Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #85
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Mostly because I canot justify spending the extra thousands of dollars for the high end model of the camaro .. The Corvette !!

and because buying this great accomplishment for the sportiest muscle car return to stardom - will make some x's pissed, some enemies jaws droppping, and coworkers super envious!!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:58 AM   #86
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Who the hell writes like that? He sounds like he rides a Vespa.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #87
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post
Who the hell writes like that? He sounds like he rides a Vespa.
Actually he drives an Audi A2. You can't even get him to admit Japanese cars run good. It's just Morford, ignore him. He's usually talking about good wine and great sex and other things he doesn't actually experience. They don't even let him in the paper version of the Chronicle anymore. They prefer their writers sober.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #88
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
Actually he drives an Audi A2. You can't even get him to admit Japanese cars run good. It's just Morford, ignore him. He's usually talking about good wine and great sex and other things he doesn't actually experience. They don't even let him in the paper version of the Chronicle anymore. They prefer their writers sober.
They don't publish him in the paper version anymore? Man, that ruins the whole snarky rant I was working on, where I explain to him why writing like his just contributes to the much-lamented decline of printed media. I guess I could turn it from a snarky rant into a condescending one, and tell him that subpar online articles like his are the only way to save printed media and he should keep up the "good" work?

On a different tangent, do most Californians just not realize how common the "I hope the whole place falls into the ocean" thing is? When I lived in Colorado it was pretty much universal. Get us talking about out-of-staters, and it was either "I hope California falls into the ocean so they stop moving here" or "Can't we make it illegal for Texans to try to drive on snow?"
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #89
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by PD123 View Post
Does he realize a Prius causes more damage to the environment than a hummer?
Probably not. Most prius drivers have no clue about their "green machine". However, they will look down their noses at the rest of us plebians driving decadent American cars...because prius drivers are so much more "intelligent" than the rest of us...just ask one. At the very least, these smug aholes THINK they are saving mother earth, and that makes them FEEL GOOD...and really, that is all that matters anyway, right?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #90
Douge
Eurotrash Connossieur

Drives: 1985 Mercedes 500SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwaldschm View Post
I just hate the generalizations being made about ALL people from the SF Bay Area and then the further somewhat hateful remarks towards California.

AND then to just say let's just focus on the amazing vehicle that most of us posting here will soon own. I'm assuming that is why most of us joined this forum months/years ago, because of our passion for the CAMARO. So let's not ruin it by getting nasty and making mean generalizations.
Unfortunatley, it is well deserved. California creates a lot of problems for the rest of the country and that is about all of you, not just a few of you. That said, by all means, back to the Camaro.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #91
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
I'm from Oakland, just across the bridge from San Francisco. Seriously, it's really not that bad of a city. There's only a small part of town where the fruit cakes reside (a place where I've happily never been to).
I live in San Francisco, and, yes, it IS really that bad. And, no, the "fruit cakes" are not limited to a "small part of town." They're everywhere. We're talking about a city in which more than 80% of ballots in the recent election were cast in favor of "gay marriage." The inmates run the asylum here, and Mr. Morford's views are in the mainstream.

I'd move out of this $#!&hole, but I have family and a business here, so I'm sort of stuck. My advice to anyone who isn't gay or liberal is to stay away from San Francisco. Don't move here. Don't visit here. Don't spend your money here. Don't feed the beast.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #92
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Probably not. Most prius drivers have no clue about their "green machine". However, they will look down their noses at the rest of us plebians driving decadent American cars...because prius drivers are so much more "intelligent" than the rest of us...just ask one. At the very least, these smug aholes THINK they are saving mother earth, and that makes them FEEL GOOD...and really, that is all that matters anyway, right?
I had a Prius. I bought it for the gas mileage, the hauling space (a long-wheelbase recumbent bicycle fits inside) and the bitchin technology. Anybody that thinks it's cleaner is dreaming. Most new cars emit very little pollution. The battery disposal situation is a big problem.

Incidentally, beating Porsches on my local mountain in it was huge fun. I would rather race them in a Camaro, though.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #93
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
I live in San Francisco, and, yes, it IS really that bad. And, no, the "fruit cakes" are not limited to a "small part of town." They're everywhere. We're talking about a city in which more than 80% of ballots in the recent election were cast in favor of "gay marriage." The inmates run the asylum here, and Mr. Morford's views are in the mainstream.

I'd move out of this $#!&hole, but I have family and a business here, so I'm sort of stuck. My advice to anyone who isn't gay or liberal is to stay away from San Francisco. Don't move here. Don't visit here. Don't spend your money here. Don't feed the beast.
Never will visit/move/spend money there. Ever.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #94
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
if i could spit on that guy...i would
Old 04-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #95
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Posted the following on another board, going to C&P so as not to have to type it again:

Remember, please don't visit his/the site, more traffic means more $$$ and attention and that's what they want.

It may be interesting if someone were to point this out to him though:

It occured to me last night while watching the final ER episode last night. A commercial for some new Toyota came on and I though "Wow never heard of that before, and here it is on the market already." Has there EVER been such a highly anticipated car that generated the kind of interest where numerous web sites were dedicated to it years before it was even being made and still in the concept phase? Where there were people all over the world dying to know the latest detail and sweating over every single little aspect of the car long before it was a reality? I'll bet not. He must be upset due to how horribly outnumbered he is with his closed minded and uninformed opinions.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote