Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #43
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Just figure out how to install some sort of argon system.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #44
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
ah.... gotcha

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #45
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Becky needs a Z/28 which means her ZL1 is available on your budget. Call and tell her I said so.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #46
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #47
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Becky needs a Z/28 which means her ZL1 is available on your budget. Call and tell her I said so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Lalalalala - I'm not listening
Old 06-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #48
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
haha, well I know we've all done that. But that's not exactly what I was referring to.....

I keep a budget, and 99% of the time I'm honestly pretty good about it checking if something works with my budget before , well I wasn't so good about it when I was talking to Becky. Now that the adrenaline has kind of worn off, and I'm actually crunching the numbers instead of just telling myself they are going to work - I'm going to have to sit down with Becky and retool what I'm going to do.

In my defense - I'm not the first guy to not use his brain when thinking about cars.

Edit: and for those of you who are curious, yes it was the fire extinguisher that's causing me to be over budget.

Haha I did the same thing, ordered the car right before I got married, my wife was egging me on, and in all the time it takes to be delivered I had a few mini-nervous breakdowns (im an accountant), thinking we couldnt afford it comfortably. And I never cancelled the order or anything, and it worked out. My wife's work picked up, I got a decent raise, etc. Never looked back.

We already went into savings mode since we bought the house and got married pretty close together, so we stayed on that track, not going out to eat often, etc.

I think you can make it work! Might have to settle for the suede ZL1 seats instead of Recaro but you can do it!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #49
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
What about a used 2013 zl1?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #50
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
haha, well I know we've all done that. But that's not exactly what I was referring to.....

I keep a budget, and 99% of the time I'm honestly pretty good about it checking if something works with my budget before , well I wasn't so good about it when I was talking to Becky. Now that the adrenaline has kind of worn off, and I'm actually crunching the numbers instead of just telling myself they are going to work - I'm going to have to sit down with Becky and retool what I'm going to do.

In my defense - I'm not the first guy to not use his brain when thinking about cars.

Edit: and for those of you who are curious, yes it was the fire extinguisher that's causing me to be over budget.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #51
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yep...while I'd want a supercharged ZL1, I'd probably go for the 1LE myself. SO much potential to do even more stuff later on the down the line while still getting a hell of a car at DECENT monthly payments.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #52
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I check this thread at least three times a day for updates lol...

I'm excited to see what you're going to get
Old 06-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #53
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
I did Kelly, thank you much.

The members of Camaro5 were able to raise $2,143.78. I was honestly amazed by the messages that people sent me along with the donations. Some of the messages I got were absolutely amazing, where the only response I could manage was to smile - even when someone only donated a dollar, the message they sent me going along with it helped me more than they could ever have imagined.

Everyone who donated - thank you. Most of you I've never even met in person, but yet you didn't hesitate to help. I owe all of you a round come Fest. OK, maybe two rounds.

Thank you again everyone.
I must have missed the donation link? PM it to me please.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #54
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I must have missed the donation link? PM it to me please.
You can donate on Gen5Diy's website. www.gen5diy.com

The link is in the top right corner of that page.

RJ, Can't wait to see what you end up getting. I'm pumped for ya.

You know, half the fun of these cars is the ride. I don't mean driving them (which is also obviously a blast)

What I mean is the planning, the searching of the web or scouring over people's build threads for ideas. The ordering process. Choosing the car that you will soon make your own. Waiting for it to arrive, waiting for parts to come in the mail. Watching it slowly transform from your standard run of the mill car, that thousands of others have, into YOUR car. The car that YOU'VE always wanted. Having a vision of something special and watching it become reality. It's one hell of a ride. Some of us are on our first trip, others have built car after car. Each one special to them in their own way.

By the sounds of it, you're about to go on a great journey.

I cannot wait to see what you come up with
Old 06-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #55
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
RJ get a 1LE and follow the path of the Blue Angel...... I wish you lived closer I'd let you drive mine; you wouldn't believe the difference the proper kind of weight reduction and suspension upgrades can make. The $15k+ extra you pay for a ZL1 can buy some uber fun for a 1LE that will let you outgun a ZL1. And you can do it slowly over time as your budget allows instead of struggling under a killer car payment.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 AM   #56
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
RJ get a 1LE and follow the path of the Blue Angel...... I wish you lived closer I'd let you drive mine; you wouldn't believe the difference the proper kind of weight reduction and suspension upgrades can make. The $15k+ extra you pay for a ZL1 can buy some uber fun for a 1LE that will let you outgun a ZL1. And you can do it slowly over time as your budget allows instead of struggling under a killer car payment.
THIS^^^

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, build thread, fireball, gen5diy, pedders, the stig, zl1