Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #183
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
How do I know if mine got reset. I pulled #5 and #20 and let it sit overnight. Then in the morning I put them back in and to my surprise my average fuel economy was still set. I would expect to to be back at 0.

Whats the deal?
It's been mentioned a few times that this does not reset any of that stuff... fuel economy, oil life, etc...

Just punch it and see how it feels
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #184
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
How do I know if mine got reset. I pulled #5 and #20 and let it sit overnight. Then in the morning I put them back in and to my surprise my average fuel economy was still set. I would expect to to be back at 0.

Whats the deal?
It apperently just does what needs to be done for this. Mot sure why but NONE of my 'stuff' reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
It's been mentioned a few times that this does not reset any of that stuff... fuel economy, oil life, etc...

Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #185
thecamaroguy

Drives: 2020 ZLE 67 SS350
None of the stuff reset on their own on mine either. I manually reset them.

2010 Camaro 2SS - CGM
1967 Camaro SS350 - Baldwin Motion Tribute
2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE - White

Proud to say I have always owned a Camaro! A Camaro has been my Daily driver since I started driving!
thecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #186
galron70-SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Blk/Blk
I have never felt that my L99 was slow, but I always felt that I was not getting that 400hp umph. I have no idea what type of gas they put in at first. I just took the fuses out about two hours ago. I will put them in for the ride home from work and see if there is a difference.

I am hopefully for some power, and better mpg would be nice. Been averaging about 15 for the daily drive. I did get 23.4 on hwy with the cruise set at 75.

I will let everyone know what happens.

Thanks again for the posts of the photos and the differences noticed by putting in this "patch."
galron70-SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #187
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galron70-SS/RS View Post
I have never felt that my L99 was slow, but I always felt that I was not getting that 400hp umph. I have no idea what type of gas they put in at first. I just took the fuses out about two hours ago. I will put them in for the ride home from work and see if there is a difference.

I am hopefully for some power, and better mpg would be nice. Been averaging about 15 for the daily drive. I did get 23.4 on hwy with the cruise set at 75.

I will let everyone know what happens.

Thanks again for the posts of the photos and the differences noticed by putting in this "patch."
Cool. Please update us. My car was night and day. Whole different car but I do timed runs almost every day. So I really noticed it on the clock.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #188
FunkyELF

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post

Maybe it felt smoother but maybe it is the placebo effect. Either way it didn't take away the shaking that I get at idle.

I'll have to wait to punch it. I'm on my way out of town through the weekend.

My girlfriend said she would take my camaro out for a joy ride if she thought she'd be able to get it back in the garage. Man was that a tight fit.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #189
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewenched View Post
This is SUCH good info. My dealer did tell me they filled it up with regular gas and even apologized for it... saying it was all they keep at the lot. So once that was gone, I filled up with premium like I always do with my cars.

I was wondering why I was getting such poor gas mileage with 93 octane.... I wouldnt say the performance was poor, but did wonder why it wasnt as good as I thought it should be.... blamed the L99 engine and figured a cold air intake and exhaust would fix it's wagon.

Just pulled my fuses and will put them back in later today.

Thanks to whomever posted that picture of the fuse box.... that helped alot.
You're welcome!!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #190
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
OK. Call me the skeptic of this group but I just pulled my fuses. I have a 50 mile drive tomorrow morning to take the car in for a new axle back system, so I will get a chance to see if there is a difference. I knew my car came from the dealer with a tank of 87 octane (bone heads) so I REALLY babied it until it was gone. I would be surprised if I got into any knock based retard/learn but we will see. I have also put about 4 tanks of 93 octane through it since and still can't understand why this system wouldn't have learned back. I would be ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if doesn't. That would be a major strategy flaw in the control system that I doubt exists. If I notice a difference I will fall on my sword and tell you all.

This is still a great thread with some very interesting perspectives.
So as I said last night, I did pull the fuse and let the car sit over night. I had a nice long 50 mile drive this morning to go get the axle back system installed. I have never felt my car felt slower than I thought it should be. I can't say that I noticed any real difference this morning. I believe this has worked for some but I do not think I had any negative spark learn from knock. I really babied this thing through the first tank of gas. I'm not trying to throw water on anybody's fire here but I did not notice any difference. I know, I know, stop watches do not lie. I am sure there is merit to this issue with as many people as it has seemed to help. It is probably worth a trip to the dealer though to see about calibration updates. My car is one of the earlier ones at 8814.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #191
jsmith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
Okay so I pulled the fuses yesterday for 12 hours and had the oppurtunity to do a 0-60 run. Before the fuse pull I had a best 0-60 run of 5.2 seconds, after the fuse pull I had a run of 5.75 seconds.......... but that's becuase I was laying rubber down for 10 feet.

So I am going to try more runs and work on not lighting up the tires on my launch.
Event 3000 - 4/10/09
Event 3300 - 4/27/09
Event 3800 - 5/12/09 VIN#9436
Event 4200 - 5/18/09 :party0038:
Event 5000 - 5/28/09 delivered
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #192
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Pulled #5 & #20 for 5 hours.... I swear my car has had the Exact opposite effect that it should.
Seems very slugish now, nearly impossible to spin the tires from a stand still and just mashing the gas (T/C off). Tried it in D and M with no luck.

I personally think this has had a negative effect on my car.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #193
fosterr2

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
so after blueclydes trial i guess this hack works on the L99 only, not his manual? cause i noticed that it idled smoother and got better gas milage on my automatic.
fosterr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #194
2Fast4U2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Good information, let me ask you guys I have my car in the shop now. I told the dealership to have my ECM updated with any new updates. When this is done, will pulling the fuses delete anything they update? Has anyone had updates on there ECM?
2Fast4U2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #195
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
So as I said last night, I did pull the fuse and let the car sit over night. I had a nice long 50 mile drive this morning to go get the axle back system installed. I have never felt my car felt slower than I thought it should be. I can't say that I noticed any real difference this morning. I believe this has worked for some but I do not think I had any negative spark learn from knock. I really babied this thing through the first tank of gas. I'm not trying to throw water on anybody's fire here but I did not notice any difference. I know, I know, stop watches do not lie. I am sure there is merit to this issue with as many people as it has seemed to help. It is probably worth a trip to the dealer though to see about calibration updates. My car is one of the earlier ones at 8814.
So yours was running on the high octane table as it should. Congrats.

I was afraid a lot of people would try this who didn't need to. Could be why GM hasn't issued a TSB on it. they don't want eveyone running in and wanting 'the latest'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Pulled #5 & #20 for 5 hours.... I swear my car has had the Exact opposite effect that it should.
Seems very slugish now, nearly impossible to spin the tires from a stand still and just mashing the gas (T/C off). Tried it in D and M with no luck.

Time a 0-60 and see what you get. There's no way it should even be able to have a negative affect. Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast4U2010 View Post
Good information, let me ask you guys I have my car in the shop now. I told the dealership to have my ECM updated with any new updates. When this is done, will pulling the fuses delete anything they update? Has anyone had updates on there ECM?
Yes, there are some who have. If your car is running right, no need to do anything.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #196
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post

u runnin 93 octane?
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote