Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #29
UncleBenny

Drives: 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
Mark Morford has been spouting off about things for years and he usually winds up offending everyone. He's an old curmudgeon and usually quite funny. You can't take him seriously, after all he's not an auto critic.
Yeah, looking at some of his other stuff it seems like the point of his articles is just to piss a certain group of people off.
UncleBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #30
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
Why would you write off the whole city because of one editorial? I've been several times and it's actually a fun place to go. Would you write off New York because of an editorial in the Post?

Don't bring your manual transmission car there though:

...yesh I'm glad the challenger has "hill start assist"

It must be a ball to drive down that hill though, imagine doing 100+ MPH in an SS/SRT8, lol suspension and frame is going to get trashed

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #31
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
This guy is just trying to ruffle feathers, the audience he is writing for probably aren't camaro buyers anyway. So it is easy for him to write crap and then have all of his fans call it "edgy" and "relevant" when all he is doing is preaching to his own snobbish choir.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #32
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Famous used car salesman quote when asked who would want to buy the POS car on his lot ......"Theres an ass for every seat"

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #33
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
people like him are what the f*ck is wrong with the human race.
Because he has a different opinion? So what?

He wrote a negative article so people would talk about it. By continuing to talk about it, he wins.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #34
mwoodengr
Clueless Member

Drives: 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible
This is a great example of why newspapers are dying. Do anyone really want to read crap like that? I even imagine that tofu eating, tree huggers would not care to read that column, regardless of what type of vehicle they drive.

Good luck newspapers, it will be a fast death.

Original order - Cancelled
1100 = 11/15/2009
New Order
1100 = Preliminary Order: 1/26/2009
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/27/2009
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 6/16/2009
3800 = Produced: ?
4150 = Invoiced: ?
4200 = Shipped: 7/3/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/2009
6000 = 7/18/2009
mwoodengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #35
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Because he has a different opinion? So what?

He wrote a negative article so people would talk about it. By continuing to talk about it, he wins.
He perpetuates misinformation. He states many things that come across as facts, which are untrue. He uses what authority he possesses to convey incorrect information, skewing the opinions of others. Essentially, lying.

Yes, that is a big problem.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #36
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
He perpetuates misinformation. He states many things that come across as facts, which are untrue. He uses what authority he possesses to convey incorrect information, skewing the opinions of others. Essentially, lying.

Yes, that is a big problem.
Exactly. He wasn't just negative, he LIED TO HIS READERS. He lied about the braking. He lied about the handling. He lied about reviewers' reactions. He misled readers about the car's mileage.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #37
Tal

Drives: Old
You really shouldn't worry about what morons say or send them web traffic IMO, unless they don't have advertisements on that page in which case slam the server.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #38
seeknay2000

Drives: 1978 Z28, 1987 Suburb
I emailed him asking him how getting 30mpg in a V6 with 306hp (same an accord gets with only about 155hp?). Surprisingly he emailed me back right away - called me 'sweetheart' and sounded so unintelligent. Didn't even respond to my question, just said - what does that have to do w/ being cramped, bad interior etc.

He won't even defend his own comments.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #39
Chandra

Drives: 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Ok so i commented back to Mr. Mark Morford

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As this is the American way. So here is mine.
From what I gather this car is obviously not for you. Those of us who have the Camaro on order cant wait to receive delivery. I fall in the generation X category, I am female and I don’t drink on a regular basis, but I love that the new Camaro is finally making its début. Does it remind those of us who love the “overblown, yet much-beloved myth, affectionately known as the American muscle car” of yester year? That’s a yes from me. You know when we were not so worried about war, gas mileage, and our jobs. I will never presume anything and speak for all but I think if the " scrape the barrel of macho nostalgia male Boomers who drink too much light beer and think Maxim is the height of masculinity and are still debating which Van Halen vocalist totally ruled” individuals are the only people who want the new Camaro, I don’t mind being grouped in with any of them at all.
Chandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #40
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknay2000 View Post
I emailed him asking him how getting 30mpg in a V6 with 306hp (same an accord gets with only about 155hp?). Surprisingly he emailed me back right away - called me 'sweetheart' and sounded so unintelligent. Didn't even respond to my question, just said - what does that have to do w/ being cramped, bad interior etc.

He won't even defend his own comments.
Of course he won't. His goal isn't to inform, it's to outrage. Facts are irrelevant.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #41
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Haha that's funny because the first place I'm going with my Camaro is SF. I'm flying up there to pick it up...figure I'll spend the day there then drive back down to LA.

Hopefully I run into this fairy and get a chance to smoke him out with my "wickedcool" burnout.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #42
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
Here, too, in my experience, which only adds to my perception of cars made by the likes of BMW, Lexus, etc. bring with them an air of snobbery.

When did driving a domestic become beneath us? Or is everyone just too keyed on the "I'm here, so I deserve everything" mentality?
Ever since the Country was founded there has been groups of people, primarily on the east coast, that think that anything foreign, especially European, is superior. It has become the hate America crowd and they would not be caught dead driving an American car, wearing domestic clothes, or owning U.S. made electronics. They even think the Supreme court should follow european law precedents instead of the U.S. constitution. I don't think there is much that can be done to change them, the best we can hope for is to keep them from spreading their opinions to the general public.
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote