Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
Northern Nevada Modern Muscle Club

Anyone in the Northern Nevada area interested in starting up a club for cruising. I already have a website set up. I just need to see how many would be interested in getting together on the weekends before I go full tilt on the site.
Reno would be the central location.
Let's get it started !!!!!
PM me if interested......

Vince

Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
StentS

I can't believe that there aren't any members from the Reno/Carson City area that are interested in meeting up and cruising, etc.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Yeah I don't know what it is about Northern Nevada dude. The only clubs I have seen since the fifth gen came out have been in Vegas. I have tried to get something going here in Elko but very few of the Camaro owners want to hook up. I know a couple guys with Vettes that go on cruises might get something going with them this year. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
StentS

I know there are quite few Camaro guys on here that live in the area. Some beautiful scenery and roads here. Would make for some great cruises. Even if we just met up on a cruise night to get it started.
There have been plenty of views to this thread. Seems nobody wants to show off their rides.....:bangdesk:

Vince

Old 03-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
jonnyb

What I would do if I lived in Reno is go ahead and finish the web site. Make some business cards announcing it with an e-mail address and when you see the cars in a parking lot or run into the owner invite them and give out the card.
Then once you have a few interested, have a small cars and coffee event or something like that.
There is a bar here that was having a bike and hot rod night once a week last summer. It was on Tuesdays and by mid summer it had a great turn out for this area. Then the bar owner moved it to Saturday nights and it flopped. We told him that most people do not have something to do on Tuesday nights and they do have plans on Saturdays. So we will see what happens this summer.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
CCbusa09

Drives: '06 Tacoma, '11 Durango, '12 SW 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
What I would do if I lived in Reno is go ahead and finish the web site. Make some business cards announcing it with an e-mail address and when you see the cars in a parking lot or run into the owner invite them and give out the card.
Then once you have a few interested, have a small cars and coffee event or something like that.
Great idea jonnyb.
Vince-
I've seen more than a few Gen5 camaros here in the Carson City area and find it hard to believe that there are not more local members here on camaro5.com!!?? Won't be long now until the local classic/muscle car clubs start getting together........great opportunity to spread the "word" eh?

Jimbo
Old 03-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
StentS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
There is a bar here that was having a bike and hot rod night once a week last summer. It was on Tuesdays and by mid summer it had a great turn out for this area. Then the bar owner moved it to Saturday nights and it flopped. We told him that most people do not have something to do on Tuesday nights and they do have plans on Saturdays. So we will see what happens this summer.
The site is already up and running, I just have a lot of work to do on it. Great idea about business cards. I will have to start designing tomorrow.
There is a bar out here with a large parking lot but it is gravel. I know the owner real well and if he can hear the jingle of extra dollars on a week night, he will go for it.
I appreciate the ideas and I will follow through this week. I am retired and have way to much time on my hands, so it is just a motivational issue. I have a couple of people interested already, so it's back to work on the site and the cards.

Vince

Old 03-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
StentS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa09 View Post
Great idea jonnyb.
Vince-
I've seen more than a few Gen5 camaros here in the Carson City area and find it hard to believe that there are not more local members here on camaro5.com!!?? Won't be long now until the local classic/muscle car clubs start getting together........great opportunity to spread the "word" eh?

Jimbo
I was down in Carson today and saw 3 5th gen Camaros in town near the carwash across from the Dodge dealer. Spoke to one of the owners at the carwash. She is in the Army and has a SGM SS. She had never heard of Camaro5 and she too was looking to get involved in cruises and other Camaro owners.
Maybe when I get the business cards done we could meet up and you could take a few and help out with this some.
Being retired has some benefits.......

Vince

Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
StentS

Business Card 1st Try

Here is my first attempt at a card. Wide open to suggestions....

Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #10
CCbusa09

Drives: '06 Tacoma, '11 Durango, '12 SW 1SS
I don't see it Vince??!!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
StentS

You don't see the image above my signature? hmmmmm.....

Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
StentS

Sorry.....My Bad!!!! I had the pic in a private folder.... It should be visible now

The site is up and running but has a long way to go. http://www.nnmmcc.com

Vince

Last edited by StentS; 04-07-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
jonnyb

Glad to see you have gotten this far should be a lot of fun!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
jonnyb

Wow very cool looking web site too!