Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 01-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #3417
Commit and Conquer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
Commit you didn't start anything,I just don't pull punches and ask questions that might piss people off.Larry isn't afraid to call an orange an orange. So if anyone started something it was me.

I'm all about telling it like it is...yOu guys have definitely given me food for thought!

I'd like to say I'll keep it stock and do the SC only like he suggested but I know myself better than that.

I like his recommended progression which was my orignial plan...decisions decisons!
Commit and Conquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #3418
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Yeah Tom is always starting stuff...lol

Orange an Orange...you mean an IOM an IOM!

C and C:

Mine is also a weekend warrior. May of 09 to date 17K just doing rally's and racing at bandi and high plains. One trip to Durango.

Mike is a great guy! Just saying what I know to be the truth from being one of the original members here in the Camaro Club of the Rockies and knowing most of the folks. RMCR has done a lot of work for a lot of members. Many have had good experiences but not all. I in fact had my car tuned down there early on. Spoke to Mike regarding upgrades and got estimates. Did more research and talked to many others and was still lured by the power of the SC and ignored the guys that told me the truth so to speak. I ended up having Brian and Laramie GM Auto Center install my SC and ignored his strong suggestions regarding supporting parts for the most part and knew going in that we were going to test and see what breaks and what didnt. Well within months the stock clutch was toast. Don had his tensioner fail and that issue became widespread and was a known issue. Decided to have tensioner and cam and top end done. Upon inspection it was discovered that my ring on my number 4 piston was burnt and the end of my plug was fractured. One bad tank of gas and even a well and safe tuned vehicle is prone to detonation and the stock pistons can not handle it. So engine pulled for diagnosis. Sure enough problems found and it was time to go to plan b. Since all the labor to pull it was already done I opted for the perminant solution. Rotation assembly with forged parts and "rated" for my HP were installed. Since it was out and would need to be honed anyway I decided to stroke it. Exhaust system was a no brainer at that point as well. The rest is pretty much history. No longer am I in the testing stage. Its done! I feel very very safe with the build. I dont have to lift or compensate to avoid damage. I dont have to worry about a BAP going out. Just relax and enjoy it the way I want. To answer your question. Yes I strongly suggest forged and certified internals along with GM Performance, Lingenfelter, Hennessey, East Texas Speed, ADM, and numorous other vendors including Laramie GM Auto Center, Clint at Air. I think you are just like me. You want it reliable and dependable and no surpises. Remember these guys are playing into what you want to hear and their sole purpose in most cases is to sell you parts and labor. Brian has no such reason. He is working 6 or 7 days a week if your car is in their shop or not. He has done excellent work on my car as well as several other club members cars and supports them beyond reason. Ie. When Ted's car blew up (not built by him by the way) he was there to pick it up on a trailer to take it for repair. The other shop that did the build did no such action. In fact, came up with the reason for the failure to be fuel delivery.....which was and should have been matched to his build and was not. Just sayin.

Ok maybe a can o worms was opened but I have no reason to say anything here I am not willing to back up.

I think you will hear from several others that have been undergoing mods and be able to make an educated decision on which way to go. Mike can most certainly do the job and do it well...but you need to make sure you are not pushing him for answers that he thinks you might want to hear in order to book the work. He does other types of SC as well so dont feel you have to be married to the vortech either. And of course you are more than welcome to meet up with us sometime and drive a roots style so you can see if that is what you are looking for.

Hopefully we will all get to meet soon. Camaro Club of the Rockies on Facebook is a great place to keep track of when and where we are all going and meeting.

Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #3419
Commit and Conquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Yeah Tom is always starting stuff...lol

Orange an Orange...you mean an IOM an IOM!

C and C:

Mine is also a weekend warrior. May of 09 to date 17K just doing rally's and racing at bandi and high plains. One trip to Durango.

Mike is a great guy! Just saying what I know to be the truth from being one of the original members here in the Camaro Club of the Rockies and knowing most of the folks. RMCR has done a lot of work for a lot of members. Many have had good experiences but not all. I in fact had my car tuned down there early on. Spoke to Mike regarding upgrades and got estimates. Did more research and talked to many others and was still lured by the power of the SC and ignored the guys that told me the truth so to speak. I ended up having Brian and Laramie GM Auto Center install my SC and ignored his strong suggestions regarding supporting parts for the most part and knew going in that we were going to test and see what breaks and what didnt. Well within months the stock clutch was toast. Don had his tensioner fail and that issue became widespread and was a known issue. Decided to have tensioner and cam and top end done. Upon inspection it was discovered that my ring on my number 4 piston was burnt and the end of my plug was fractured. One bad tank of gas and even a well and safe tuned vehicle is prone to detonation and the stock pistons can not handle it. So engine pulled for diagnosis. Sure enough problems found and it was time to go to plan b. Since all the labor to pull it was already done I opted for the perminant solution. Rotation assembly with forged parts and "rated" for my HP were installed. Since it was out and would need to be honed anyway I decided to stroke it. Exhaust system was a no brainer at that point as well. The rest is pretty much history. No longer am I in the testing stage. Its done! I feel very very safe with the build. I dont have to lift or compensate to avoid damage. I dont have to worry about a BAP going out. Just relax and enjoy it the way I want. To answer your question. Yes I strongly suggest forged and certified internals along with GM Performance, Lingenfelter, Hennessey, East Texas Speed, ADM, and numorous other vendors including Laramie GM Auto Center, Clint at Air. I think you are just like me. You want it reliable and dependable and no surpises. Remember these guys are playing into what you want to hear and their sole purpose in most cases is to sell you parts and labor. Brian has no such reason. He is working 6 or 7 days a week if your car is in their shop or not. He has done excellent work on my car as well as several other club members cars and supports them beyond reason. Ie. When Ted's car blew up (not built by him by the way) he was there to pick it up on a trailer to take it for repair. The other shop that did the build did no such action. In fact, came up with the reason for the failure to be fuel delivery.....which was and should have been matched to his build and was not. Just sayin.

Ok maybe a can o worms was opened but I have no reason to say anything here I am not willing to back up.

I think you will hear from several others that have been undergoing mods and be able to make an educated decision on which way to go. Mike can most certainly do the job and do it well...but you need to make sure you are not pushing him for answers that he thinks you might want to hear in order to book the work. He does other types of SC as well so dont feel you have to be married to the vortech either. And of course you are more than welcome to meet up with us sometime and drive a roots style so you can see if that is what you are looking for.

Hopefully we will all get to meet soon. Camaro Club of the Rockies on Facebook is a great place to keep track of when and where we are all going and meeting.

Larry
Thanks Larry,

I'll definteily do my homework before making a final decision. I appreciate the fact that you have been to the point about the whole thing.

I'll check out the club and will make it a point to catch up with you guys sometime soon!

Thanks,
Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #3420
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
This page lately has been slow anyway.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #3421
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Go saints
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #3422
Commit and Conquer

Quote:

I'll see if I can continue to liven it up!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #3423
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300 2015 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Go saints
The aints ain't any more
Old 01-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #3424
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
And I'm just here to keep it clean. Lol
Old 01-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #3425
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
And I'm just here to keep it clean. Lol
And polished.! Hey Randy, Ricardo is getting ready to place a group order for light kits for a bunch of our cars. If you want in contact him or call me. Garth, Don, Chris, Ted and myself are all in at this point. Full boat including console kit and switches engine lights, and spot lights on key parts, two color under dash, lights in the vents, under seat, rear seat, trunk all for around 300. Of course you can do just part if you want. Orders going in this week for anyone interested. Post up..
Snooze you lose. About half price compared to ACC.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #3426
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLEB View Post
The aints ain't any more
OMG what a shocker. Oh well..home field means so much in playoffs.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #3427
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Holly crap....you dont see Larry on here for weeks at a time and then when he is, hes stiring up a shit storm!! WOW way to keep the winter months exciting!

As for all the lights and stuff, I think all you "big" HP guys should stick to the power and performance and leave all the appearance stuff to those of us who dont have all the HP to show off. GEEEEZE. Let us poooor peaple have somethin!!!!

How bout them Seahawks!!! LOL
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #3428
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Holly crap....you dont see Larry on here for weeks at a time and then when he is, hes stiring up a shit storm!! WOW way to keep the winter months exciting!
As for all the lights and stuff, I think all you "big" HP guys should stick to the power and performance and leave all the appearance stuff to those of us who dont have all the HP to show off. GEEEEZE. Let us poooor peaple have somethin!!!!

How bout them Seahawks!!! LOL
yeah and how bout the jets...whoop whoop. As far as the lights its more about the story. How often do you get a chance to have a grammy winning engineer do your light show on your car. Ricardo is the man! And its all about the show...I am thinking that Don will get spot lights for his bumper stickers and continue to take the trophies anyway.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #3429
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Don will get spots for his engine cover!!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #3430
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Don will get spots for his engine cover!!
Oh yeah...for mario adretti's signature and Scott Settlemires...forgot about those...his engine compartment will look like a polka dot compartment. figure he will also get one for the disco ball too. But that one makes sense.

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro