Camaro by the 17th of this month.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #31
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
I think the GM folks will most likely let everyone know exactly what their ultimate plans are for any high-powered Camaro by the 17th of this month.
why the 17th? what's special about that date?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #32
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
LMFAO. That may be the best response ever!
i guess but why we get a chance to get a beast and no the fucin CAFE or whatever the heck they are shuts down the best car. must have been working for ford. and yeah what about the 17th

I hate the CAFE they can........................... all we can hope for is maybe 500 hp maro at most
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #33
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
why the 17th? what's special about that date?
Just a PURE GUESS on my part...but the INDY BASH starts on the 18th???

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #34
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
oh shit i forgot omg im gonna run myself over stupid me stupid me
an what was the planned Z28 since its not gonna happen?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #35
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
I kinda found the 17th a funny date. that's why. I close on my house on that day and was like wow why else would the 17th be a go no-go day. . .
Old 09-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #36
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I know some people have said they want the Z28 to be a factory-made supercharged insane horsepower beast, but if that's all you want then honestly, it really isn't that hard to get a supercharger installed and call it a day. That a few people want GM to do the job for them doesn't justify making it harder to meet CAFE standards (which I absolutely oppose, for the record). Now on the other hand, a purpose-engineered performance machine designed for multiple driving/racing styles, not just drag racing, is a little harder to do completely yourself. It also won't get much worse mileage (maybe even better mileage) than the SS. Therefore it is a much better candidate for GM to make from the factory.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #37
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I know some people have said they want the Z28 to be a factory-made supercharged insane horsepower beast, but if that's all you want then honestly, it really isn't that hard to get a supercharger installed and call it a day. That a few people want GM to do the job for them doesn't justify making it harder to meet CAFE standards (which I absolutely oppose, for the record). Now on the other hand, a purpose-engineered performance machine designed for multiple driving/racing styles, not just drag racing, is a little harder to do completely yourself. It also won't get much worse mileage (maybe even better mileage) than the SS. Therefore it is a much better candidate for GM to make from the factory.
so double adjustable everything? lol. and carbon fiber where possible? lol. keep the hp about the same and bam you got a Z28 that can hang with higher hp cars, if not beat them? is that what you're saying? seems like it.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #38
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
so double adjustable everything? lol. and carbon fiber where possible? lol. keep the hp about the same and bam you got a Z28 that can hang with higher hp cars, if not beat them? is that what you're saying? seems like it.
Edmunds annihilated a GT500 with a WRX STI making a lot less HP. So yup. Sheer power is no match for intentional and intelligent engineering. Except maybe (but just maybe) on the dragstrip. Then it is simply a matter of power, weight, gearing, and grip.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #39
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
IT WAS NEVER DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #40
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Edmunds annihilated a GT500 with a WRX STI making a lot less HP. So yup. Sheer power is no match for intentional and intelligent engineering. Except maybe (but just maybe) on the dragstrip. Then it is simply a matter of power, weight, gearing, and grip.
lol yea well the camaro you described and the list of things I stated is what I want for a Z28. always have and always will.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #41
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
The LS7 is going away. GM has publicly said it won't be produced after this year.

LS8, LSA, LS3 with hot cam.... Hmmmmmm.

As good as this news is... may possibly might be...

I'm waiting for GM to say it officially. Then I will :woot:

As long as CAFE does not over-limit their abilities, the ZO6 was supposed to get a supercharged 6.2 with around 500hp. Not sure now if this would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
The LS7 is going away. GM has publicly said it won't be produced after this year.

LS8, LSA, LS3 with hot cam.... Hmmmmmm.

As good as this news is... may possibly might be...

I'm waiting for GM to say it officially. Then I will :woot:

As long as CAFE does not over-limit their abilities, the ZO6 was supposed to get a supercharged 6.2 with around 500hp, the LS8, that was looking to make 475-500hp and would be in premium (top dog) Zeta cars, with a slightly tuned version for a top dog Camaro. Not sure now if this would happen.

Quote:
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #42
CamaroZR1

Drives: '10 Jetstream Blue RS-SS S/C'D
Send a message via MSN to CamaroZR1 Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroZR1
Im guessing there is a pretty good chance that the Z/28 will be coming about. Probably a few months, or a year after the Convertible. For the GenV Camaro, GM has been listing to what boards like this one and a few other are saying, and they have been actually been listing and taking in the opinions of the "Camaro guys". And every Camaro and GM fan that I know of (whether they would by one themselves or not), wants a GT500 killer...whether it be a Supercharged 6.2L or the LS7. So I am thinking that GM will come out with one.

For the LS9...I doubt it, thats a very new Corvette exclusive, and I think they are going to leave it that way for a good 5 years.

For the LS7, I still see it as a possiblity. It would be a good choice...Think about beating the GT500 with a Naturally Asperated Stock Camaro, you could not feel more GM pride than that.
As for GM saying the LS7 is dead...it very well may be. But didn't GM say that they were purposly leaking False information, to deter the public from finding out anything more than they want us to know about the Camaro...So maybe they are stating that the LS7 is dead, when actuallity it is part of the Lies and may be going in the Z/28.

As for the LSA and LS8, both would be good choices for a GT500 killer too. Just as I see GM giving the LS9 as a Corvette exlusive, I see the LSA remaining a Caddy exclusive, at least for a few years.
So i think the LS8 is a likely choice. If the LS8 will be going into the C7 Vette, then the Z/28 (or any other special HIperf Camaro) would be a good place to start the LS8

This is all just my opinions, but I really do believe the Z/28 will be coming and will have either the LS7 or LS8. And I also agree that it better come with some handeling and weight reducing upgrades too.
Next Year-2010 (sp. order) Camaro RS-SS, Jetstream Blue, (maybe white SS stripes), 6L90, and probably LS9...oh and my Speed Racer license plate frame.
CamaroZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote