Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #155
rontammy0
Dr feelgood
 
rontammy0's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alliston Ontario Canada
Posts: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
The sixty is dreadful. You should be in the 1.6 range. You have to be spinning bad. What was the tire pressure?. The MPH seams down also.
19 psi.....im thinking my burnout may be a little lame. Im must not be heating the tires up enough. Im spinning off the line and through 2 gear changes.
__________________


K@N Typhoon Cai
Vmax Ported Throttlebody
MSD Super Conducter plug wires
JBA shorty headers
Solo high flow cats
391 gears
Cosra Exreme 3 inch catback exhaust.
Circle D 3200 stall converter
305 x 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials
AGP Performance tuned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:02 PM   #156
GossipSquirrelJelena
 
GossipSquirrelJelena's Avatar
 
Drives: Used to drive 11 Red Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthJersey
Posts: 749
Give em a big Smokey burnout and drop the psi to 16. The colder it gets the lower you can drop the pressure.
__________________

2015 Mustang Premium
Auto 3.55
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #157
GossipSquirrelJelena
 
GossipSquirrelJelena's Avatar
 
Drives: Used to drive 11 Red Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthJersey
Posts: 749
Your probably doing a burnout like the black Camaro in this video. Notice how I lit them up compared to him? He never stood a chance.

__________________

2015 Mustang Premium
Auto 3.55
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #158
rontammy0
Dr feelgood
 
rontammy0's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alliston Ontario Canada
Posts: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Your probably doing a burnout like the black Camaro in this video. Notice how I lit them up compared to him? He never stood a chance.

Yep thats me lol.
__________________


K@N Typhoon Cai
Vmax Ported Throttlebody
MSD Super Conducter plug wires
JBA shorty headers
Solo high flow cats
391 gears
Cosra Exreme 3 inch catback exhaust.
Circle D 3200 stall converter
305 x 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials
AGP Performance tuned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:02 AM   #159
rontammy0
Dr feelgood
 
rontammy0's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alliston Ontario Canada
Posts: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Give em a big Smokey burnout and drop the psi to 16. The colder it gets the lower you can drop the pressure.
I need more smoke.......
__________________


K@N Typhoon Cai
Vmax Ported Throttlebody
MSD Super Conducter plug wires
JBA shorty headers
Solo high flow cats
391 gears
Cosra Exreme 3 inch catback exhaust.
Circle D 3200 stall converter
305 x 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials
AGP Performance tuned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:15 AM   #160
acammer
Back in the game
 
acammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Weedsport, NY
Posts: 923
I wouldn't get caught up in the MPH if the car is spinning that much. It'll probably pick up a bit once it's hooking. Ambient temps were very low the last time you were out, so you definitely need all the stick that the tires will give you.

Gonna make it out one more time this year? My most local track (not where I usually run) has test & tunes the last two Sunday's of October. If we get a cool, dry, sunny day we might see some negative DA mixed with reasonable traction - it would be fun to put down an even better street tire number before I swap over to drag radials next season.
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS SGM - American Racing Headers/X-pipe and cats, cutouts behind the axle, Cold Air Inductions CAI, New Era Ported TB, 169* T-stat, Ideal Garage clutch master cylinder and remote reservoir, 4.10 gears. 412rwhp. 12.59@113.4mph.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:53 AM   #161
2010reddevil

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gulf Coast, TX
Posts: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I wouldn't get caught up in the MPH if the car is spinning that much. It'll probably pick up a bit once it's hooking. Ambient temps were very low the last time you were out, so you definitely need all the stick that the tires will give you.

Gonna make it out one more time this year? My most local track (not where I usually run) has test & tunes the last two Sunday's of October. If we get a cool, dry, sunny day we might see some negative DA mixed with reasonable traction - it would be fun to put down an even better street tire number before I swap over to drag radials next season.
I'm not bagging on your ride one bit so don't take it as such. I'm just wondering how you have more mods than me and I out trapped you? I mean, I had seriously considered the 3.91 or 4.10 like you have. You have those pricey ARH headers and I prolly had less in mods than just the cost of those alone.

I see you live in NY state. What was your D/A during your runs? Best I ever got was 2200. Definitely less than ideal.
__________________
2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #162
acammer
Back in the game
 
acammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Weedsport, NY
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
I'm not bagging on your ride one bit so don't take it as such. I'm just wondering how you have more mods than me and I out trapped you? I mean, I had seriously considered the 3.91 or 4.10 like you have. You have those pricey ARH headers and I prolly had less in mods than just the cost of those alone.

I see you live in NY state. What was your D/A during your runs? Best I ever got was 2200. Definitely less than ideal.
No worries. Previous owner footed the bill on the ARH headers - that's crazy money if you ask me. I doubt they are any better in the power department than any of the other 1.875" long tubes. Otherwise, we're pretty close on the mods, cutouts are just noise, ported TB is more about response than any power gains.

That car usually goes about 113, give or take a little. Best DA and mph I've seen in 2 years was the 12.59@113.46, at around 1330', against a 5mph breeze. Usually its around 2000' or more in the summer. The breeze probably knocks a mph off.

