Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Another Believer - Vmax CNC Ported TB

Wow, I have to admit I was not expecting to feel anything different when I put the new Vmax ported Throttle Body on the SS this evening. Well, now I am a believer! My hats off to Vmax and Mike Norris motorsports for this awesome product. Don't go expecting a massive gain here, this is not gonna give you a HUGE difference, but it is noticeable in the smoothness of the throttle response down low, especially around town in stop and go traffic (with manual tranny). The car does not feel sluggish on take off anymore and even downshifts smoother! Its crisp and responsive, much better control of the throttle now. Try it for yourself! You won't take it back off I'm sure! There is no misleading claims from Vmax here, this TB does what they say its supposed to do! Thanks again Vmax and Mike Norris!!!
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
mtbikerinme83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3-M6
I just installed one two weeks ago but have been on the road for work and only driven the car twice with it. I will say that it was worth the money for the better throttle responce. It doesn't take as much input from the skinny pedal to get the same results. I always felt like there was a bit of a dead zone at the beginning of the pedal stroke and that now is gone. Makes blipping the throttle for down shifts much easier.

Previously:
2010 IBM 2SS LS3-M6
CAI intake with JRE race scoop, VMax TB, Solo HF Catted Mid pipes, and JRE SCT tune
mtbikerinme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
I have been very happy with mine as well. I like your description of "dead zone" on the stock TB. It is that first tiny movement that feels imprecise and slugish. The VMAX TB removes that and makes precise control the norm.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote