Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 AM   #1
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Pedderized! - Pace Car Package

So after a long wait I am finally Pedderized ... and Wow! I actually thought the car handled fairly well stock, now it's just sick . Even my wife was blown away at the handling - she liked it so much she wanted to take it tomorrow to show a friend ... uh, not . LOL, I told her she couldn't since I still had to tweak it more.

So I still have some dialing in to do, but so far it's awesome. The car is super tight now. Like it's glued to the road. It just hunkers down and grabs the curves. I asked the shop to drop it 1.5 inches. I should have measured before just to confirm but they said that's what they did. Honestly I was worried it wouldn't be enough. When I saw it though the 1.5 makes for a HUGE visual difference. Any of you guys considering the Pedders Pace Car package I highly encourage you to do it. You will not regret it for second!

A HUGE shout out needs to go to JusticePete from Pedders. Unlike you guys in the lower 48 there are not a lot of high end performance shops up here in Alaska. There's more and more but still relatively few camaros too. No one had done this install and a few shops I called wouldn't do it. Once I found a good place Pete and Pedders really stepped up to the plate with the customer service and helping them get it done right .

I still need to dial in the coilover settings since they set the front and back equal for some reason. They also outsourced the alignment and did not provide a print out of the specs. In a few weeks they should have an in-house system setup and offered to re-check the specs and provide a print out. Works for me, that way if I want to dial it in more, drop it a little more, and do whatever I can. So far I am happy camper though!

However looking at the pics it looks like half a halo is out (passenger side). Can half a halo go out? Man, I need to look at that.

BEFORE:

AFTER

IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Wow, the car looks amazing! God those forgelines look so good! And they look even better with the drop! It really changes the look of the car!

P.S. Let me make your life a little easier. I don't think half a halo can go out because each halo is lit up with only 1 LED. So it should be either the whole halo is out or not. And in the pic, the halo looks fine to me

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
congrats!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Man this is the same package I have been saving for.
ARD here in Houston is going to do the honors soon.
Hope mine looks that nasty and handles that good when it's done.

did you do just the Pace Car? or add more to it like the bushings and some of the other optional items.
ARD is specing a set based off the pace car package with the XAs and ALL the bushings as well as trailing arms and lowers for drag racing as well as autocross and road courses.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Looks sweet! Congrats on the upgrades!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Try setting the coilovers for 12 in the front and 6 in the rear; that's a good performance street setting that's not too stiff. If you need a softer ride you can go 10 and 5, or 8 and 4 but try the 12 and 6 to start and see how it feels for you.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Welcome to the PEDDERS Nation!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23

T.

GO HAWKS!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #9
IPT

holy crap.... this car is insanely fun to drive now! I almost giggle bombing through curves. There is this one bump on the way to work and the rear end always used to bob after rolling over it. This morning the car hit it and ate it up. I actually had to look where I was and see if I was at the same spot it felt so different .
Old 06-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
IPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Try setting the coilovers for 12 in the front and 6 in the rear; that's a good performance street setting that's not too stiff. If you need a softer ride you can go 10 and 5, or 8 and 4 but try the 12 and 6 to start and see how it feels for you.
Doc - are you going from hard or soft to get to those settings? From the shop it was 8 from hard both front and rear. I dialed the front down 8 more clicks from hard - so, from full hard I should be at 8 rear and 16 front.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
No start from full soft. Turn it counter-clockwise all the way; that's 0. Then turn it 12 clicks to the right for the fronts, and 6 clicks to the right for the rears. See how that feels.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #12
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
Welcome to the PEDDERS Nation!
Hey, that is my line

Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote