Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #29
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
First stop; Home. I'll park it in the garage, next to the SS, and spend a few days detailing and 'Zainoing' him.

Once that's done, it doesn't matter. Just hop in, keep the radio turned off, and just enjoy a long, aimless, cruise listening to that great American V8 rumble in one of my favorite "friends" of all time.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #30
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
If you only spend $500 on tires, you buy some pretty crappy tires.....I spent almost $600 on tires for my Tahoe...and they are only 17" low budget tires (since I'm planning on getting rid of it here soon).
I run on 14" rims now (1997 eclipse rs). I figured 250 per rear tire.

Guess I was wrong. What are they? around $450 per tire?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #31
ponykilla

Drives: 04 silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
If you only spend $500 on tires, you buy some pretty crappy tires.....I spent almost $600 on tires for my Tahoe...and they are only 17" low budget tires (since I'm planning on getting rid of it here soon).
damn were are u buying tires i could hook it up for all 4 fot that price
ponykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #32
ponykilla

Drives: 04 silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I'm sure I'll stop at my brothers grave with it since this was supposed to be the first car I owned that was faster than his...
im sorry to hear that man.....
ponykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #33
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
lol Dragoneye
Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #34
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
ummm

gonna drive around.....get the engine used to my driving (i love going fast) and then maybe a month after i get it.......race people cuz theres this one guy who has a saturn and i cant stand him...thinks he can beat anyone...and he will have that by the time i get my camaro...well i show him who owns with 500 hp under the hood...ME!
storm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:49 AM   #35
ksmithers88

Drives: Yamaha R6
since i'll probably end up getting it on a weekend, i'll drive up to beach blvd. on sat night where all the ricers hang out, and stop in the middle of the parking lot, then burnout and drive off.
ksmithers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:14 AM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
Gas station. Won't get far with a quarter of a tank
Now there's someone who's thinking! Can't get home w/out gas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I'm sure I'll stop at my brothers grave with it since this was supposed to be the first car I owned that was faster than his....
Sorry to hear about your loss.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #37
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
I've bought 2 new cars from my GM dealership, both have come with full tanks. so gas station is out for me.

Tires for this beast will be expensive they will be 17 or 18's high performance is a must, probabally looking at $200 per tire. I'll probabally put a set of nitto drag radials on my rears asap.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #38
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponykilla View Post
damn were are u buying tires i could hook it up for all 4 fot that price
That was for all 4....

I was figuring on running at least 18's, probably 20's on the Camaro and they'd be high performance tires, so they will probably run more than $500....
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #39
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
I have two scenarios:

1. If I am still here in Chicago when this car is released, I am going to find my my buddy, who owns a 2007 Mustang GT vert, and do a burnout in front of his house to call him out! Then we'll head to Doty Ave on the southside by I-94 East to drag race, where I will shut him up once and for all!

2. If I have relocated to Charlotte,NC; I will drive off the showroom floor probably with my family(provided my wife can stand the rumble of the exhaust) and go cruisin'....and do some burnouts! Hopefully I will be well acquinted with some folks in Charlotte; I probably will run across some NASCAR guys who are "Bow-tie guys" and cruise with them.

Wherever I am I'll be in my car for a while.
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #40
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
First, I'd to the detailer, and have my guy wash/wax the newest member of the family until she shines like liquid metal!

Next, I'd spend some time making sure the iPod adaptor is neatly installed and out of the way... gotta have the right tunes (whenever the radio is finally turned on).

Next, I'd take it to the parking lot by the beach and get some good sunset photos of her with some good light! I'd make sure my wife's got her auto-show outfit on... yeah, THAT one

Then we'd go for a cruise up the coast, cruising by all the expensive mansions in Manchester by the Sea, letting all the Porsche-loving-green-tooth'd-cheese-eating-surrendor-monkey-Euro-trash drivers know the King is back in town... Boy I'd let that big LS engine roar down some of those little lanes! Maybe a couple of burnouts (short ones) just for grins... those tires are going to be expensive!

Finally, we'd drive back home (taking the long way) and maybe just get some ice cream at the local spot where the bikers and hot-rods hang out... just to show off a bit. :-)

~LSx
LSxcellent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #41
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner

Drives: Nissan 350Z
I'm taking mine to some industrial areas for some sick night shots. Car photography is my hobby and I can't wait to add this car to my collection.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #42
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
This is a very good question! I think i'm gonna be to busy staring at the car and drooling....so until someone slaps me back into reality i have no idea where i'm gonna go at first.

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote