Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-24-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
hood

Whats up C5 fam. I thought I would share a pic or two or three of the new VIS carbon fiber hood I recently got... A couple of side notes. I love the look of the hood but quality for $1100 is down right $h!t. Some of the paint on the mesh was peeling off when received, and the slot where the mesh sits is crooked Also I ordered from a vender on here and it took 2 months to receive the hood. I thought I was robbed for a while til I finally received tracking info, although the lady I was in contact with was very nice. I ask any that order a hood to be patient as it will pay off I cant figure out how to do all the pics on one post so ill use the first couple... Thanks to all!
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  50.7 KB
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
SkunkJunk420

Views: 222
Size:  85.3 KB
Old 05-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
SkunkJunk420

Views: 214
Size:  87.3 KB
Old 05-24-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
SkunkJunk420

Views: 226
Size:  83.1 KB
Old 05-25-2015, 03:54 AM   #5
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Nice look man! Clean car!!

I have the VIS Terminator and I was wondering what is your fitment like? I found mine to be 90% perfect. The drivers side part of the hood closest to the windshield does not sit right. Sits too low on the body of the car and the lines do not match up with the edge. The corner of the hood at that part goes straight while the fender rolls up so its a bit of a mismatch. Also noticed the edge of the hood near the windshield isn't perfectly clear coated and looked a bit rubbed up and roughed up.

I am definetly happy with mine for sure, but as you said the price really could be lower unless they further perfect the hood.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Looks sharp.

I like that style, and that would be my choice if I splurge for a SC.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #7
SkunkJunk420

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
Nice look man! Clean car!!

I have the VIS Terminator and I was wondering what is your fitment like? I found mine to be 90% perfect. The drivers side part of the hood closest to the windshield does not sit right. Sits too low on the body of the car and the lines do not match up with the edge. The corner of the hood at that part goes straight while the fender rolls up so its a bit of a mismatch. Also noticed the edge of the hood near the windshield isn't perfectly clear coated and looked a bit rubbed up and roughed up.

I am definetly happy with mine for sure, but as you said the price really could be lower unless they further perfect the hood.
Mine does not sit perfect at all. Im with you on that. The hood looks awsome but i know way cheaper hoods that fit perfectly. VIS has been around for a while too so there quality should be way better than what was received. Another thing is a batch of hoods had to be made after what I was told the company lost the hood they were sending me. That being said, this was a freshly made hood straight from VIS and to have $h!t quality from the beginning of the process just sucks! If the hood was sitting for a while or boxed and unboxed then maybe I could understand the quality, but brand new straight from the factory already messed up really sucks! All that aside it would be showstopper cool if they lined up and did not have chips in the paint, and was not crooked.