Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2022, 12:04 AM   #1
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
NightOwl HELP Needed

K, so backstory.. but first of all, y'all bear with me. it's been... ages.. like AGES!!!

Years ago, I got a NightOwl system, I had DRLs, halos, ABL & a bowtie all connected to it. I used the NightOwl app on my phone, a Samsung S3.

Time moved forward, I got a new phone, redownloaded the app to the new phone, all was well.

After some upgrades, the app quit working on NEW phone. The phone would connect, but I'd get the error 'Internet may not be available' and nothing happened beyond that. No nightowl. :(

Not to worry too badly, as long as I had my old phone, I could still connect to Nightowl and play with the lights.

It's been a long while.. a very very long while, but tonight, I went out with my old phone and the only thing I could turn on was the ABL. No bowtie, no DRLs, no halos.

So.. my questions are..

What now? Is there a way to upgrade/transfer over to a new(er) system? If so, what? Is there a way to force it to work with the new phone? If so, how? I don't have any other external remotes so I'm stuck without some way to get the phone app to work again.

I know they went out of business years ago, but if anyone has any idea how to contact the original guy (Joe, but idk his last name) I would be super appreciative. Or any other ideas, suggestions, tips, anything?
Old 08-02-2022, 11:28 PM   #2
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
My best advice is to seek out help from the NightOwl Facebook group and decide whether you want to go for trying to replace the phone with an old phone or update to a new control system. Sjmautoprod has great stuff that is plug and play. Not 100% the same on features, from a controlling perspective, but rock solid and awesome to work with.

Lots of advice on how to keep it alive in the threads there, if you are so inclined. If you decide to switch, I'd be interested in some N.O. modules. PM me, if you go that route. Good luck!

Joe is a great guy, but a ghost and kept nothing.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:06 AM   #3
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Oooh. I didn't know they had a FB group! But I will go find it and check it out!! Thank you and will holler if I switch!
Old 08-03-2022, 12:22 PM   #4
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Good luck!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote