Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #127
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by priz23 View Post
Respectfully, looks like you did to me ( pretty sure you claimed you know the zl1 is a better car). Repetitive, petty and annoying arguing is the definition of rivalry( I should know, i'm a die hard Yankee fan). If you're annoyed find a different thread, there are plenty praising the zl1 (rightfully so, it's going to be a great car) and most of this banter is pretty harmless.
ri·val·ry/ˈrīvəlrē/

Noun:
Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

I don't see repetitive, petty and annoying in that definition. He did claim it was a better car, I'm sure he felt that to him it has advantages over the other car. You're just coming in here to stir up the pot, Typical Yankee Fan!

Yankee's suck

Old 03-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #128
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I'm a Chevy guy. I've never liked Ford. I've always been a big fan of the Camaro and have never liked disgustangs. That being said, I don't see a single thing in here that has required any form of moderation. Car guys can have discussions. Enthusiast can have discussions. They can even have heated discussions with no ill will towards the other person. Sadly I've seen a horrible thing happen with the 5th gen. A 5th gen only cult has formed. Their egos are directly tied to the on paper performance, sales figures, future design projections, number of stone chips, number of people that compliment their car, how many kids that ask if its a transformer, etc,etc,etc of the 5th generation Camaro. This is rampant among 5th gen and only 5th gen Camaro owners. It saddens me to know that GM listens to these people. God forbid a real enthusiast find room for improvement. God forbid an enthusiast can recognize and respect an attribute of another car that they would like to see on a Camaro. God forbid Ford steps up to the plate and swings for the wall. I see it as a chance for all performance minded car enthusiast to benefit. The 5th Generation Camaro Waxer Cult sees it as a direct attack upon their very souls. If the 500 blows the doors off the ZL1 at every track and back road in the country then so be it. While I will be disappointed that they were able to do it, it will not change my love for my simple SS one single bit. In fact, I would embrace it as a chance for GM to step up once again. Of course with the current group of cult members declaring a yet to be marketed car as perfect then there is no reason for GM to spend another penny on R&D. At least with the blue oval boys a conversation can take place. There's no hope for conversation between a Camaro enthusiast and a 5th generation cult member.
you Sir just earned my respect.

I have never met a car enthusiast who only owned 1 brand of car or talk crap about cars that threaten his chosen car. I wouldn't call a guy like that an "enthusiast" of anything to do with cars. You described this forum exactly what it has evolved into. It is nice to see that more and more members are seeing it. If this site is backed by GM, then I fully understand. Why does it have to be against a GT500 that sparks hatred here? Sounds like a bunch of insecure people to me. I have owned 6 Camaros and have been a Camaro fan more than any other car.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #129
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I don't think that there is only a 5th Gen Cult, I'm quite sure there are cults for every popular sports car(or vehicles in general) that are out there. I don't think you should lose out hope that a conversation between a Camaro enthusiast and a "5th Gen Cult" member could not happen. They could be swayed into becoming an enthusiast if given the proper knowledge and perspective.

Concerning the "moderation", Dragoneye has over 25000 posts, been here 5 yrs and counting and has been involved in all aspects of conversations Ford vs. Mustang and as much as he is a moderator, he is also an enthusiast and he was in here just to quell certain arguments between individuals from progressing to a point where it would be pointless. As an enthusiast, he's entitled to his opinion and should not be asked to go to another thread.
Odd that you would tie a specific mod into post in order to defend him. That suggest to me that you see a connection between my statement of the Camaro cult and Dragoneye. Nowhere in my comment did I call him out. My statement covered many, many people both on and off of this forum who refuse to have any conversation except Camaro is King and GM is our god. When no other thoughts can even be entertained the there is no reason for discussion. The enthusiast may only shut up and be preached to by the cult member. I recently was informed that I was "not a real Camaro owner" because I didn't drool over a Camaro that was in the far background behind a Lamborghini Aventador in a picture. I was also informed during this verbal assault that a Camaro is a real "hand built exotic". I love my Camaro but I'd much rather have the enthusiast with mullets back rather than the castrated Camaro cult awaiting the spaceship that's sure to be in the tail of the GM Comet. If you ever want to discuss cars then hit me up but I'm just not interested in being in a cult.

Now back to the pleasant discussion that was happening between some enthusiast.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #130
YourBlindingBias
Banned

Drives: GT500/ZL1
Quote:
Odd that you would tie a specific mod into post in order to defend him. That suggest to me that you see a connection between my statement of the Camaro cult and Dragoneye. Nowhere in my comment did I call him out. My statement covered many, many people both on and off of this forum who refuse to have any conversation except Camaro is King and GM is our god. When no other thoughts can even be entertained the there is no reason for discussion. The enthusiast may only shut up and be preached to by the cult member. I recently was informed that I was "not a real Camaro owner" because I didn't drool over a Camaro that was in the far background behind a Lamborghini Aventador in a picture. I was also informed during this verbal assault that a Camaro is a real "hand built exotic". I love my Camaro but I'd much rather have the enthusiast with mullets back rather than the castrated Camaro cult awaiting the spaceship that's sure to be in the tail of the GM Comet. If you ever want to discuss cars then hit me up but I'm just not interested in being in a cult.

Now back to the pleasant discussion that was happening between some enthusiast.

have my babies?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #131
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBlindingBias View Post
have my babies?

oooooooohhh myyyyy
Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #132
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBlindingBias View Post
have my babies?
Um, uh, hmmm, um, a hey guys it's been real but I need to a get busy around the house doing manly stuff. I'm burning manly scraps of an old manly desk with some manly fire in a manly firepit...
Old 03-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #133
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Um, uh, hmmm, um, a hey guys it's been real but I need to a get busy around the house doing manly stuff. I'm burning manly scraps of an old manly desk with some manly fire in a manly firepit...

But Jamie if your doing manly things you will miss the opportunity to have this guys kids
Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #134
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I see the '13 5.0 gets a little boost in power

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/19/2...-drive-review/
Was the 2011 5.0 SAE Certified? Cause they might have just pulled a 2011 V6 Camaro fake HP bump on this though I doubt it....
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #135
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Was the 2011 5.0 SAE Certified? Cause they might have just pulled a 2011 V6 Camaro fake HP bump on this though I doubt it....
According to motor trend

Quote:
Let's start with those eight extra horses, which nobody was clamoring for, but are welcome just the same. They were found in Boss 302-inspired calibration changes like making the spark retard a bit less conservative and deleting the oil-squirters that cooled the pistons but were deemed superfluous and a source of windage losses.
Read the complete first drive. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...g_first_drive/
Old 03-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #136
YourBlindingBias
Banned

Drives: GT500/ZL1
The 5.0 was indeed SAE ceritfied, it's not much HP probably just a tune change or different intake etc..
Old 03-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #137
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
According to motor trend

Read the complete first drive. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...g_first_drive/
Due to self respect I refuse to read motortrend or most car magazines for that matter
Old 03-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #138
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Due to self respect I refuse to read motortrend or most car magazines for that matter
so did you enjoy the read anyway?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #139
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
so did you enjoy the read anyway?
No I read the Autoblog post, I'll watch the Motor Trend videos but with the audio off
Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #140
Stew

Quote:
Hey, there is fun in reading Motor trend articles............... and pointing out the wrong information and grammar errors lol.
Closed Thread