Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 02-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Becca
Frog

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Shift Light

Thinking about getting a shift light but wondering if it is really worth the install to get one?
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
nuptualnemesis
NuptualNemesis

Drives: Silver 1SS M6 - 480hp 11.57/120.79
I would recommend the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. You can set RPM level and above for dual red lights to turn on. I believe you can now set two light alerts. Much easier and safer than trying to watch the tach. I cut down a pillar pod mount to mount it on my dash behind the inspection sticker next to my passport radar detector. It is in a picture in my picture album in my profile: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=17935

It plugs into the computer outlet on bottom left of dash where they check engine codes. You only need to tie into a hot lead. (I used the cigarette lighter fuse for it and the radar detector) It is multifunctional. You can monitor oil pressure/temperature, inlet air temperature, which will heat up idling in the staging lanes, and about 40 other functions. It shows two at a time and you can set it to cycle up to twelve readings at different speeds. You can set it to record for one minute and play it back. It has a performance mod to record 1/4 mile info on street like the new challenger. Also checks and clears engine codes and a lot more. $239.00
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Last edited by nuptualnemesis; 02-24-2010 at 11:42 AM.
nuptualnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Becca
Frog

Thanks so much for the info..I'll check it out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuptualnemesis View Post
I would recommend the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. You can set RPM level and above for dual red lights to turn on. I believe you can now set two light alerts. Much easier and safer than trying to watch the tach. I cut down a pillar pod mount to mount it on my dash behind the inspection sticker next to my passport radar detector. It is in a picture in my picture album in my profile: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=17935

It plugs into the computer outlet on bottom left of dash where they check engine codes. You only need to tie into a hot lead. (I used the cigarette lighter fuse for it and the radar detector) It is multifunctional. You can monitor oil pressure/temperature, inlet air temperature, which will heat up idling in the staging lanes, and about 40 other functions. It shows two at a time and you can set it to cycle up to twelve readings at different speeds. You can set it to record for one minute and play it back. It has a performance mod to record 1/4 mile info on street like the new challenger. Also checks and clears engine codes and a lot more. $239.00
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html
Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
Becca
Frog

Does it have a feature for the skip shift elimnator?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
nuptualnemesis
NuptualNemesis

Drives: Silver 1SS M6 - 480hp 11.57/120.79
No. You can tune it out of the computer with a tune or piggy back an eliminator module (about $20.00) into the transmission wiring harness under the car. If they charge more than $5.00 to $10.00 for installation it is too much.
nuptualnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote