Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Speed2acer

Drives: 2010 2RS/SS Summit White/Inferno
Send a message via Skype™ to Speed2acer
My UPS driver has set up an intervention...

Ok guys I think I need help. My garage is full of boxes from assorted vendors. Grills, Lights, wiring harnesses, body panels, paint 16 boxes total as of today. I am waiting for the last to arrive before I start my build. To my cerit I have already installed the new Kenwood system and misc other items that I purchsed when I first bought my ride. Im going to document the process as best as I can. If anyone has any tips please send them my way.

STAY TUNED

On the other side, I will have a ton of misc items that I will be either placing on the Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways section or sales ( rims ). so keep an open eye.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Macky

Drives: 2016 1SS, Garnet Red Tintcoat
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
I am on a first name basis with both the ups and FedEx guys.
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
RatRacer

Drives: 11 Synergy Green LS 15 Colorado Z71
Lol! Both my work and home delivery drivers are #2 and #3 speed dials on my phone, behind the wife of course.
RatRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I'm being nicer to U.S.P.S. people lately. Everything I've ordered lately get's "sureposted" everytime and I get to drive to the post office to pick my shit up. What do we need UPS or FedEx delivery drivers for anymore?
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2acer View Post
Ok guys I think I need help. My garage is full of boxes from assorted vendors. Grills, Lights, wiring harnesses, body panels, paint 16 boxes total as of today. I am waiting for the last to arrive before I start my build. To my cerit I have already installed the new Kenwood system and misc other items that I purchsed when I first bought my ride. Im going to document the process as best as I can. If anyone has any tips please send them my way.

STAY TUNED

On the other side, I will have a ton of misc items that I will be either placing on the Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways section or sales ( rims ). so keep an open eye.

lol sweet. Mom lives in Wildomar. I'll swing by when your done and listen to your tunes!
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I'm being nicer to U.S.P.S. people lately. Everything I've ordered lately get's "sureposted" everytime and I get to drive to the post office to pick my shit up. What do we need UPS or FedEx delivery drivers for anymore?
The UPS driver delivers your sure post packages to the USPS.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elykson View Post
The UPS driver delivers your sure post packages to the USPS.
Yes, but what about the convenience of getting packages delivered to my front door like back in the day?

I have not got a single package delivered to my door since November of 2012 and I have placed over 15 orders since then. Everything is shipped "economy surepost" but I still get hit up for the shipping at the to my door price. USPS is 20 minutes away from my house, gas is not free.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #9
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Yes, but what about the convenience of getting packages delivered to my front door like back in the day?

I have not got a single package delivered to my door since November of 2012 and I have placed over 15 orders since then. Everything is shipped "economy surepost" but I still get hit up for the shipping at the to my door price. USPS is 20 minutes away from my house, gas is not free.
One advantage of living in small town USA! SurePost packages are dropped off at the house by my regular mail carrier!
kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo View Post
One advantage of living in small town USA! SurePost packages are dropped off at the house by my regular mail carrier!
Not only do I get my packages dropped of at my house, but many other houses around me. Good neighbors always bring them to me.

If UPS/FedEx only had a device to read barcode, and something like a barcode sticker on the package, they could scan to make sure the package is at the correct location. This issue of delivery to the wrong house would never happen. I may start working on that today, in my spare time.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #11
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
I'm a ups driver and we love our customers. Well I do at least. I have peeps on my route I see every day. And yes sure post is ups then USPS but we will be getting a lot of that work back. We have had issues with USPS and quality and care of service. And when people track they see us then nothing then delivery by them. So that should change for he better.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
The Fedex lady knows me pretty well from all the stuff I order along with the constant deliveries from Adam's each week haha.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
you guys must have understanding wives....or single...both of what i wish i had.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Not only do I get my packages dropped of at my house, but many other houses around me. Good neighbors always bring them to me.

If UPS/FedEx only had a device to read barcode, and something like a barcode sticker on the package, they could scan to make sure the package is at the correct location. This issue of delivery to the wrong house would never happen. I may start working on that today, in my spare time.
We do! It's called a DIAD, if we are not close to said address the GPS will let you know you aren't at the right place!