Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #127
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
sorry for been rude! My name is Ramon but friends call me Monchy, some here like Monchers or Monchs...
It's cool Ramon.
People love to call me lim 3. Seriously. They don't get the lim3=lime.

I go to car meets and they call me LIM.
Hate it
Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #128
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Wife just told me she wants a silver Camaro. What should I do? Both of mine take up the existing garage. Guess it's time to draw up the plans for the ultimate garage.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #129
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
Wife just told me she wants a silver Camaro. What should I do? Both of mine take up the existing garage. Guess it's time to draw up the plans for the ultimate garage.
What cars take the garage ATM ?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #130
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
There's no such thing as "learning" about stocks. Over the long run, you'll either hit or miss, and on average you will trend with ETFs or indexes. Unless you know somebody with information on a new company or government contract, don't expect to make beaucoup bucks in the stock market, especially these days.

We kind of got screwed, we missed the tech boom and also missed the low commodity prices. If I had a time machine, I'd go back 15 years and buy ALL THE SILVER AND GOLD haha. Oh and that Google stock I heard something about
hindsight is 20/20 take some calculated risks if not try VTA

Better than parking cash in your money market and just as liquid
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #131
charlietuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Do your research mainly, I'm a fan of doing all the research on my own, so yeah I take more risk in doing so but I also educate myself and gain a skill. I started roughly 2 years ago, almost. Motley Fool is a pretty good website. Take the risks you can, I tell anyone if you can't afford to lose it all in the stock market don't put it in. Personally I started with dividend funds (Ford/Intel, made close to 25% on those 2 overall, plus dividends at roughly 3-4% which is better than any money market/CD out there) That was the main reason for investing, I was looking at my checking account and steadily watched interest rates drop as the economy went down and just seems crazy not earn on money I'm not using.

For a safe bet I love Vanguard Mutual Funds, their Dividend fund closely matches the S&P which usually beats the market overall, as well as their Windsor II fund if well balanced, plus you can't beat their expense ratios.

You'll win and lose, I've had stocks go down 99% which I still hold since it's pointless to sell at this level, but I've also tripled money on a stock, recently I owned Power One (PWER) bought at $4, it was recently bought out for 6.50 a share. Sell when it's high, buy when it's low, I bought into Nike at a low point and have made almost 25% in just over a month. Now I don't have hundreds of thousands so it may appear miniscule but it's all a percentages game. I would love to do day trading once I safely have 10,000 in capital purely for that.

Definitely, so don't buy into 3/5 year charts, 2007-early 2009 saw most stocks go down 20-50%, 2009-now have seen most go up 15-60%. So anyone who says they've made money the last 3 years is an idiot, why? Because anyone with money in the market with half a brain could have increased their money 50% plus in the last 3 years.

Mutual funds offer less risk but less reward, stocks are higher risk but high reward so keep it diversified. At most of our ages you can afford to be risky (within reason), but also save up for retirement, Lifetime funds which you put in your retirement year are great because the advisors shift the holdings less risky as you get closer. Unless you're lucky enough to have a matching retirement portfolio, then certainly do that first, me since I don't put money into my Roth.

Sound advise I wish I could bank cash in a Roth. Remember one thing be greedy when others are cautious and be cautious when others are greedy. TAKE profit when you can don't look back after you have made a buck or two and regret making a buck. Many others have failed to regret making a buck and have watched their profits dwindle waiting for the market to rebound. My greatest learning experience was Cisco systems and I started buying it in 1995 oh how I wish I sold it in 1999. Long story sore subject
Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #132
charlietuna

Just got back from playing Kemper Lakes. I may never play again any one want to buy a sotty cameron putter CHEAP

92 legit and I wasn't Drinking

Just

And

I'm in need of a drink and a cigar.

First time out this year and a can't think of a reason to do it again.

Sorry or the rant.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #133
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
That's always the case Matt. Even tho I lived in Tennessee for 7 years. I've had a good share of crappy cold ass weather.
I still miss the cold weather a lot.
Where at in east Tennessee? I live in west Tenn but went to college in Knoxville. Great part of the country!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #134
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
Just got back from playing Kemper Lakes. I may never play again any one want to buy a sotty cameron putter CHEAP

92 legit and I wasn't Drinking

Just

And

I'm in need of a drink and a cigar.

First time out this year and a can't think of a reason to do it again.

Sorry or the rant.
Ouch! Haha, that's rough
Old 05-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #135
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
Where at in east Tennessee? I live in west Tenn but went to college in Knoxville. Great part of the country!
Morristown.
My aunt lives in west tn.
I really enjoyed living to TN.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #136
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
So I have amber halos on the front of my car as DRLs. I was given a ticket a month or so ago and now going to contest it later today in court.

The officer said it was red, even after I said it was amber.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #137
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
So I have amber halos on the front of my car as DRLs. I was given a ticket a month or so ago and now going to contest it later today in court.

The officer said it was red, even after I said it was amber.

That's clearly amber.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #138
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Take a box of crayola and hold them up to the lights until one matches.

Lawyered.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #139
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Morristown.
My aunt lives in west tn.
I really enjoyed living to TN.
Cool, Tennessee is a great place to live although right now my toes are in the sand in PCB Florida and I'm not missing home too much!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #140
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Take a box of crayola and hold them up to the lights until one matches.

Lawyered.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
This picture below is seriously one of my pieces. See orange on the left, red on the right....

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote