Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
Help needed! P2101

Tonight, finally some cold weathers in florida i decided to take the car for a little joy ride. I have been very well behaved and been babying the car as i was a very aggressive driver when i first bought the car. While driving under acceleration, the engine light came on. the car said something about cutting power to the engine or rather engine power limited.. i was then barely able to maintain a safe speed. After a few minutes it all seemed to go back to normal. The acceleration was back to normal it seemed. I have no taken it past 70 but it got up to 70 very quickly.. At the time the engine power was cut i was about 105 in top of 3rd.

When i got home and put it through the code scanner it read P2101...

Throttle Actuator Control motor.

Does anyone know exactly what this means? I had my motor completely replaced under warranty about 20k miles ago and of course im at about 38000 so past the normal warranty. hopefully its something with the crate motor and i can get it replaced.. Has anyone had this happen before?

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisco22 View Post
Tonight, finally some cold weathers in florida i decided to take the car for a little joy ride. I have been very well behaved and been babying the car as i was a very aggressive driver when i first bought the car. While driving under acceleration, the engine light came on. the car said something about cutting power to the engine or rather engine power limited.. i was then barely able to maintain a safe speed. After a few minutes it all seemed to go back to normal. The acceleration was back to normal it seemed. I have no taken it past 70 but it got up to 70 very quickly.. At the time the engine power was cut i was about 105 in top of 3rd.

When i got home and put it through the code scanner it read P2101...

Throttle Actuator Control motor.

Does anyone know exactly what this means? I had my motor completely replaced under warranty about 20k miles ago and of course im at about 38000 so past the normal warranty. hopefully its something with the crate motor and i can get it replaced.. Has anyone had this happen before?
Is the Car tuned?
I would carefully check the connection at the TB and MAF.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote