Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-12-2014, 05:49 AM   #1
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Unhappy Ridetech posilinks snapped

Hey guys I have some ridetech coilovers level 2 on my car right now and the other day the Front Driverside Posilink that connects from the strut to sway bar (pfadt ZL-Spec sway bar) just literal snapped. It broke off right were the threads that connect the little bar. Wish I had a picture to show what I mean but in the mean time. Can I be driving around with one link broken?

I will get pictures but this happened just when I was leaving for a trip :(

Btw at first I heard a pop noise that was made when I was reversing into a parking spot but I didn't see anything wrong so I thought nothing of it. Then yesterday when I heard the sound of it snapping off completely I was going maybe 10mph in a straight line in my neighborhood. So I have no idea why the hell it would break off like that! I feel pretty lucky at least it wasn't on a highway when it snapped off!
Old 12-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Pull the remainder off and leave the other side connected until you can get a replacement. You'll be fine to drive like that, just don't try to corner aggressively. RideTech will take care of you. Send me a PM or give me a call and I'll be happy to help you out.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
Hey 954,
I was going through the posts and saw this one. I didn't know if you had a chance to talk to one of us about the failure or had gotten a replacement yet. If not, call me directly.
812-481-4738. We take pride in our customer service so I'd really like to get you fixed.
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Wanted to give a update to this thread.

It turned out to be my fault when I installed them and ridetech was a tremendous help. We talked about the situation and we came to the conclusion on how they could have broken. So I resolved the issue when ridetech sent me another set and everything has been working perfectly fine since then. Thank you so much kyle for helping me!
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:54 PM   #5
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
Wanted to give a update to this thread.

It turned out to be my fault when I installed them and ridetech was a tremendous help. We talked about the situation and we came to the conclusion on how they could have broken. So I resolved the issue when ridetech sent me another set and everything has been working perfectly fine since then. Thank you so much kyle for helping me!
I too had the same problem. Install the link in the reverse way. I too got great support from JDP and Ride Tech to resolve it quickly.

Ride Tech totally stepped up even thou it was my mistake.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
Old 04-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #6
kyle@ridetech.com

Glad we could get you guys fixed and back on the road. Just a reminder, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to call.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #7
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Hoping I installed mine correctly. HMMM.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #8
kyle@ridetech.com

I'll try to get some good pictures of the proper orientation up in a bit. I've got to get the car in the air and snap some pics.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Thanks for the update guys! We appreciate it!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #10
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle@ridetech.com View Post
I'll try to get some good pictures of the proper orientation up in a bit. I've got to get the car in the air and snap some pics.
Kyle did you get some pics of that correct orientation ? I will be installing in the near future thanks!
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #11
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
Kyle did you get some pics of that correct orientation ? I will be installing in the near future thanks!
I'll try and get a close up shot for you. But make sure the link goes from the back side forward and nuts should be on the front side of the bracket. It can mount either direction but what happens when your at full crank on the steering wheel to either side the link will touch if you have it in wrong.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
Old 07-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #12
Orange 2010 Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
I'll try and get a close up shot for you. But make sure the link goes from the back side forward and nuts should be on the front side of the bracket. It can mount either direction but what happens when your at full crank on the steering wheel to either side the link will touch if you have it in wrong.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
The Posi - Links need to go in from the back side, with the nuts on the FRONT SIDE of the brackets. MAKE SURE that the nuts are GOOD & TIGHT to prevent them from coming loose while driving! Kyle, you NEED to add a torque spec. for the nuts in the SET-UP install info. as well. Some people have trouble knowing what is tight enough.

I have attached a few photo's of my install.

All The Best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
Attached Images

Orange 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #13
kyle@ridetech.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
Sorry, I'd been out of the office for a few days and just got back in. Did the pictures Orange2010 posted get what you need?
Old 07-07-2015, 04:56 AM   #14
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Yes thanks Orange and i might run a little blue locktite on them too ,I just have to make aroad trip to pick up my gears and then up she goes!
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote