Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 11-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
What is your experience with Haddad Motorsports?

I am looking to get boosted and have talked to Mike Haddad about some options. To say this guy sounds like he knows his stuff when it comes to the F/I side of things would be an understatement. I was wondering, before pulling the trigger, if I could get some feedback from people who've had work done by Mike as to how things went and especially, how things are holding up for those who had the work done in the more distant past? Feel free to PM me if you're uncomfortable posting for whatever reason.

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Several of our members have gone to him. Regarding F/I, busy boi had his Edelbrock S/C installed at Haddad. Mike is a good guy and definitely knows his stuff!!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
firengnred

Thanks Iwantone2. That's the impression I have.

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
Old 11-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Vinyljunkie also had some work done when his clutch went out (I forget exactly what happened, but it was a warranty issue) and he's got a Vortech SC on his car. He had nothing but praise for Mike and his shop.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 AM   #5
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
I had a couple of bolt ons done by mike and his crew... Let me tell you these guys are good at what they do! I dont have FI (yet) but I defenetly got way more horsepower and torque out of the parts that I had than I should have! He ended up getting 80hp over stock when I leteraly was only expecting 40-50hp tops!!

I will defenetly be going back to him next spring to get my head and cam package done as well as a 427cid stoker!
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 AM   #6
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Oh and if there is an issue with tuning or installation issues after you drive off, they take care of you on that as well! They hit up my tune a second time for free because I was not completly satisfied!
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Mike's awesome. Definitely knows his stuff and takes the time to do it right. Smokes like a chimney though! I can't think of anyone else I'd go to anywhere in LA Metro.

Ryne & Mike @ Cunningham Motorsports in Lake Elsinore are also good people, but that's a damn long drive.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Hell! I drove down there from NorCal based on forum references and phone calls I had with him. My car has been perfect with NO hiccups of any kind.

FYI, Mine was a maggie install w/ a 3.6 pulley "conservatively" tuned to be safe @ 8psi on this shitty 91 pump gas we have. I have an L99 and the trans tune alone was worth the trip!!

They really take the time to get everything out of the car they can. I highly recommend them.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

On the shitty 91 octane gas..I work at Chevron Refinery and work in the division that blends the gasoline. We often add more octane than needed for 91 so we can make sure we're on test. More times than not you're getting more octane than is advertised at our pumps.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #10
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
On the shitty 91 octane gas..I work at Chevron Refinery and work in the division that blends the gasoline. We often add more octane than needed for 91 so we can make sure we're on test. More times than not you're getting more octane than is advertised at our pumps.
Chevron has always been my fav. Shell has a good formula too.

If what you say it true that's awesome! Premium tends to sit in the tanks longer than most as it is the most expensive, how does that affect octane and purity....
Old 11-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
Good to know--are you down here by the Port?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #12
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Mike @Haddad Motorsports is a good guy he will help you with anything here is a video of my car at his shop.

Last edited by Busy_Boi; 11-06-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Busy_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Chevron has always been my fav. Shell has a good formula too.

If what you say it true that's awesome! Premium tends to sit in the tanks longer than most as it is the most expensive, how does that affect octane and purity....
Well, the techron in Chevron gas actually makes it last longer. At any rate, it would take years for a tank to "go bad." Any liquid that sits in a container over time will cause corrosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Good to know--are you down here by the Port?
No, I'm up next to LAX.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #14
firengnred

I work at ExxonMobil in the same division as TripleB and we do the same. In fact most of your mid grade 89 octane will actually be closer to 91 if not actually 91. We only blend regular and super. To get mid grade, the regular and super are blended together on the trucks as they fill up for delivery. To avoid fines for not meeting 89 octane, It's over blended with super to be safe.