Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #141
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAustin View Post
Where can I find the updated PDF? I downloaded the one attached to your post #92, but don't see any later posts with the new PDF.

(It might be helpful -- in addition to / in place of -- the date on p1 of the document to include a revision number.)
Each time the PDF is updated I also update the date it was done. The lastest is May 15, and Ofer just uploads it so the link he put up is updated. The MyLink Manual is on the DVD.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #142
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackLS View Post
I have a question about the white wire...what is it for?? I have a 2013 non BA system...but both places where this white wire plugs into i already have wires in those pins locations...after putting in the faceplate wires i have no empty pins...and the spot on my main radio harness already has a wire in there....ive plugged everything except the onstar module, and all the radio/ac/hazard lights function normally??

Am i missing something here???
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
The white wire for BA systems is to turn on the amplifer, hence the T-tap. For non-BA systems it is to power the new face plate as the other end goes to pin 18 of the HVAC/Radio connector A20. I would ask GEN5DIY as we've found some interesting things along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCAMARO14 View Post
I got a question about the white wire. The one that goes to pin 18 on a non BA system. I do have that wire in that spot already. 2014 Camaro LS. Can I use that wire already?
A user posted earlier last week the same thing, they had a 13 and the wire is already present, and works without any T-Tap, so you can skip the white wire if you already have it in the ac/screen connector
Old 05-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #143
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Thumbs up

Install was really easy and fast. Works perfect! You guys did A great job with it.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #144
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
FYI. I have a 2011 2SS/RS and I didn't have to cut or remove anything from the 4 gauge pack or the pins. The only cutting I did on the car was the cutout for the blue adapter behind the new head unit.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #145
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
You can do it that way.

I cut the wires and all is fine.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #146
revo1059

Drives: Black 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Just have to figure out whats up with the Backup Camera. Looks Like distorted video, but I verified the MyLink video in is fine.
I'm having an issue as well. Video on the rearview mirror is fine, but on the NAV screen, the best way to describe it would be I'm seeing distorted shadows.

Bothe sides of the connector in the passenger foot well are locked down and the RCA is connected.
revo1059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #147
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
FYI. I have a 2011 2SS/RS and I didn't have to cut or remove anything from the 4 gauge pack or the pins. The only cutting I did on the car was the cutout for the blue adapter behind the new head unit.
DITTO for me
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:46 AM   #148
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by revo1059 View Post
I'm having an issue as well. Video on the rearview mirror is fine, but on the NAV screen, the best way to describe it would be I'm seeing distorted shadows.

Both sides of the connector in the passenger foot well are locked down and the RCA is connected.
Sounds Similar to what mine looked like. I Don't have the rearview mirror so I only had the myLink display to go by. I guess it's Possible the Video Connector in the new myLink Harness has it's input connections reversed.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #149
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Those all require a subscription called "Travel Link", through the XM folks.

http://www.siriusxm.com/travellink
when i go to subscription info on the head unit, it says that is active... but they wont work, it says the subscription expired
Old 05-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #150
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
when i go to subscription info on the head unit, it says that is active... but they wont work, it says the subscription expired

I refuse to call them again because they're almost impossible to converse with, foreigners. I have a 3 month trial, I'll see if those work for me and report back later.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #151
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
I refuse to call them again because they're almost impossible to converse with, foreigners. I have a 3 month trial, I'll see if those work for me and report back later.

Everything is working for me.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #152
AlexM

Drives: Used to be 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Everything is working for me.
Same here.

Try this:

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

BEE used to have
MyLink with NAV
Black 10 spoke FR41 wheels (ZL1 Replica)
Roto-fab CF CAI / Scoop and Washer Bottle Relocation KIT
Vmax yellow painted ported TB
Solo HF Cats with Kooks 2.5" catback
SLP Replica Spliter, CF Stripes and CF bowties
Hawk ceramic brake pads
OEM Strut Tower Brace - Yellow Plastidip
Range device - AFM Delete
Halo/DRL Harness (Halo/DRL on day and night while driving)
Engine Cover/Air Compressor Delete
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #153
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I'm pre-running my wires since it's so nice out and I got the day off.

I was doing the back up camera (non-split) but the harness seems to have changed slightly from the DIY's (That would run to a mirror). The positive and negative leads are closer to the camera rather than the driver side dash.

I'm just wondering where these are to be connected. So I can fish them to the appropriate place.
Attached Images

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #154
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I'm pre-running my wires since it's so nice out and I got the day off.

I was doing the back up camera (non-split) but the harness seems to have changed slightly from the DIY's (That would run to a mirror). The positive and negative leads are closer to the camera rather than the driver side dash.

I'm just wondering where these are to be connected. So I can fish them to the appropriate place.
Looks like the same harness I had. I used a fish tape and pulled the wires up to the Drivers side tail light assembly.