Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Glaze is all we use to use at one of the biggest Chevy dealers in PA that I use to work at looks awesome till it washed about 10 times and then not so much!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
ryan's camaro
Taeng

Drives: Fast
Thanks for the detailed explanation! Helped me understand a lot more about detailing

Thanks everyone for your help and input!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #17
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
You are never going to get that deep shine you are talking about with paint from the factory without professional help. No wax at all will achieve it. I had mine color sanded then re-cleared and buff. Now I only use Zaino and you can put a dollar bill on the hood and read the serial numbers thru the paint.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #18
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
You are never going to get that deep shine you are talking about with paint from the factory without professional help. No wax at all will achieve it. I had mine color sanded then re-cleared and buff. Now I only use Zaino and you can put a dollar bill on the hood and read the serial numbers thru the paint.
I beg to differ. I can work wonders with factory paint. As a matter of fact, I can work wonders with some 10+ year old, really jacked up factory paint. It's all in knowing what you're doing. Here's just one example.

Here are some close up shots of the damage. The swirls and scratches were in rare form!

And now for the fixed versions! I finished up just as it started to rain. In the pictures, what may appear as scratches or dust are actually rain drops. Somebody up there likes me.

If I can achieve these results with jacked up paint like this, imagine what I can do with a new car. Now I couldn't get these kind of results using Zaino on this SUV because Zaino goes about making your paint look good in a different way, and this SUV is beyond what Zaino would be used on. That's not a knock on Zaino, just stating that you have to know your product choice's capabilities and you should choose the correct product for the job at hand. I used products from Adam's to fix that SUV.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #19
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
Heres some examples factory paint that disagree. I could read a dollar bill across the street on some of these

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
HaubSS

Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Wow, these vehicles look great. Now im really excited for my Adam's stuff to come in. I just took a huge plunge into these polishes.

Dylan, Did you wetsand the clear on the truck before you polished it?
BMR Stage 3 suspension
MRR 288 - 20x10(+35), 20x11(+43)
HaubSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #21
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
The last thing you want to wet sand is factory paint. That is a last ditch effort for when you are removing deep scratches. If you are doing it for a certain look to the paint, you have to spray more clear, block sand it and then spray more clear. You repeat that process until you build up enough clear coat, which should be very flat. Here's a car that I worked on that had been painted by an expert. The clear coat on this car is immaculate.

If you look at the picture below, you will see the reflection of the building off the paint and also off the glass. The reflection off the glass is what perfect clear coat would look like after that wet sanding and respraying process, which is not cheap by the way. The reflection off the paint has a "orange peel" surface look to it and thus the name. Now if I had taken the time to do so, I could have made the reflection off the paint look even deeper than it does but this was just a quick demonstration to show people what the products could do.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaubSS View Post

Nope... straight GM factory Onyx black paint... if you look at the door shot, follow the edges of the garage door and you can see the orange peel a little.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan's camaro View Post
Thanks!
2 years ago I was asking the same questions as you....then I started asking more, learning, and took the plunge....I have used nothing but a FULL compliment of Adam's products ever since. IMO...... you cannot go wrong and WILL be completely satisfied...that has been my experience. Dylan and the rest of the company were ALWAYS available to give instruction, advice, and answer questions to help me learn.
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #24
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Damn those pics! Summer needs to hurry up! I miss my shorts, flip flops and never ending sunlight so I can polish up my paint!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #25
woodstock

Drives: 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Heres some examples factory paint that disagree. I could read a dollar bill across the street on some of these

Dayum Dylan,that's amazing
woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
Adam's Polishes

Thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #27
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaubSS View Post
Wow, these vehicles look great. Now im really excited for my Adam's stuff to come in. I just took a huge plunge into these polishes.

You won't be disapointed. Just be prepared to throw away all the old stuff collecting dust on your shelves that hasn't worked!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #28
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpomeroy View Post
You won't be disapointed. Just be prepared to throw away all the old stuff collecting dust on your shelves that hasn't worked!
That's why I'm using up everything I've bought already... When it's time to get new detail products, it's going to be Adams....

Tags
detailing, glaze, paint, sealant, shiny