Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #57
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
That's too bad. Any chance I might be able to catch a glimpse of it sometime soon? Just checked Amazon and the stuff I ordered has not shipped yet.
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #58
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
So how long did this take you? I spent about 5 hours and mine didn't turn out that good, though it was still pretty good (I have no idea what I am doing, so I am pretty sure I did it completely wrong).
Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #59
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
wow!!!! your arms must be like popeye!! lots of waxing involved.. very nice!
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #60
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
So how long did this take you? I spent about 5 hours and mine didn't turn out that good, though it was still pretty good (I have no idea what I am doing, so I am pretty sure I did it completely wrong).

Did you 'clay' it first? If not, that's a 'must' - -as that will remove all surface contaminants.....(and there are always a lot!) Second-- go very light with the product -- does not take much and if you get it on too heavy, it will be very difficult to remove -- simply go over it with a clean wet cloth and then polish dry.

The best part? Tar and road grime come right off! (and bugs! -- better known as 'mustang crumbs'..)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #61
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Did you 'clay' it first? If not, that's a 'must' - -as that will remove all surface contaminants.....(and there are always a lot!) Second-- go very light with the product -- does not take much and if you get it on too heavy, it will be very difficult to remove -- simply go over it with a clean wet cloth and then polish dry.

The best part? Tar and road grime come right off! (and bugs! -- better known as 'mustang crumbs'..)
Thanks for the tips (my main problem was probably that I used WAY too much so it was next to impossible to remove). I think what I really don't understand is how to add the polish to the applicator. Do I mix the polish with water and then soak the applicator with that, or do I just put the polish directly on the applicator and them dampen it (this is what I did, and it didn't seem to work very well).
Old 08-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #62
jdurhan

Drives: 2017 SS 50th Conv., 2016 Siverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
Thanks for the tips (my main problem was probably that I used WAY too much so it was next to impossible to remove). I think what I really don't understand is how to add the polish to the applicator. Do I mix the polish with water and then soak the applicator with that, or do I just put the polish directly on the applicator and them dampen it (this is what I did, and it didn't seem to work very well).
Use a slightly damp applicator, put about a dime size spot of polish on applicator and spread the polish on the applicator and then that should be enough to due one body panel, if large panel maybe apply the dime size twice at different times. You only use a little polish but it goes a long way.

Here's a video on how to apply Zaino:

http://www.youtube.com/user/zainostore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSS View Post
That's too bad. Any chance I might be able to catch a glimpse of it sometime soon? Just checked Amazon and the stuff I ordered has not shipped yet.
I'm sure over any weekend we could meet up at my house or wherever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
Funny, yeah I actually do have big arms...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
Funny, yeah I actually do have big arms...lol

Quote:

Last edited by jdurhan; 08-28-2009 at 02:34 PM.
jdurhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #63
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
I've never found anything better than Zaino -- PERIOD.

I even use it on my granite countertops in the kitchen!
So that's why my teacup went flying down the countertop into the sink so easily!

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #64
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Holy piss and vinegar.. Having just seen a CGM SS today in person and now this.. I'm seriously reconsidering RJT and White as color choices. Dayum CGM is sexy.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote