Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #15
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
I use LME, ERL and another shop (non- sponsor here).

Never issue's.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 AM   #16
Rumbumbees$ponsor

Drives: Autobot
Yes I did... What percentage do you think of our car parts are made in good ole USA?

I happened to track down the maker of Chines forged cranks and rods that are shipped here and sold under various names.. I go to china 2 times a year for the Hobby expo.. I got to talking with a sales rep/friend from a brush less motor company that saw my car on facebook and then one thing led to another and low and behold she found me the manufacture that makes Eagle, scat and compstar parts and a few other companies.. she was able to get a list of manufactures then we looked up the export info and shipping records which is easy to view and not regulated in china. Was like Awe what are they doing buying there s&$% from china!

Go to alibaba.. search a product, then find the manufacture name of the product your interested in (so you do not deal with middle man) contact the business via msn messange skype or email they will have it on there site.. Do some asking about who there clients are DO NOT GIVE THEM NAMES, other wise they may lie and say oh ya we make for them..

A lot of time you can get samples and just pay for shipping

For instance look at this Rod, this even comes with ARP bolts.. this took about 2 min for me to find..

http://scxinkun.en.alibaba.com/produ...om_shizun.html

Wiesco: Always on back order 9/ 10 it a chinese holiday or boat stuck in customs!

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...090838483.html

Cranks shaft LS1

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...543950251.html

The RC jet industry is very competitive everyone wants to go as fast as possible much like us with the best parts.. A NUE motor is like having callies internals.. There right here in USA but there bearings come from Japan, the magnets and windings are done in china. But there assembled here with the hi temp laminents in usa. So everyone thinks there a usa product only the assembly is done.. Unless it a off the self motor but most all of nue motors are custom.

I do not believe for one second that callies sales there rods unfinished and a shop puts there name on them..

I do believe that callies compstar products are sourced from china to there standards and they may sale those unfinished here to some shops. But why pay the middle man? Go to the source!

I find it more likely a shop did what I can do and sell the same part for a better profit.

I had stayed up for hours and hours searching I had been looking for where this one shop got there motors from called ARC.. I got lucky and stumbled upon shipping records from customs that listed the name of the company and the addresses to the hobby shop. Low and behold there they were on the Beijing brushless motor website. All along I thought the motors where his own brand.. but no..

When you find the actual cost of things like me.. this will lead you to question pricing and who's making the parts that are not listed with brand names.. it all make sense..

Things I have found is pay attention to details on what your looking for to try and compare.. For instance I won't give you another RC example but, Like the rods look at the weight of each rod then go to the Scat or callies or eagle or K1, then see if the grams are there to see who's it is and other little features. The manufactures make big runs and then times get slow in the USA so the parts that were initially ordered for a big USA company has to go somewhere..

For instance these Maybe Jessel, by looking at the site they may make scorpion crane gold, or Harland sharp... You do the research.. I just provide the know how..

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...showimage.html

Last edited by Rumbumbees$ponsor; 03-06-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Rumbumbees$ponsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #17
injector

Drives: LS3
Thanks guys i went ahead and ordered a 408 lq9 from texas speed..
Texas Speed & Performance Custom Built Forged 408 CID, PRC LS3 260CC,Fast Intake & NW 102 TB, Alky Methanol kit, ID850, LPE Dual pumps,,Melling HV oil Pump. D1SC 10PSI, Stage 2 Air Intake,Magnaflow Axle back, Mcleod clutch, Pedders XA coilovers and sway bars, HD bushings, Hurst shifter, ACS bumper and hood ports, DSS aluminum drive shaft, CSF radiator .
injector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:11 PM   #18
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbumbees$ponsor View Post
Yes I did... What percentage do you think of our car parts are made in good ole USA?

I happened to track down the maker of Chines forged cranks and rods that are shipped here and sold under various names.. I go to china 2 times a year for the Hobby expo.. I got to talking with a sales rep/friend from a brush less motor company that saw my car on facebook and then one thing led to another and low and behold she found me the manufacture that makes Eagle, scat and compstar parts and a few other companies.. she was able to get a list of manufactures then we looked up the export info and shipping records which is easy to view and not regulated in china. Was like Awe what are they doing buying there s&$% from china!

Go to alibaba.. search a product, then find the manufacture name of the product your interested in (so you do not deal with middle man) contact the business via msn messange skype or email they will have it on there site.. Do some asking about who there clients are DO NOT GIVE THEM NAMES, other wise they may lie and say oh ya we make for them..

A lot of time you can get samples and just pay for shipping

For instance look at this Rod, this even comes with ARP bolts.. this took about 2 min for me to find..

http://scxinkun.en.alibaba.com/produ...om_shizun.html

Wiesco: Always on back order 9/ 10 it a chinese holiday or boat stuck in customs!

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...090838483.html

Cranks shaft LS1

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...543950251.html

The RC jet industry is very competitive everyone wants to go as fast as possible much like us with the best parts.. A NUE motor is like having callies internals.. There right here in USA but there bearings come from Japan, the magnets and windings are done in china. But there assembled here with the hi temp laminents in usa. So everyone thinks there a usa product only the assembly is done.. Unless it a off the self motor but most all of nue motors are custom.

I do not believe for one second that callies sales there rods unfinished and a shop puts there name on them..

I do believe that callies compstar products are sourced from china to there standards and they may sale those unfinished here to some shops. But why pay the middle man? Go to the source!

I find it more likely a shop did what I can do and sell the same part for a better profit.

I had stayed up for hours and hours searching I had been looking for where this one shop got there motors from called ARC.. I got lucky and stumbled upon shipping records from customs that listed the name of the company and the addresses to the hobby shop. Low and behold there they were on the Beijing brushless motor website. All along I thought the motors where his own brand.. but no..

When you find the actual cost of things like me.. this will lead you to question pricing and who's making the parts that are not listed with brand names.. it all make sense..

Things I have found is pay attention to details on what your looking for to try and compare.. For instance I won't give you another RC example but, Like the rods look at the weight of each rod then go to the Scat or callies or eagle or K1, then see if the grams are there to see who's it is and other little features. The manufactures make big runs and then times get slow in the USA so the parts that were initially ordered for a big USA company has to go somewhere..

For instance these Maybe Jessel, by looking at the site they may make scorpion crane gold, or Harland sharp... You do the research.. I just provide the know how..

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...showimage.html
Theres no doubt callies compstar is made in China. You call them they will tell you that.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #19
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Good luck buying that Chinese crap direct. I see them all at SEMA every year, going around taking detailed pictures of all the new products, to knock them off as quickly as possible.
Build an engine with all that stuff, make 1000 rwhp, and let us all know how it goes.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #20
Rumbumbees$ponsor

Drives: Autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
Good luck buying that Chinese crap direct. I see them all at SEMA every year, going around taking detailed pictures of all the new products, to knock them off as quickly as possible.
Build an engine with all that stuff, make 1000 rwhp, and let us all know how it goes.
u hit the nail on the head! my point on in house brands! if they weren't chinese brands they would list a brand name!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:45 PM   #21
injector

Drives: LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbumbees$ponsor View Post
u hit the nail on the head! my point on in house brands! if they weren't chinese brands they would list a brand name!
I have a question in my build sheet I have added callies Compstar rods with bolts and crank. For another USD 600-700, I would be able to add callies H rods and Dragonslayer.

I would be living in a 750-850 RWHP range while spraying methanol for safty. The car will not see the drag as I enjoy building cars for the fun of it rather than racing.

what would you think guys would it be worth it. I am not trying to cut cost but still this upgrade will have consumed full budget of this project.
Texas Speed & Performance Custom Built Forged 408 CID, PRC LS3 260CC,Fast Intake & NW 102 TB, Alky Methanol kit, ID850, LPE Dual pumps,,Melling HV oil Pump. D1SC 10PSI, Stage 2 Air Intake,Magnaflow Axle back, Mcleod clutch, Pedders XA coilovers and sway bars, HD bushings, Hurst shifter, ACS bumper and hood ports, DSS aluminum drive shaft, CSF radiator .
injector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #22
prdi

Drives: CTS-V
callies rods are just fine for your goals.. in fact you could keep whateer crank comes standard to. to keep price down.
prdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:20 AM   #23
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by injector View Post
I have a question in my build sheet I have added callies Compstar rods with bolts and crank. For another USD 600-700, I would be able to add callies H rods and Dragonslayer.

I would be living in a 750-850 RWHP range while spraying methanol for safty. The car will not see the drag as I enjoy building cars for the fun of it rather than racing.

what would you think guys would it be worth it. I am not trying to cut cost but still this upgrade will have consumed full budget of this project.
Alot of people use Compstar with no problems. I went with the Ultra billet rods and dragon slayer just because the price diff wasn't much.

25-TSP418SB-LS3 - Texas Speed & Performance
Custom Built Forged LS3 418 CID
416CID, 9.6:1 Callies Dragonslayer Crank, Billet HBeam
Rods, Wiseco -20cc pistons, Tool Steel Wrist
Pins, ARP Head and Main Studs, Clevite Bearings.
Raw Good
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote