Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #211
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
Thanks for trying but, you fail. Two extra doors and a third row of seats fundamentally changes what type of car it is. The addition of a sensor does not.

Honestly, your only real beef is "I don't like it so it shouldn't be in there."

And just who died and made you the god of all things enthusiast? Just because someone else may like and want those things does not mean they're not an enthusiast, it just means they have different taste than you are.

Its getting to the point, it seems like people are just looking for things to bitch about. If all you can do is look for things to bitch about, and especially if that bitching is about included features, perhaps you need to look into another vehicle, like maybe one made before 1970. If you buy a modern ****ing car, don't be surprised when it has modern ****ing features...
No actually you fail. Why should someone have to pay for things they do not want that add no value to the driving experience. $295 would go a long ways to a CAI or catback. Some of us are actually performance oriented.

Really? modern features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
pardon me good sir but you dont even drive a camaro, you drive it's cousin. poser i am not with my restored 73 z and my 2010 2ss.

you may think it wont change any minds. but why would the people (15 of 12) that helped make this car what it is agree with the idea if it was sooooo off beat?

again, think overall and not just your own needs and wants. think of what a new camaro owner would want, not the one who is through and throughout bred to love this car.

for the love of all things camaro please read the above two comments!
What does me not owning one have to do with anything? I plan on buying one late next year.

I gurantee you that if that was a stand alone option the % of buyers who would select it would be small.

I see 2 types of people who would buy this car. The GM enthusiest such as myself who has owned at least one F-body for the last 26 years.

Then you have the crossovers from other brands.......it appears gm did a great job addressing many things that kept a lot of people from the 4th gens ect. but back up sensors ect........ain't it.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #212
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
$300, Forget it! That is way too much money to make your car's bumber look ugly. I would rather spend that money on a small LCD screen install with camara that would be invisible because it would be attatched onto the license plate bracket.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #213
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
hang on people , I have to go make some popcorn stop fighting for a minute , be right back
Old 08-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #214
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
---Guys...really we need to chill out in here...go ahead and disagree but don't throw a personal attack on top of it. Discuss why/why not have this option but don't flame each other for their opinion. ---
Old 08-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #215
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
No actually you fail. Why should someone have to pay for things they do not want that add no value to the driving experience. $295 would go a long ways to a CAI or catback. Some of us are actually performance oriented.
1. If a price increase of <1% on a $33k+ car is busting your budget to the point you can find the $$ for a CAI or a catback, then you need to rethink your purchase altogether. Honest to god thats like buying a Ferrari and then bitching about how you can't afford $1000 for an oil change or something.

2. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything you don't want. If you don't like it that bad, vote with your wallet and don't buy it. Simple and a lot less effort than bitching isn't it? I'd be willing to bet GM isn't gonna miss one more "loyal customer" who only sees fit to bitch about everything.

3. If someone really is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy the car, please tell me where you are and I promise I'll send help post haste.

You need to learn to accept the fact that it is in fact 2009 and not 1969 and vehicles made by the major manufacturers come with packages of features. No matter how hard you bitch its not changing because there's no business case for it to be otherwise with a $30k car...

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #216
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
2010 2LTs and 2SS have reverse sensors.
deal with it, or be glad you ordered early enough.

I, on the other hand, am sad that my car is 3300 and i cannot add it to mine :(

they just added the feature, and i do not see it going away soon, or made an option. Sorry.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #217
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
2010 2LTs and 2SS have reverse sensors.
deal with it, or be glad you ordered early enough.

I, on the other hand, am sad that my car is 3300 and i cannot add it to mine :(

they just added the feature, and i do not see it going away soon, or made an option. Sorry.
Don't worry man............Teccboxx will figure out how to retro it!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #218
WildClay

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
...what? How exactly is ambient lighting useful?

And the HUD? You can see your speed by looking down at the speedometer...

I would like to see both of these as well, but your agument confuses me...

Actually HUD sounds kind of marginal until you have had one, when it came with my first Grand Prix GTP, I thought on the test drive, I am glad I can turn it off, but after having now over 8 years on 2 GP's I have to say they are great and I am already looking at after-market ones to add to my Camaro for just the speed, I have not had to look down for speed in a very long time now. That said, nothing can match factory installed HUD...
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced
5000 - 9/16/9 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 - 9/17/9 - Delivered to Customer

Many Thanks to CamaroScotty and a friend at GM!! Dealer and GM Customer Service at its best!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #219
YouEnvyMySS

Drives: 85½ Porsche 944; 2002 Ford Exp
don't think we've yet heard of retrofit for those already built/delivered?

Mine's on the train enroute to Boston... looking at delivery next week with luck!

Old 08-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #220
Big_T

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I wish my car had them, it may have kept my son from bumping into a chunk of concrete in the dark. Time for a new bumper. :(
Old 08-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #221
BassGeek

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
I'm impressed by all the passion about backup sensors. I don't think I care one way or another, but there seems to be some misunderstanding. The only way you'd get the sensors is if you get the 1LT w/ the SRJ package or the 2LT or 2SS. So, if you are all about performance, I am guessing that you have or want the SS. The things that the 2SS has that you can't get on a 1SS are

Bluetooth, PDIM, USB port, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, cargo convenience net, remote vehicle starter system (with AT), Universal Home Remote, Heated leather seats, heated side mirror; driver-side auto-dimming, inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, and the gauge cluster.

Apart from the gauge cluster, these are not performance (more muscle) options. If you really don't like the backup sensors, 1SS with aftermarket gauges may be a good choice. Just a thought.

My 2LT will be my daily commuter, so I am looking forward to the comfort and gas savings in a damn fun, good looking car.

Last edited by BassGeek; 08-28-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #222
BobTX09

Drives: Future camaro LT2/RS
Old 08-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #223
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I'm an old fart, I like all the bells and whistles on a car. I grew up with crank windows, drum brakes, pump windshield washers ..... If you want to rough it just buy the base model and build it the way you want ....
Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #224
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikk2K View Post
That kind of stinks about builds after 31st that were order already won't get the back up sensors. I was really looking forward to them. Good thing I'm electrical engineer in the automotive field, looks like I'll be doing it myself like I was going to do anyways I guess... I just wouldn't have had to grab as many parts from work. :(

It is my understanding all orders at 1100 now, with a build after 8/31 will get the assist .....

Also if you are at 1100 now make sure your dealer corrects your order to show the update or it will sit at an error level and not move...

Closed Thread