Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #43
LVGMman

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
no matter how fast it is it's still a neon. For whatever reason every srt4 i see around town is stupid loud and they all sound terr-i-ble. also it seems like there is some requirement to pop the throttle to hear the BOV every 5 seconds to get into the srt4 owners club. I ran straight pipes on my car back when i was cam only and those little neons made my car seem quite.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #44
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
There's more to vehicles than going fast. I'd take my slow V6 over a wicked fast SRT4 any day. I like everything about the Camaro over that four door economy car. Every day I drive my car, so I'll go with the prettier and more comfortable one.

Then again, I don't race, my vehicle is for transportation and enjoyment, so what do I know!

Don't get me wrong, I respect the vehicle, it sounds like a fun little car, but there's no way I'd take one over my Camaro.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:44 AM   #45
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
There's more to vehicles than going fast. I'd take my slow V6 over a wicked fast SRT4 any day. I like everything about the Camaro over that four door economy car. Every day I drive my car, so I'll go with the prettier and more comfortable one.

Then again, I don't race, my vehicle is for transportation and enjoyment, so what do I know!

Don't get me wrong, I respect the vehicle, it sounds like a fun little car, but there's no way I'd take one over my Camaro.
When you drive a little car with a ton of power that handles like it's on rails and gets up to 150mph in no time, it will really make you appreciate it for what it is. Is it as beautiful as a Camaro? Well, looks are subjective. It's hard for me to find a Camaro that I like looks wise, but there is a few on the forums here that I see. Same thing with the SRT4. Stock, it doesn't do much for me, but tastefully done, it's a very nice looking car. Like someone said, I would buy one for the right price.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:48 AM   #46
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
I had the supercharged SS Cobalt and after a year i did big turbo swap and she put down 420ish whp on 93pump 23psi stock block. let me say this....that bitch took off with no hesitation lol 2,800lbs 2door 4banger turbo hurt countless feelings. from porsche, bmw m6, to camaro SS, srt4's, and civics, the list goes on....i miss those days though. some more 4 bangers to watch out for are the evo8 and 10, STI, mazda speed 3 & 6, plus that new ford focus will be a beast once more modz start coming out for it. if you see any of these cars please proceed with caution and dont say i never warned you ive been in the four cylinder game for a good while so i know what they can do. i finish school in two more months, once i finish im going to buy the saturn ion redline. it has the same LSJ motor in the SS cobalt and while it looks ugly it will be my play car to hurt feelings and have people think twice about their purchase
Old 02-20-2014, 02:49 AM   #47
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
When you drive a little car with a ton of power that handles like it's on rails and gets up to 150mph in no time, it will really make you appreciate it for what it is. Is it as beautiful as a Camaro? Well, looks are subjective. It's hard for me to find a Camaro that I like looks wise, but there is a few on the forums here that I see. Same thing with the SRT4. Stock, it doesn't do much for me, but tastefully done, it's a very nice looking car. Like someone said, I would buy one for the right price.
x2
Old 02-20-2014, 04:41 AM   #48
b0r

Drives: 2010 1SS
At least the majority of you understand what I'm saying or just provide your own input. There are way too many people on this forum picking apart sentences to make their own mind up on what people are saying. They must drive Neons
b0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #49
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0r View Post
At least the majority of you understand what I'm saying or just provide your own input. There are way too many people on this forum picking apart sentences to make their own mind up on what people are saying. They must drive Neons
3 people supporting you is not a majority! ......Just face the fact you came off like a D-bag chasing down a car you feel your the used automatic SS you just got is superior to and then felt the need to share it here.

What the hell is a "bub" anyway?

Last edited by Dropspeed; 02-20-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #50
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
Quote:
You're reading the wrong page, bub. There is no implication whatsoever that I am better than anyone, you're making that up in your head so you can make a post about people spending money in a shit economy. My post simply states that I have a $20,000+ car to mod, so I don't care if you bought your car for $6,000 and had $14,000 to put into the motor. I could've done the same thing, I just didn't because I'd prefer a nicer foundation. Whether you chose the easy route or the route you're into is irrelevant. You still have the $5,000 car with $15,000 in it and I am quite the opposite.
so according to your logic, a car worth 30K with 10K in mods would be a "better foundation" than your 20K car with 20K in mods, right?

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #51
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Would you take one over your Mustang if you had to choose?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #52
b0r

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
3 people supporting you is not a majority! ......Just face the fact you came off like a D-bag chasing down a car you feel your the used automatic SS you just got is superior to and then felt the need to share it here.

What the hell is a "bub" anyway?
Bub is an inside joke around here. I'd explain further, but they'd probably suspend me. Not like it matters with the likes of you around here, lol. All I was "sharing" on here was the fact that I saw an SRT4 and wanted to race him. I couldn't post about it anyway per the "no street racing stories". There was never an opportunity for us to take off anyway. I'm done with you, bub.

In other news, i pulled up next to an RS Vert this morning. I don't know if there are many ways to determine the year by looking at it but we kinda jumped from a roll and he stayed half a car ahead of me but we never went above 50. With a tune, I'm feeling like my car is in Sport when I'm in Drive. Is there still a major benefit to being in Sport versus Drive with a tune? I imagine so, but I don't know what the tune does for the L99 in Drive to negate that.
b0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #53
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
This thread was a FAIL since the beginning lol
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #54
Chevrolade
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wow lmao
Chevrolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #55
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
What was the topic here again?
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #56
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Bub is an inside joke around here. I'd explain further, but they'd probably suspend me. Not like it matters with the likes of you around here, lol. All I was "sharing" on here was the fact that I saw an SRT4 and wanted to race him. I couldn't post about it anyway per the "no street racing stories". There was never an opportunity for us to take off anyway. I'm done with you, bub.

In other news, i pulled up next to an RS Vert this morning. I don't know if there are many ways to determine the year by looking at it but we kinda jumped from a roll and he stayed half a car ahead of me but we never went above 50. With a tune, I'm feeling like my car is in Sport when I'm in Drive. Is there still a major benefit to being in Sport versus Drive with a tune? I imagine so, but I don't know what the tune does for the L99 in Drive to negate that.
Time to put down the shovel and climb out of the hole.