Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
jrcbandit

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Confused about hot wheel edition ordering for 2lt

So I was working a deal on a tradein for my 2010 2lt and I mentioned I was possibly interested in a 2SS or hot wheels 2lt (2ss with hot wheels out of my price range unfortunately). I ended up getting a 2SS on the lot, but my salesperson swore up and down that weren't able to order the hot wheels package on an 2LT, even though I saw pics of one here. He tried to play it off as possibly a dealership painting the car, badging it, getting the custom rims, etc to turn into one, but it wasn't available from the factory that way, and chevrolet website would let you add the package as a mistake. Was he just bsing me because he wanted to sell a 2SS? Could it be that his dealership was no longer able to order a 2lt version? My salesman seemed like a straightforward, no bs type of guy who would have just let me know they couldn't order that version but other dealerships could if that was true.

I think in the end I'll be happier with the performance of the 2SS but I fell in love with the hot wheel color and would like to have had at least the option to consider the 2lt version.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
jrcbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
midwest mcnasty
scottie v

Drives: 2012 2lt camaro iom rs package
yes it is available in a 2lt version. some dealers are just full of it.
midwest mcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
As was said, it is absolutely available on the 2lt, either in coupe form or vert.

The salesman you are talking to has no idea what he is saying. Time for some retraining.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
I just built one chevrolet web site and it let me build a 2lt with the hotwheels package. The OP stated that the salesman said it's a mistake.

I dunno.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
So I was working a deal on a tradein for my 2010 2lt and I mentioned I was possibly interested in a 2SS or hot wheels 2lt (2ss with hot wheels out of my price range unfortunately). I ended up getting a 2SS on the lot, but my salesperson swore up and down that weren't able to order the hot wheels package on an 2LT, even though I saw pics of one here. He tried to play it off as possibly a dealership painting the car, badging it, getting the custom rims, etc to turn into one, but it wasn't available from the factory that way, and chevrolet website would let you add the package as a mistake. Was he just bsing me because he wanted to sell a 2SS? Could it be that his dealership was no longer able to order a 2lt version? My salesman seemed like a straightforward, no bs type of guy who would have just let me know they couldn't order that version but other dealerships could if that was true.

I think in the end I'll be happier with the performance of the 2SS but I fell in love with the hot wheel color and would like to have had at least the option to consider the 2lt version.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
In my opinion the salesman wanted to move what he had on the lot. A lot of sales people in my area are not familiar with new editions/options. I test drove a 1LE Camaro last weekend and the salesman knew very little about the 1LE package.

As cool as I think the Hot Wheels edition is, I think you'll enjoy the power and suspension of the SS much more.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
MO&GO

Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
When I went into the dealer to ask about the Hot Wheels Editions they didn't even know they were available. But they quick found out and mine (a 2LT) is scheduled to be built the last week of March. It can't get here soon enough.
2004 Impala
THEN
1983 Camaro Coupe
1969 Camaro Sport Coupe
MO&GO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest mcnasty View Post
yes it is available in a 2lt version. some dealers are just full of it.
+1 and convertible
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
jrcbandit

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
This is what I expected, he was just trying to sell me on the SS.

Just received my SS and am loving it, so in the end it was probably for the best. Although I am already starting to hate pollen and black....
jrcbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Your salesman is
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote