Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #113
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosoar View Post
I am a hardcore track car guy, and I've loved my Mustangs for a long time now. I've also somewhat prided myself on being a track enthusiast and not a Mustang enthusiast; four wheels and an engine, baby !!! So, when Chevy introduced the 2013 1LE Camaro, I have to admit, it is awesome and puts Mustangs to shame (although we have to wait for the IRS-equipped 2015 Mustang ). Nevertheless, I dig this new 1LE Camaro and I think I'm gonna make the big switch from Ford to Chevy...Mustang to Camaro! In the end, the 1LE Camaro is the better car,...clearly! I have two questions. It seems there's not a ton of head room in the Camaro; this is a problem for wearing a helmet at the track. Any tall drivers out there have problems with a helmet at the track? Two, are the ZL1's front brakes available from Chevy?
Ha!! Sounds good!! We like converts...

With the seat full on the floor, and the seat back reclined some so the head-rest doesn't bump into the helmet's back...I have plenty of room, and I'm 6'0"...Dunno how tall you are. If you want to race even just a few times I'll definitely recommend AGAINST a sunroof...takes up valuable head room for helmets...

The ZL1 brake parts aren't offered (I think) as a performance package from Chevy racing...but there are vendors on this site that can look up part numbers and place orders for everything you'd need to duplicate the 6-piston Brembo system.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #114
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

With the seat full on the floor, and the seat back reclined some so the head-rest doesn't bump into the helmet's back...I have plenty of room, and I'm 6'0"...Dunno how tall you are. If you want to race even just a few times I'll definitely recommend AGAINST a sunroof...takes up valuable head room for helmets...

The ZL1 brake parts aren't offered (I think) as a performance package from Chevy racing...but there are vendors on this site that can look up part numbers and place orders for everything you'd need to duplicate the 6-piston Brembo system.
The Chevrolet Performance Catalog has the ZL1 brake kit available for the SS and even V-6 models. Pricing hasn't been released yet. Heard that the catalog and pricing will be ready by March. You can download the catalog here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258441, but parts availability is hit and miss right now.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #115
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The Chevrolet Performance Catalog has the ZL1 brake kit available for the SS and even V-6 models. Pricing hasn't been released yet. Heard that the catalog and pricing will be ready by March. You can download the catalog here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258441, but parts availability is hit and miss right now.
Thanks! I don't keep up-to-date on aftermarket stuff nearly as much as I should...
Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #116
Dinosoar

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

Hey, thanks for the reply. And, yeah, I never do sunroofs, I just hate 'em!

I am 6'2" and usually like a pretty upright and close-to-the-wheel position. I am worried I just may not fit well. I'll have to take my helmet to the Chevy dealer and just sit in an SS and try it.
Dinosoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #117
Dinosoar

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
This is great news. One reason I love the Mustang is the AFTERMARKET!!! It's just awesome. I don't know about the Camaro, so that's another unknown variable for me. I know stuff is out there, but how much I just don't know. I still gotta get a magazine dealing with GM or Camaro tuning. Any recommendations?
Dinosoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #118
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:

I am 6'2" and usually like a pretty upright and close-to-the-wheel position. I am worried I just may not fit well. I'll have to take my helmet to the Chevy dealer and just sit in an SS and try it.
You betcha!

In my case, the only thing that got in the way of my helmet was the headrest...so if you're usually pretty upright, you may need to get used to a little reclined seat for track days.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #119
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:

I am 6'2", helmet fits but no sunroof. Sunroof will take some room, so check if u get that option.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #120
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
This is great news. One reason I love the Mustang is the AFTERMARKET!!! It's just awesome. I don't know about the Camaro, so that's another unknown variable for me. I know stuff is out there, but how much I just don't know. I still gotta get a magazine dealing with GM or Camaro tuning. Any recommendations?
The only magazine that comes to mind is "Camaro Performers", which started out heavily oriented toward corner-carving. Lately, though, there has been considerably more drag racing content.

I think you'll find a lot of knowledge right here on Camaro5.com in the various Technical Camaro Topics (toward the bottom of the section list). There's also a "Performance Drivers" social group (that I wish was a little busier).

I don't know if either you or Mr. W is into autocrossing, but word in the FasTrack notice I just got this morning from SCCA is that the 1LE Camaros will run in
F Stock against the non-Boss Mustang GTs.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #121
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
GM high tech performance is the best mag. They've covered a bunch of aftermarket installs and even the CTS-V/ZL1 brake upgrade.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #122
kgs1le

Drives: 2013 victory red 2ss rs 1le
good review. what a beast.
kgs1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #123
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
Nice write up, I really love the 1LE package
I'm still deciding to order a 2013 1LE before its too late, or wait for 2014 and see if they will still offer the 1LE package
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #124
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I'm still deciding to order a 2013 1LE before its too late, or wait for 2014 and see if they will still offer the 1LE package
I think you only have till the 19th better make up your mind and double check soon.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 04-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #125
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
I wish the 1LE had more power.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #126
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
There will be a 2014 1LE, it just hasn't been shown yet. Open the first PDF shown on this link. It is the preliminary brochure shown to dealers and the 1LE is listed.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285431