Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 08-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Coming to NYC; what to see?

I'm fortunate enough to be able to visit NYC around the middle of October and wanted to see if I could get opinions and information on what I should try to look at and see. Obviously, my wifey and I will be hittin' up the regular tourist stuff, but I was hoping to ask for more ideas.

Anyone?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
If you do plan on doing all the "touristy" stuff, I would definitely recommend the CityPass. Cuts your price for admission to all the sights listed on the website.

I would use CitySearch to find your way to all the great food in the city. Also, don't confine yourself to Manhattan. One of the best (and romantic) views is down by the piers in Brooklyn looking at the skyline.
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Well I used to live in NYC but now live in NJ. Obviously you guys probably want to visit the top of the Empire State building. Well its usually a 2-hr wait so the Top of the Rock is a good alternative. You can see the city just as well. Make sure to visit either one at night. Its a totally different experience.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Sweet; thanks for the ideas guys. Any and all are appreciated

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
hmm October should not be too cold maybe you can check out a meet or two to get your Camaro fix
DON_RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON_RAFA View Post
hmm October should not be too cold maybe you can check out a meet or two to get your Camaro fix
Im with Rafa. You should come out and meet us.

If you have a chance, you should head out to the Hamptons (Eastern Long Island), not sure if you're a Seinfeld fan or not?

If so, you can check out the soup na*i (trying to be PC here), his website is http://www.originalsoupman.com/ and definitely try the Carnegie deli (http://www.carnegiedeli.com/home.php)....and you can't beat our pizza and bagels here in NY

How long are you in NY for?
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
hit up the coney island aquarium and nathans hotdogs , and if you are staying in the city you must have dinner at tony di nappalis in midtown
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Here are some great restaurant ideas (depending on how much $$ you want to spend):

* Benjamin Steakhouse - Best steak experience I have ever had. Expensive, but worth it. Try the bacon. Trust me.
* Uncle Jack's - Also a good steakhouse.
* Dock's Oyster Bar - This is one of my wife's favorite spots in the city. Great raw seafood!
* Rue 57 - Great sushi restaurant.
* Tao - Great Asian inspired food and a very hot bar scene.
* McSorley's Old Ale House - One of the oldest (perhaps the oldest) bars in NY. Just cool to go in and look at the pictures on the walls.
* Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum
* Marriott Marquis Hotel - There is a pretty cool bar on the 7th floor (I think) where you can sit and overlook Times Square. There is also a decent restaurant with a nice view there as well.
* Carnegie Deli - Famous for its sandwiches.
* Amish Market - If you are looking for a place to grab a great sandwich, try this place out.
* Tons of great places to eat in Little Italy. However there is only one place to go for dessert if you go there to eat dinner. Ferrara Bakery and Cafe. It is a good place for an after dinner drink also. Rumor has it that many of the Italian restaurants get their desserts from Ferrara.

Other than the above, you can walk into almost any restaurant or bar and find a great spot. Enjoy yourself and have a great time. BTW, if you tell me the types of places you like (fancy, dives, dance clubs, etc) I can give you some more ideas.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
Def take a walk across the Brooklyn bridge around night time and see the skyline from brooklyn in the parks!!
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote