Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #1107
summitss/rsls3

Drives: summit white/IOM ss/rs ls3
well cruise nite was fun, i wish tony and i could have made the meet at 8 at menards but we seemed to have a little problem getting our food at jerseys. Lets just say it was right at 2 hours to get our food and eat it. And an hour and 45 mins. of that was waiting for food, we were a little bit pissed to say the least. It was good to see those of you that came out to the festivities. We'll see you all soon im sure.
summitss/rsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #1108
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
good times! It was interesting to see all the minivans and crap-tastic car that showed up to clog up the streets. It was kewl to see the drags....got some good information from Adam's brother that is clogging my brain right now. (smart guy.....i just sat there and smiled like I knew what he was talking about.....lift.....duration....etc) They have me thinking about putting in a cam. Was good to see all the camaros and the camaro 5 peeps.
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #1109
summitss/rsls3

yeah i have about had it with all the idiots that think they need to clog the streets up with that crap too. All in all pretty good though, lots of cars at the car show and you cant beat watching a bunch of guys run 9's and 10's in the quarter. Now i really cant wait to get that cam and the rest of my stuff done.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #1110
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
did anyone get caught in the storm?
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #1111
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
did anyone get caught in the storm?
Adam and I were at his brother's shop when the $hit storm started. We waited there for about an hour for it to pass. by the time I got home, there were multiple trees down in my area and the power was out.......anybody know how to open a garage without power? Neither did I....luckily, my drunk neighbors had just got home too / We sat in my driveway drinking beer for a couple hours until the power came on. Hooray beer!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #1112
GM4LIFE

lol beer helps....we had the car parked at Menards, we got there about 10 mins before it hit due to traffic.

There is a car lot in front of Menards and there was a car port that was empty. The guy had no cars sitting out in the open so we figured it would be fine to put the maro and the pickup in the car port. We didnt have time to find anything down South and a lot of people already had every bit of cover filled.

Well then it started to rain after the wind came up, and we thought we were in a somewhat safe place. Until the lot owner came and pulled up with a piece of crap early 80s S10 that was rusted and dented up, and told us we had to move b/c he had to pull his pickup in. So we pulled out, and looked for cover again, ended up finding a Pump & Pantry gas station in that area, enough room for the pickup and the maro and parked there, wind was blowing hard, and i could hear hail pecking on the rear fenders and rear window. I havnt checked to see if I have damage yet or not in daylight, but last night I felt the surface and looked at it with what light I had and couldnt see any damage, Im going to wash it tonight see what happend. crossing my fingers...
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #1113
_Z28

Drives: Pewter Z/28
I made it back to a friends place and the ladies were nice enough to tell me to just put it in their garage.

Don't mind if i do..

The traffic around town really upsets me too, ruins a good thing, ya know...
_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #1114
summitss/rsls3

well it wasnt my brothers shop, but we know the people that own it pretty well. We pulled up and as soon as we heard about the storm Tony and I pulled the rides in the shop and waited it out. Thank god for knowing people. I agree with everyone the traffic sucked. All the bullshit minivans and pickup truck could stay home next year in my opinion.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #1115
_Z28

Drives: Pewter Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitss/rsls3 View Post
well it wasnt my brothers shop, but we know the people that own it pretty well. We pulled up and as soon as we heard about the storm Tony and I pulled the rides in the shop and waited it out. Thank god for knowing people. I agree with everyone the traffic sucked. All the bullshit minivans and pickup truck could stay home next year in my opinion.
I said that last year, it didn't work.
_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #1116
Beandip2811

Drives: 2010 Camaro
we parked under the viaduct on the eastern side of 25th just west of H ave. I saw summit/ss a couple of times and once just after the storm had passed. we parked under it about 30 minutes before the storm came and we were the only two there at the time but when the rain came we had a lot of company.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #1117
GM4LIFE

I have no dents. There must have been enough rain or something... It was just piece size but with the wind it was hitting hard.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #1118
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Great weekend except for the weather. Worried about all you guys in Kearney during the storm. I love getting to see my Camaro5 brothers and sisters! Hope we can stay longer next year. I wonder why those peeps with DDs don't just pull it in somewhere and watch from the sidelines?!
The All-Chevy show was nice, not as hot as the day before. Lots of people. The big attention getter was the H&H 427 Camaro, black with orange stripes. Some kid had a 2010 with lambo doors.
Hope to see those that can make it next weekend at the Sid Dillon Poker run.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #1119
2k10ss4me

Drives: Summit White 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Great weekend except for the weather. Worried about all you guys in Kearney during the storm. I love getting to see my Camaro5 brothers and sisters! Hope we can stay longer next year. I wonder why those peeps with DDs don't just pull it in somewhere and watch from the sidelines?!
The All-Chevy show was nice, not as hot as the day before. Lots of people. The big attention getter was the H&H 427 Camaro, black with orange stripes. Some kid had a 2010 with lambo doors.
Hope to see those that can make it next weekend at the Sid Dillon Poker run.
I was at the H&H show too and saw the bow tie you have under the hood. Where did you get that? I see that Emblempros is coming out with one soon but I like the looks of the one you had.
2k10ss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #1120
Chris@H&HChevy

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Thanks for coming to the All Chevy Show guys!!!!

Chris@H&HChevy is offline   Reply With Quote