Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
Bigger pulley? Meth injection? Better tune?

I doubt that, RX seems to have reached new levels of performance with their twin turbos. (Not bashing anyone just saying..)
Your comparing apples to oranges somewhat. The IPF kit is generating somewhere between 450 - 500 HP at peak which is not super far off what we've seen for the LLT TT builds, but less TQ than the turbos, especially at lower rpms. Past this, other changes were needed, and they also felt this was a safe number without risking too much stress on the stock internals. I know I'd rather have a safe 480 HP than risk my luck on 550+HP on stock internals.

Only RX TT kit I can think of is Can't_C_Me's. Gretchens LFX TT build is not an RX build if thats what you are referring to.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Me and Battle have the only RX TT kit's as of now. Gretchen had a custom RX TT kit before going EFR's. Most need to realize that my car has every bolt on made for these cars along with the TT kit (except for the heads). I also have a 600HP suspension set up thanks to Chase at Apex for a well put together package. Barton short throw with stock clutch which is holding up very well so far. Full synthetic oils in the Tranny and Diff. And a few trial and errors tweaks along the way. So my setup is really (not to brag) out of many's price range. I also have a Meth kit that I haven't turned on in like almost a year. That will allow me more fuel/power (like an extra 30rwhp) than now as I have pushed the car to 11-12psi with the meth with everything running fine. Just want to clarify myself and Gretchen are well beyond stock with adjustments we've made behind the sense. I have a few updates coming once my new born has arrived that will shock most not in the know.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Me and Battle have the only RX TT kit's as of now. Gretchen had a custom RX TT kit before going EFR's. Most need to realize that my car has every bolt on made for these cars along with the TT kit (except for the heads). I also have a 600HP suspension set up thanks to Chase at Apex for a well put together package. Barton short throw with stock clutch which is holding up very well so far. Full synthetic oils in the Tranny and Diff. And a few trial and errors tweaks along the way. So my setup is really (not to brag) out of many's price range. I also have a Meth kit that I haven't turned on in like almost a year. That will allow me more fuel/power (like an extra 30rwhp) than now as I have pushed the car to 11-12psi with the meth with everything running fine. Just want to clarify myself and Gretchen are well beyond stock with adjustments we've made behind the sense. I have a few updates coming once my new born has arrived that will shock most not in the know.
What, I'm not in the know!

Seriously, you can't compare our TT setups to anyone elses. We've done a lot more than just slap a kit on the car. If you aren't looking at trying to find out what the limits are, then you are probably going to see about the same peak HP as the SC kits, but TQ will be higher and come on earlier with the turbos.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Seriously, you can't compare our TT setups to anyone elses. We've done a lot more than just slap a kit on the car.
Big, big difference. I just slapped a kit on my car. Took a Saturday and a Sunday. These two have been at it for a "bit" longer than that.

BUT, you also can't just overdrive the S/C and get much (if any) better numbers. The set-up as it is just doesn't work like that. That's where I was heading.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #19
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Gretchen has gone into the R&D side of these (with Aaron of course) way beyond many. Forged pistons, etc.

And now for a sneak peak into one of the latest mods for these turbo cars:

And all controlled and monitored as far as blade position, angle, rate of flow, etc.

This allows the boost to build even quicker and this car has a 50shot of nitrous that is on a boost referenced controller to come on at 1500 rpm and off at 3000 to further spool up instantly.
This is a 2010 LLT...I think the qucikest LLT in the world right now (FI)
Of course the same EFR turbos we are using as the top end option and that Gretchen has on his new LFX .
Will be releasing more info shortly as far as price, lead time, etc.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #20
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
Up until now I have had people tell me that the C5 looks like an exotic space ship from the outside. Looking at those gauges I guess the same can be applied for the inside.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Sorry thought Grechen was an RX build, anyways with the tunability of the LFX we should be hitting higher levels of boost.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The original Gretchen was....she is gone and Dereks new car is an LFX and I think they only reused the intercooler, BOV, wastegates and turbos for the most part. All was fabbed by Dereks team and they did awesome....and are not finished yet!!! (he needs more power).
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote