Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
Caution

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M
Anybody install the Pedders Caster alignment bolts

I have had the caster and camber kit from Pedders for a while now and want to put them in this weekend but need to know how much to slot the hole.

I was hoping there was something on the Pedders site but did not see any measurement.

The camber bolts are pretty much self explanatory.

I know there is some material removal but dont want to take off to much.

Thanks
2SS/RS 6M MGW short throw shifter, ADM race cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Kooks 3 inch exhaust, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, Pedders radius arm bushing inserts, Stillen drilled and slotted rotors, "Mike the Powdercoater" yellow powdercoated Brembos, ADV.1 Wheels and Dunlop run flat tires, and VMAX ported throttle body
Caution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Caution

Found some pics from pedders. Would enjoy speaking with someone who has already tackled this mod.
2SS/RS 6M MGW short throw shifter, ADM race cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Kooks 3 inch exhaust, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, Pedders radius arm bushing inserts, Stillen drilled and slotted rotors, "Mike the Powdercoater" yellow powdercoated Brembos, ADV.1 Wheels and Dunlop run flat tires, and VMAX ported throttle body
Old 04-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
How about Pedders or any of their vendor shops?
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
hp junkie

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
I just put these on. Just use one of the washers and turn it to 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock and mark the ends of your slots. I found it easiest to use a 90deg. air grinder and a carbide bit.
2010 2SS M6 CGM LMR cold air, texas speed underdrive pulley and complete stainless exhaust 17/8 headers coated, comp LSR cam, push rods and trunion upgrade, norris catch can, prothane engine mounts, pfadt coilovers, BMR everything suspension, BMR four point strut, MGW billet shifter, barton pistol grip handle, AAC dome and footwell blue, all lights 25% tint, RKsport carbon inlay spoiler, powdercoated calipers, Stoptech stainless brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, West Bend Dyno tune 491rwhp and 465rwtq corrected.
hp junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Caution

Thanks for your reply
Did you remove the radius arms for better access, it looks kinda tight in there!!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
you need to lower the radius arm this way you dont damage the bushing
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Sorry that i missed this thread, i think this was when we were at the fest last week.

You need to pull the arm out of the way, removing it form the car is the best way, but you can do it with it still attached, just pulled out of the way.

Using a carbide grinder you can slot the hole fairly quickly, you don't need to slot it towards the rear of the holes, just the front side, as you will not be going more negative with the caster, just more positive.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Caution

Been looking for a carbide grinder for my pneumatic angle grinder but have had no luck any suggestions would help where I can pick one up.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
harborfreight.com, they are pretty cheap and they are a good household grade, i use some of there tools in my shop too so i know they will hold up
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Any local carquest or napa should be able to help you with that, or home depot/lowes.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote