Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
sdmaro

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Non-RS Halo Retrofit

Hello C5,

Just purchased Oracle dual-halos for the headlights and fogs. Which hid kit should I run to match the whiteness of the Oracle halos? Planning to install as soon as I get them from another C5 member.

Cheers!

Suspension: BC BR Coilovers

Cosmetics: ZL1 front conversion, AAC plasma afterburners 2.0, GFX rear,

Interior: AAC red footwells, ZL1 shifter boot/knob, suede center console
sdmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wondering the same as well...
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
BudMC77

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Well the I have 6000k minimoto from the RetroFitSource and Oracle Dual Color halos as well. The "white" side of the halos are no where near as white as my HIDs. A 8000k bulb color would probably match it much closer. Someone else would have have to back me up on this as I'm not 100% sure. Just know mine doesn't match that great.

Sent from my iPhone
BudMC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMC77 View Post
Well the I have 6000k minimoto from the RetroFitSource and Oracle Dual Color halos as well. The "white" side of the halos are no where near as white as my HIDs. A 8000k bulb color would probably match it much closer. Someone else would have have to back me up on this as I'm not 100% sure. Just know mine doesn't match that great.

Sent from my iPhone
Do you have link to what you got?

This was for the halogen conversion to HIDs right?
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
sdmaro

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Will RS halos fit in a non-RS headlight?

Suspension: BC BR Coilovers

Cosmetics: ZL1 front conversion, AAC plasma afterburners 2.0, GFX rear,

Interior: AAC red footwells, ZL1 shifter boot/knob, suede center console
sdmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
BudMC77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Do you have link to what you got?

This was for the halogen conversion to HIDs right?
Yeah this was a halogen conversion as mine is not an RS. It had the standard halogen headlight setup. Here's a link to mine.

HIDs:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Here is some info you can look through. TheRetrofitSource.com is the place to go.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120440

You can also to a search in the cosmetic section for retrofit. That should bring up some good threads for you.

I don't have halos so I can't tell you the color to match but I used 5000k HID and think they look great. 6000k has an ever so slight blue and 8000k is definitely blue IMO.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
TwentyTen2SSRS

Can u tell me what options in the drop down menu you chose? Seems reasonable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMC77 View Post
Yeah this was a halogen conversion as mine is not an RS. It had the standard halogen headlight setup. Here's a link to mine.

HIDs:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Best bet is to give them a call. Tell them what you have and what you're looking to do. Super nice guys over there and they'll get you taken care of.

But....most of the default that comes up in that link is what you'll need. You have to choose the color of bulb you want. I like 5000k but 6000k is very popular. I can't remember which harness you'll need off the top of my head and that's why you should call them. You can also pick a different shroud if you want. If you're going to paint the housing flat black then just stick with what comes in the kit. If you're going to leave the housing chrome then you might want something else. I used the GTI shrouds and I think they look great with chrome.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
BudMC77

Quote:
The options you need is the:
Ballast: H1 35watt
Bulbs: the H1 Morimoto 3Five ,What ever color bulb you want (I prefer the 6000k as they are the whitest with a hint of blue)
Halos: I didn't but your choice
Projectors: North American
Reselling Glue: No, as silicon works just as well for a few bucks a tube at Any hardware store
Shrouds: Your choice again doesn't matter, they all work (I went with the mini gatlin gun and painted them black)
Harness: Relay, H13/9003 (that's for our generation Camaros)

Sent from my iPhone

Tags
halo, nonrs, oracle