Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #71
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Damn a little excessive? The license and registration could have cleared it up pretty quick

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bingo! Just woulda gave em the two docs together before she got to the window. Maybe?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #72
tr1gger
Built 4/23/09

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
I loled about 5-6 times throughout that story, Thanks for the laff!

Blu808, Campbell, CA 408.376.0560
tr1gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #73
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Look at the bright side, at least they didn't tear up your interior looking for "contraband".
agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I love it when a plan comes together

garcmol, that is hands down the best setup I have seen. All those years in the military and all those men and women you trained sure do come in handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
That's an AWESOME story !!
glad you enjoyed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
So, one wonders if the "not so pleasant" search included strip/cavity search from the cute officer...

or maybe he'd refer to it as a pleasant search if that happened. Different strokes & all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It was the other way around and why Chris was cuffed, well that and Norm set it up
And to quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT
I'm frisked... not in a good way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Bingo! Just woulda gave em the two docs together before she got to the window. Maybe?
Like I said before... I think this had been reported moments before they pulled me over. it was pretty clear they were sorting out all the details of the crime while they were detaining me.

She was behind me long enough to call in my tags and verify my DL... I think they were still getting information about the stolen car when they pulled me over.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #74
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
You criminal you
Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #75
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1gger View Post
I loled about 5-6 times throughout that story, Thanks for the laff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
You criminal you
am not....
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #76
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
LMFAO!!!

Chris, bro, I'm sorry you got stopped and all...but I could see this all go down...and I just have to say,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
I would be FURIOUS if they did this to me.. and would contact a lawyer to see if I have a case.

you wanna charge me for speeding or wreckless driving for changing lanes like that fine whatever.. but being detained without being charged sounds like a violation of your rights to me.

not to mention.. telling the boss that I am late because I was ARRESTED won't look good on my record.
Why do so many people have to believe they "have a case" against law enforcement when the LEO are only trying to do their jobs? We detain people all the time because they "fit the description." If it pans out they are not the ones, we try to be cool about it and we do apologize and explain why everything happened.

Being detained is not a violation of one's rights. Relax...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

OMG................. I'd KILL for that.

Doug? Is it possible that they'd maybe give it to me?
Hopefully Chris can get his LEO buddy to help him out. That would be HILARIOUS! I would think...it might not be a good idea to put it on the internet though. Maybe on a password protected type of deal. But, ...

Chris, I'm VERY surprised she didn't simply READ the registration return on her laptop in her car and check it to the license you gave her. I mean really??? Blue car stolen. See blue car. Run license on blue car. Approach blue car cautiously. Ask to see DL. See DL and verify YOU and that it's YOUR car. DONE!

Sheesh...sometimes this stuff is so easy. But, their adrenaline is rushing through them like no one would believe. It's amazing how many things we miss when we are keyed in on one thing. We don't see passengers in the back, hear them tell us they are "so and so," yadda yadda... Crazy stuff.

In all sincerity, I'm sorry you got stopped. Hey, it coulda been worse!

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #77
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
LMFAO!!!

Chris, bro, I'm sorry you got stopped and all...but I could see this all go down...and I just have to say,

Hopefully Chris can get his LEO buddy to help him out. That would be HILARIOUS! I would think...it might not be a good idea to put it on the internet though. Maybe on a password protected type of deal. But, ...

Chris, I'm VERY surprised she didn't simply READ the registration return on her laptop in her car and check it to the license you gave her. I mean really??? Blue car stolen. See blue car. Run license on blue car. Approach blue car cautiously. Ask to see DL. See DL and verify YOU and that it's YOUR car. DONE!

Sheesh...sometimes this stuff is so easy. But, their adrenaline is rushing through them like no one would believe. It's amazing how many things we miss when we are keyed in on one thing. We don't see passengers in the back, hear them tell us they are "so and so," yadda yadda... Crazy stuff.

In all sincerity, I'm sorry you got stopped. Hey, it coulda been worse!

LMAO!!!! Yeah... I was totally compliant I think she was pretty new... and the second officer on scene didn't seem to be much more senior.

There was a moment when she was walking to the driver's side of the cruiser while I was in the back of the car and I thought Oh shit... she's gonna take me in...

but she walked past the car to the guy behind me...

I'll admit it... I was scurred...
Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #78
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I'm VERY surprised she didn't simply READ the registration return on her laptop in her car and check it to the license you gave her. I mean really??? Blue car stolen. See blue car. Run license on blue car. Approach blue car cautiously. Ask to see DL. See DL and verify YOU and that it's YOUR car. DONE!

We figure that she was probably a rookie and saw the blue Camaro dart across the lanes and get tunnel vision in a nervous 'First Felon Stop' type of deal that she will be critiqued for by her boss. Nobody is perfect.

I'd actually like to shake her hand. And invite her to C5F. And buy her a drink. And ask her for a reenactment of events.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #79
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:

We figure that she was probably a rookie and saw the blue Camaro dart across the lanes and get tunnel vision in a nervous 'First Felon Stop' type of deal that she will be critiqued for by her boss. Nobody is perfect.

I'd actually like to shake her hand. And invite her to C5F. And buy her a drink. And ask her for a reenactment of events.

I'm with you Tag. I've had a few upset over the ordeal, but I want to go home at the end of the day. She got tunnel vision when the hand shot over to the glove box, I'll guarantee it. Some folks become "over" helpful at times.

Oh, the required.....
Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #80
insidethreat07

Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
Pics or it didnt happen
Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #81
GTAHVIT
Blessed

I decided I'd let my wife drive the Car home....

Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #82
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
LMFAO!!!

All kidding aside, when Chris reached for the glove box the officer was jacked. Strange things can happen, bad things can happen from relatively innocent actions during an interaction with a police officer. My guess is once Chris scared her socks off reaching for the glove box she may have wanted to return the favor?

If you pulled this Chris over and he reached for the glove box and you didn't know him what would you have done?

I told Chris the shaved head scraggly goatee was not a good look for him.

Quote:
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #83
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Why do so many people have to believe they "have a case" against law enforcement when the LEO are only trying to do their jobs? We detain people all the time because they "fit the description." If it pans out they are not the ones, we try to be cool about it and we do apologize and explain why everything happened.

Being detained is not a violation of one's rights. Relax...
So just to clarify, if there is a report of a stolen car in the area, it is common practice to pull over any similar make and model car, drag the driver out, cuff him, and stuff him into the back of the police car before even running the plate to verify it is the right car? Never realized we were guilty until proven innocent. Also didn't realize that police didn't need a reason to detain someone.

And I also disagree with the "not that we have to" apologize part. I'd say the OP is owed a colossal apology. I'm definitely not saying there is a case worthy of going to court over or anything like that, but I'd say a signed letter from a supervisor would be about right.

Quote:
Hey, it coulda been worse!
How could it have been worse...and what is funny about that?
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #84
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I have connections