Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
The truth is the truth with what i said above. People commit suicidal over this stuff weather you like it or not. But see? your mom and dad both had alcoholic problems, why? I'm sure you can figure that one out. Don't talk to me about family problems like i haven't had my fair share. I am 17, last time i saw my dad was when i was 4. He was an alcoholic after he went AWOL when he came back from being in the gulf war. He was in jail for the most of his life after that, he died from being a drug and alcohol abuser almost 3 years ago. You have no idea what it's like to never have any memories of your father and to look over him in his casket when he was only 40. People were coming up to me saying how much of a good guy he really was and how much i look and act like him. Trust me, it sucks. My mom dumped me off around 2 1/2, she wanted nothing to do with me because "she was too young". I lived at my grandmothers house pretty much my whole life, as i was growing up my mom would come over and if i said one wrong thing she would beat me, nobody would do anything about it. Nothing was ever given to me and i had to work hard for things. I can tell you, there's things that happened to me during my childhood that left me to think that i had no other rout other then suicide, I'm past that now though. So please, do NOT tell me that i am making assumptions on things that i have no idea about.

You just agreed with him. Yeah maybe you thought of it but you got past it... That was his point.

Edit:.... what does this have to do with parking lol???
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Hahahaha you mean everyone THINKS their life is a struggle. You know whos life is a struggle? The starving kids in africa, the people in afghanistan who deal with daily bombings, etc. Those are struggle. If you have a job, a car, food on the table, and a roof over your head you're not in a struggle... People think they are because someone else has better stuff than they do. They can't be just gifted into their $250k a year dream job, and that lottery habit just hasn't seemed to pay off shit.

Most people don't give a shit about anyone else but themselves and their immediate family. They don't give a shit about you, your car, or the fact they just cut you in line. Their attitude is its just a car, nice or not, and you can see it at all levels of income. I can't tell you how many luxury cars I see with interiors dirty as heck, scratches all over them, etc. Its the way this country is, and its only getting worse.
Yes i agree that the people in africa and afghanistan have it worse, but in reality majority of the people over here don't think or care about them. They are more worried about their own problems. And face it, the way the economy is now, most American's have a reason to worry. The American standard of living has been nice for the past years and everyone is use to it. Then when all of a sudden that is taken away due to loss of jobs, people go hysterical. They are too use to the way things have been to all of a sudden have to sell most of their beloved things just to have food.

People have became alcoholics, gamblers, drug dealers, and suicidal (I'm sure there is more) because of financial problems. Money is the key to life really. You can't enjoy much when you have nothing and leads to depression. And when you have everything, you get bored which can also lead to depression. So the best thing to do i guess is to be right in the middle?

by the way, there was no point or side to this post. I was pretty much putting out a bunch of ideas, or more like comments about this situation America is in. But, it's the wrong place to be doing so i guess.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #17
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
You just agreed with him. Yeah maybe you thought of it but you got past it... That was his point.

Edit:.... what does this have to do with parking lol???
No i was responding to his part about him saying i should keep my comments to myself because i know nothing of this matter. The only reason I'm still here i guess is because I'm strong willed.

And yes, the posts have been very off topic and i do apologize. I just have a problem with ignorant people.

Back on topic, if you are worried about something happening to your car in a parking lot then just don't park your car there.

Also, if a mod can read this please delete my other posts. They are not necessary in this thread and neither is the other guys about his life story and so i do apologize once more.

Last edited by mcdoogle6969; 12-16-2009 at 04:30 PM.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #18
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity

Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
The thing that kills me is when I come home and somebody is parked in my driveway that does not live at my house (usually my uncle) and there is plenty of parking in front of my house where someone visiting should park, it just irritates me when this happens.
OMG! You said a mouthful there. I concur! Can't stand this.
Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #19
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
I never knew parking was so philosophical!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #20
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
What we need is Terry Tate - Parking Lot Linebacker!

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #21
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblu View Post
yep, we have a "demo derby" parking lot here at work,half of the lot are slanted spaces the other are straight lined, the people in the slanted line spots park sooooooo close that you can't get a piece of paper between you, one day when I still had my truck I had to get in on the passenger side and crawl over to the drivers side because I couldn't get in my door and I am not a large person either and still could not get in. We also have an old bank teller building with the covered lanes but it is 2 blocks away from my office door, so I choose to park there and walk every day to avoid being dinged and scratched in the other derby lot.
Name:  parkingsign.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  31.2 KB

Here you go............
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #22
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmont View Post
What we need is Terry Tate - Parking Lot Linebacker!
I can just see it now..

*tackles someone*

Park between the lines, not on them!
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:38 AM   #23
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
Yes i agree that the people in africa and afghanistan have it worse, but in reality majority of the people over here don't think or care about them. They are more worried about their own problems. And face it, the way the economy is now, most American's have a reason to worry. The American standard of living has been nice for the past years and everyone is use to it. Then when all of a sudden that is taken away due to loss of jobs, people go hysterical. They are too use to the way things have been to all of a sudden have to sell most of their beloved things just to have food.

People have became alcoholics, gamblers, drug dealers, and suicidal (I'm sure there is more) because of financial problems. Money is the key to life really. You can't enjoy much when you have nothing and leads to depression. And when you have everything, you get bored which can also lead to depression. So the best thing to do i guess is to be right in the middle?

by the way, there was no point or side to this post. I was pretty much putting out a bunch of ideas, or more like comments about this situation America is in. But, it's the wrong place to be doing so i guess.
Yeah but there was a proliferation of people parked like assholes way before the economic meltdown. All people care about is themselves, no matter the time.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:25 AM   #24
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Actually just because your family is poor does not mean you have no hope. You choose what to make of your situation period.

Hell I grew up in one of the most ****ed up familys. We had no money, dad had to sell his 81 turbo TA for 3g because my mom wanted custody of me even though she was a drugged up, alcoholic discrace. But even after that the bill came to 21 grand for court. For what? Oh yeah we had to live from shithole to shithole for years because of the problems my old man got out of it, drugs, gamballing, psycotic girlfriends that come summersulting through windows to heel drop your doornob off to go stab your father. So yeah before you make assumptions that you have no idea about. Maybe you should tell your american families to man up. One of the reasons I have very little interest in my family is because their so ****ing petty and useless. (I could give more examples of this) Be happy that your alive and not giving orders by blowing into a tube.

My dad told me, everything material is replacable and we will do better one day. And hey, things get better.

Suicidal? Screw the quitters.

Been there,Just because your childhood was aFU****g mess dosent mean you have to be a fuc***g mess as an adult!!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:44 AM   #25
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn200 View Post
Attachment 80427

Here you go............

Perfect! I think I will print this off and have it made into business cards I can leave on their windshield! Thanks!!
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #26
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Back on topic, Spaces are getting smaller and the Camaro needs a nice spot just to get your own door open , I just park further out than everybody else.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #27
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSINSTR View Post
Damn!! I needed this yesterday when some sorority bimbo parked her accord so close to my baby to where I KNEW she dinged my door before I even saw it... Ugh! Living in a college town is a love/hate relationship
Just wear steel toe shoes.I wear my steel toe Doc Martens all the time.When someone dings your door,you put your foot though theirs . I am all for "an eye for an eye" except I take both eyes.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #28
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I'ts the peiople that don't care anything about anyone else but themselves that are the problem.. you see it not only in parking but everyday driving situations.. the same ones that don't park worth a crap are the ones that don't care anything about any traffic laws.. IE Running stop signs, going the wrong way down one way streets so they don't have to circle the block.. going in the exit of a parking lot. etc... It's they just don't care if you need room to get in your car.. as long as they have room...Oh and they also are the ones that will leave buggys sitting all over the parking lot and let them rol linto your car...

Came out of walmart the other day 3 buggys were left around our car, one was left right behind it...