The gears are definitely not helping trap speed - I'm crossing at like 5600rpm, which is sub-optimal. I couldn't make it in third even before the gear swap, my tires run a little too short. Running third through the traps, if you have enough tire height, is probably part of the equation to great bolt on trap speed. The gears do help on the short end, much easier to get the car going, and probably helping overall ET. Once I go to an 18" drag radial they will be an even bigger asset on the launch.

What's your 60' time like? 660' ET and speed? I would think if the car will give up 115 it might be good for another tenth or two on street tires.
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS SGM - American Racing Headers/X-pipe and cats, cutouts behind the axle, Cold Air Inductions CAI, New Era Ported TB, 169* T-stat, Ideal Garage clutch master cylinder and remote reservoir, 4.10 gears. 412rwhp. 12.59@113.4mph.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:52 AM   #163
2010reddevil

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gulf Coast, TX
Posts: 1,069
I posted my slip a few pages back. 60ft was a 2.03 330ft was a 5.48 and 1/8th was 8.27 @ 88.55. This on stock P-Zeros and about 26psi. 3k launch slipping clutch quick and getting in the throttle reasonably fast. I know if I put some stickies, I coulda hit a 12.2 or better. Trap speed is enough to clip high 11s. I was just shocked to have that much trap speed from so few mods. I think I'm gonna go the A6 route next time though and stick a Yank or other top brand 4k stall converter in it. A bit of suspension work should help to put down some 1.7 or better 60s.
__________________
2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #164
acammer
Back in the game
 
acammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Weedsport, NY
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
I posted my slip a few pages back. 60ft was a 2.03 330ft was a 5.48 and 1/8th was 8.27 @ 88.55. This on stock P-Zeros and about 26psi. 3k launch slipping clutch quick and getting in the throttle reasonably fast. I know if I put some stickies, I coulda hit a 12.2 or better. Trap speed is enough to clip high 11s. I was just shocked to have that much trap speed from so few mods. I think I'm gonna go the A6 route next time though and stick a Yank or other top brand 4k stall converter in it. A bit of suspension work should help to put down some 1.7 or better 60s.
So, check it out. My 12.59@113.46 pass goes 1.98 60', 5.44 330', 8.21 @ 89.52 660, 10.059 in the 1000. I've got your MPH covered in the 1/8th (better gears), and we're picking up about the same on the back half. I'd call the cars pretty even.

3.45's with a tall enough tire to avoid the 3-4 shift definitely would help MPH for a stock geared car - not sure if you were having to shift to 4th or not. By the numbers 114mph is the absolute Vmax for 3rd gear @ 6,600rpm (fuel cut) with a 28.66" tire for the stock 3.45's and M10 ratios, which is what a 275/40/20 should measure. Not all tires measure exactly what their size would indicate. My 275/40/20's more like 28" even - I was on the limiter well before the traps with the 3.45s, so I always had to make the shift. If the tire was a little on the large size like 29" it would go 116mph.

Either car should go 11's on a stickie tire as long as the driver mod is installed. I think I could coax one out - leaving on the 4.10 is dramatically different than the 3.45s.

Of course, an auto with converter should make launching so much easier, and 11's very reachable with good tires and the right mods.
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS SGM - American Racing Headers/X-pipe and cats, cutouts behind the axle, Cold Air Inductions CAI, New Era Ported TB, 169* T-stat, Ideal Garage clutch master cylinder and remote reservoir, 4.10 gears. 412rwhp. 12.59@113.4mph.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #165
2010reddevil

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gulf Coast, TX
Posts: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
So, check it out. My 12.59@113.46 pass goes 1.98 60', 5.44 330', 8.21 @ 89.52 660, 10.059 in the 1000. I've got your MPH covered in the 1/8th (better gears), and we're picking up about the same on the back half. I'd call the cars pretty even.

3.45's with a tall enough tire to avoid the 3-4 shift definitely would help MPH for a stock geared car - not sure if you were having to shift to 4th or not. By the numbers 114mph is the absolute Vmax for 3rd gear @ 6,600rpm (fuel cut) with a 28.66" tire for the stock 3.45's and M10 ratios, which is what a 275/40/20 should measure. Not all tires measure exactly what their size would indicate. My 275/40/20's more like 28" even - I was on the limiter well before the traps with the 3.45s, so I always had to make the shift. If the tire was a little on the large size like 29" it would go 116mph.

Either car should go 11's on a stickie tire as long as the driver mod is installed. I think I could coax one out - leaving on the 4.10 is dramatically different than the 3.45s.

Of course, an auto with converter should make launching so much easier, and 11's very reachable with good tires and the right mods.
Yeah I was having to go for 4th at the big end. If I stuck with 3rd, I'd hit the limiter. I was wondering how mine would done with 3.91 or 4.10s. Well at any rate, I will prolly most definitely go with the 6A next time. 4k stall and stickies make for a very hard launching car.
__________________
2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.