Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #15
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Thanks. I also like the color it added to the gauges but on the tach and speedo I am thinking about pulling them back off. I thought my understanding was that they would be more transparent. During the daytime I can't tell if I have any warning lights on. So far that is the only add on that I should have saved my money.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
Mohamed Sharaf
passionate

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Mohamed Sharaf
I have a stock v6, and I couldn't tell from the video how the MRT V2.0 differ from the stock? I hear a different tone a bit different, but is it louder?
Old 05-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
the stripes look good.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Looks great. Are you planning on a wheel/tire upgrade at some point?
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed Sharaf View Post
I have a stock v6, and I couldn't tell from the video how the MRT V2.0 differ from the stock? I hear a different tone a bit different, but is it louder?
The video clip does not do the sound justice. The MRT's are louder then stock for sure, I have also added Solo's high flow cats and that made it a little deeper tone and a lot more aggressive at wide open throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
the stripes look good.
Thanks, even though I have only added a few mods this ones ranks right behind the V2.0 axle backs at the top of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
Looks great. Are you planning on a wheel/tire upgrade at some point?
Thank you. No plans as of now. The thought has crossed my mind more then once but I like the wheels that are on it. It is my DD and need all seasons and it would have to be pretty much the same sizes or at least the same type of tire. I had the thought of pulling them off and having them painted black. I think I have kind of come to the end of spending for mods and just want to enjoy driving it daily.

Dean.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Thank you. No plans as of now. The thought has crossed my mind more then once but I like the wheels that are on it. It is my DD and need all seasons and it would have to be pretty much the same sizes or at least the same type of tire. I had the thought of pulling them off and having them painted black. I think I have kind of come to the end of spending for mods and just want to enjoy driving it daily.

Dean.
I hear ya there. I have been beating the internet to death to find a wheel that would be perfect for the 18" tires, but to me GM did such a great job on the car that I keep finding myself leaving it alone and just spending my money on smaller, more numerous 'undercover' mods, much like you have done.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
I'm thinking about this exact set-up for my 13 LFX. My 11 LLT had JBA axle-backs and an Injen long-tube CAI. This CAI/SoloHFCs/MRTv2 combo seems to be a winner. I'm also thinking about doing CAI/SoloHFCs/Solo cat-back. How bad is the in-cabin drone with your set-up?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #22
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
I'm thinking about this exact set-up for my 13 LFX. My 11 LLT had JBA axle-backs and an Injen long-tube CAI. This CAI/SoloHFCs/MRTv2 combo seems to be a winner. I'm also thinking about doing CAI/SoloHFCs/Solo cat-back. How bad is the in-cabin drone with your set-up?
Sound is definitely heard in the cabin but I expected it and I guess me I don't really call it drone, to me the word drone describes an annoying sound and this setup to me is far from annoying. Sound level isn't bad at all, example, windows shut the 2 FM stations I have to choose from volume at 12 and I can hear it fine but can still hear the exhaust slightly also. I had free XM a couple weeks ago and did notice I had to turn the volume up to 14. I love the V2's and would never give them up. The few mods I have added if I had to choose something to give up the HFC's and gauge face plates would be tied for first. But the V2's would definitely be last.

The CAI brand intake may be the best and more popular one out there but for looks I think the Injen short ram I have looks better and a lot cheaper also. I was looking at the long tube but mine is my DD and didn't want to worry about water getting into the system when it rains.

Thanks for looking and listening!

Dean.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #23
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
very awesome.

I was thinking about doing V2s with the Solo HFCs, and you've convinced me this is the way to go.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #24
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
very awesome.

I was thinking about doing V2s with the Solo HFCs, and you've convinced me this is the way to go.
Thank You!

It is a very aggressive sound when you get on it. Other than the fact the HFC's are a little spendy they do add a nice sound to the system. Enjoy and let me know what you think when you get them installed.

Dean.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #25
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Lookin Good! Go team LLT!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #26
skibik

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately I am on team LFX, can you say 323 HP baby! Actually a little more with mods.

Dean.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #27
Sky

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RSky Edition
Nice additions so far. Simple but very tasteful.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #28
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Nice additions so far. Simple but very tasteful.
Thank you!

My train of thought is not to go overboard on the frilly stuff, and considering I have spent more than I had planned on, because if I get to carried away I figured I could have put it into an SS instead. So I think I am at the end of adding anything else.

Thanks,
Dean.