Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 11-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #29
Scrmin' Mimi
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: RJTw/"Tusks"(2SS/RS LS3)&Avalanche
We're excited about this weekend! Good times and good friends for a good cause!!

Thanks for setting this up, y'all!!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #30
Jenifers bee

Drives: 87 Fiero gt,01 sban, 2010 RY2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrmin' Mimi View Post
We're excited about this weekend! Good times and good friends for a good cause!!

Thanks for setting this up, y'all!!
You are most welcome. I cant wait, its going to be fun. We went to Sams and loaded up on candy. We are going to have our two boys walking and passing out candy. Is there anyone else that wants to pass out candy? I will be sending out pm to you guys to confirm that you can make it. I should be getting our placement information today or tomorrow. I will let you know. I also would like to know if you are going to "decorate" your car or not. I'm trying to figure out our lineup. Thanks to all you guys for being part of this!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #31
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
This is going to be a lot of fun... I can't wait. Maybe next year I'll be invited to the Macy's Christmas parade in NY. Yes, I will be decorating my car with lights and I'm going to try and find some other items today. I'll see if I can find anyone that wants to walk in the parade. What should they wear... a candy cane or ginger bread costume? If I don't find anyone I can pick up some more candy for your boys to hand out.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #32
Mrvnmartian

I got a hold of my friend and 3 of her children want to hand out candy. Can you give me an idea of how many candy canes to get? I tried out the lights last night. I also got some little wooden Gingerbread and Candy Canes that I'm putting magnets on them to stick to the car. I can't wait.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #33
Jenifers bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrvnmartian View Post
I got a hold of my friend and 3 of her children want to hand out candy. Can you give me an idea of how many candy canes to get? I tried out the lights last night. I also got some little wooden Gingerbread and Candy Canes that I'm putting magnets on them to stick to the car. I can't wait.
I got 1500+ pieces at Sam's I think that its like a 3 mile parade. I have instructed my boys to only give candy to kids. I think that we will have just enough though. It all depends on how much your passing out at the time. I want to let you know that you cannot throw candy from your vehicle and they should just toss them the candy on the ground in front of the spectators. Drivers will have to be very careful to watch for the walkers.

Sorry Gary but "burnouts" are prohibited. LOL!

See http://www.pcfljaycees.com/wp-conten...ines092210.pdf for compete rules.

We are going to be 27th in the lineup. I know that some are going to be running a little late and I will make arrangements with the Jaycee for you, but try getting there by 1:00 to save yourself some hassle. There will be a toys for tots event from 1-3:00 and they were talking about shutting down Harrison for it. So bring your lawn chairs and some cold drinks, it'll be like one of our cruse ins.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #34
Jenifers bee

Some last minute changes: Apparently the latest you can arrive is 3:00 not 1:00; just so they can figure out spacing. If you have riders they don't need to be there until 4:30. Please plan accordingly and leave yourself enough time for last minute detailing. Judging starts at 4:30 so lets be ready! We will be there around 12ish, depending if my hose is frozen in the morning when I wash "Baby".

Again we are 27th in placement.

Attached is the last notification I got from the Jaycees.

2010 Panama City Jaycees Christmas Parade Details
  • Parade Will Start at the Marina Civic Center and end at Tommy Oliver Stadium
Parade Routes
Marching Bands will need to be in place @ 4:30 no later
Jenks ave to Oak ave
Right on 4th drop off Band Member
Right on Beach Drive to exit
There will be a Jaycees there @ Beach Drive to help
Bands will be lining up in front of City Hall once there number comes up they will march to the back of the area and march up Government Street to Harrison ave.
Floats in place by 3:00pm or there could be issues with space
Jenks ave take left on Oak ave
Right on Harrison ave
There will be a Jaycee member in front of the Santa Clause to help you!
The Panama City Jaycees will be there at 8am and will be able to help anybody get to their dedicated spot Do not worry tell your drive the number or the organization he is driving for and we will get them in the correct spot. Harrison ave will be closed @ 4pm I would get there earlier to avoid traffic. You can get your float there earlier and then leave and come back. Judging will start at 4:30pm and we will make two rounds so please have your lights on by 5:00pm. We will start the parade at 5:45pm with no exceptions! Call Will Hancock @ 850-258-7336 or the Jaycees Phone 850-763-8282 for any additional information. E-mail is recommended as well.(President@pcfljaycees.com) Thank you for your support!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #35
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Had a blast last night gang. It was good seeing everyone and being a part of that beautiful group of cars going down Harrison Ave. I just hated the way it ended when everyone broke off and went their separate ways...didn't get to say goodbye.

Until next time.......Merry Christmas!!!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #36
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #37
Mrvnmartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
Had a blast last night gang. It was good seeing everyone and being a part of that beautiful group of cars going down Harrison Ave. I just hated the way it ended when everyone broke off and went their separate ways...didn't get to say goodbye.

Until next time.......Merry Christmas!!!
It certainly was a blast. We all had some good looking cars and everyone really loved it when we would rev up the engines. TJ and I wished we could have said good-bye to all, but when some of you pulled over there was no room for us and we had to keep moving. Looking forward to the next road trip down to PC.... Merry Christmas, everyone!!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #38
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Here are the few pictures I was able to take before my camera battery died. Sorry Dom, Gary & Travis. Should say sorry to everybody 'cause the pictures are not that great....LOL!! Anyway....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #39
Scrmin' Mimi
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: RJTw/"Tusks"(2SS/RS LS3)&Avalanche
Pics

Ok, we didn't get pics of everyone either....we were a liiiiittle busy.
What with the 757 candy canes adhered to the car with around 1500 hand cut (yes, I said 'hand cut') magnets we didn't get to walk about much. LOL And, yes, the word insane came up several times in conversation.

But we ALL had a blast, the kids loved it , and we ended up with 1SWTRIDE !!!!!

Jen's Bee thanks again for the invitation and organization....Who's up for next year?
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2010, 05:04 AM   #40
Mrvnmartian

Here are a few I took.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #41
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Missy...the word "insane" only came up a FEW times???? Or were other choice words used as well??? All your hard work paid off, 'cause in the end, it looked great, and we all had a lot of fun. Isn't it so awesome that we are driving the coolest car on the planet right now??
Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #42
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Great Pics everyone!!!!!! Looks like it was a lot of fun!!!

Tags
camaro, christmas, panama city, parade, show