Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #99
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Why do so many people have to believe they "have a case" against law enforcement when the LEO are only trying to do their jobs? We detain people all the time because they "fit the description." If it pans out they are not the ones, we try to be cool about it and we do apologize and explain why everything happened.

Being detained is not a violation of one's rights. Relax...

TOTALLY disagree.

But I'm not going to go into it. I can't say anything without becoming angry and conveying something I don't mean.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #100
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
So you didnt ask the Police Officer for her number, so she could go out with you so she could "make up" for the misunderstanding?
Great idea! This way he would be cuffed and stuffed in the morning by Ms. Hot Cop. Then cuffed, not stuffed but brutally beaten at night by MRS. GTAHVIT

Sounds like perfect day for GTAHVIT
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #101
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Great idea! This way he would be cuffed and stuffed in the morning by Ms. Hot Cop. Then cuffed, not stuffed but brutally beaten at night by MRS. GTAHVIT

Sounds like perfect day for GTAHVIT

Some people are into that kind of thing...Im just saying......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #102
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Some people are into that kind of thing...Im just saying......
Good point
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #103
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
On Friday, maybe the situation will turn out like this:

Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #104
NoMercy

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Lmao! I dont mean to laugh man, but thats a hilarious story!! I hate that feeling when you see them red and blue lights in the rearview. Until last month I hadnt had a ticket in 15 years. Open road, no one around, so I skin it back for a moment, topped the hill and a Texas DPS Trooper crown vic does a nose dive...."s**t"! He walks up to the passanger side window, says a few explicits about my speed and the whole time my radar is going off. Last thing I heard was, "your fixing to get a ticket".
Oh well, I knew this car was gonna get me in trouble sooner or later.
Magnuson TVS 2300, 16% OD rear pullies(stock 3.8 on front jackshaft), Vector Motorsports 2.5 cam, hardened push rods, titanium retainers, patriot gold double springs, Dynatech 1 7/8 Longtube headers, gutted cats, F.A.S.T. 90lb. injectors, Lonnie's double pumper fuel pump, ZR1 Plugs, Airade cai, HP tuned by East Texas Musclecars. 660 rwhp / 611 rwtq

Last edited by NoMercy; 05-02-2012 at 08:20 PM.
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #105
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Name:  sadfdf.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  130.7 KB
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #106
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
So just to clarify, if there is a report of a stolen car in the area, it is common practice to pull over any similar make and model car,
Yes, actually. If a newer model blue Camaro was just stolen in "x" area and was headed in "y" direction...and that was all the info that you had, yes. The car would be pulled over. If they gave further info saying the plate was 123-abc on the stolen vehicle and I found the OP's car with plate 444-bcd, then we'd obviously have a discrepancy. I'd run the plate to see if it comes back to a newer model Camaro. If it does, it's probably not going to be the stolen vehicle. Do thieves change out plates when they steal vehicles? Actually yes...quite often. So, I'd still follow for a few, see how he acts, and go from there. Do I still have PC to stop him and ID him? Yep. A quick check and he'd be back on his way. "Have a good day, sir."................ And one more thing. If happens often that our main server can go down...resulting in not being able to run plates. So, all we can do is work with what we have. We don't turn a blind eye just because we can't run a plate. We'll still stop them to find more.
drag the driver out,
Depends on what you mean by drag...lol. Did he give me reason to drag him out? Or, did I say, "can you please step out of the car, sir?" We have people step out of the car to prevent them from getting that possible Glock .40 that he's got hidden under the seat. We don't drag people out of cars unless there's a pretty good reason.
cuff him,
Yes. It's called being detained. Cuffs come off as well as go on.
and stuff him into the back of the police car before even running the plate to verify it is the right car?
love the colorful words...lol. Check above about running plates and how sometimes, we don't have ability. Seat in the back of the patrol car, yes. Why? Protection for officers AND the person. They were on the side of the road, right? Let's say he's actually the bad guy...and he runs off getting hit by a truck. In custody death. Super. Get ready for a lawsuit. How about the officer runs after him and injures himself? Not good either. The car is protection. It also offers the officers to take an eye off of the SP for a sec so they can work faster.
Never realized we were guilty until proven innocent.
I don't believe anyone ever said anything about needing to be guilty to be stopped. Guilt and/or innocence is determined in court. NOT on the side of the road.
Also didn't realize that police didn't need a reason to detain someone.
Who said that? Why are you making things up? Police need reasonable suspicion to stop and detain someone. That, ... is a reason.
And I also disagree with the "not that we have to" apologize part. I'd say the OP is owed a colossal apology. I'm definitely not saying there is a case worthy of going to court over or anything like that, but I'd say a signed letter from a supervisor would be about right.
If you read all the other words around that part, you saw what I would have done. What was typed and what I meant didn't quite come out right. To prevent further issues, I'm going to go back and edit that. I'm sorry.

How could it have been worse...and what is funny about that?
Let me clarify this part. The OP is Chris....a friend of mine for what...4 years now? We joke often....quite often. I'm giving HIM a hard time. But, you might not have known this. So, ... yes. I will joke with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrazor View Post
I think you mean probable cause.
Reasonable suspicion. PC is needed for the arrest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
TOTALLY disagree.

But I'm not going to go into it. I can't say anything without becoming angry and conveying something I don't mean.
Cool deal. I don't want to bicker or fight either.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #107
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
So how's that dashcam video coming?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #108
dcarlos55

Drives: 2017 HBM A10 ZL1
I believe this is a story I would have kept to myself if it were me. It really isn't funny. OH, yes it is.

Sorry this happened to you Chris. You're a better man than me for letting all of us have a laugh at your expense.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #109
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
lmao as funny as that is, holy sh** thats fn terrifying!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #110
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Oh DUDE!!! it was so clean back there. and the seat was just a bench... plastic bench like in a handicap bath tub????

and no... mine didn't have the molded section for my hands...

But I do have to confess... I do remember thinking.. "how cool is this!!!!"

for just a split second.

Don't act like you don't know...

lol you know how dirty that backseat is?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #111
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
LMFAO!!!

Chris, bro, I'm sorry you got stopped and all...but I could see this all go down...and I just have to say,

Why do so many people have to believe they "have a case" against law enforcement when the LEO are only trying to do their jobs? We detain people all the time because they "fit the description." If it pans out they are not the ones, we try to be cool about it and we do apologize and explain why everything happened.

Being detained is not a violation of one's rights. Relax...

Hopefully Chris can get his LEO buddy to help him out. That would be HILARIOUS! I would think...it might not be a good idea to put it on the internet though. Maybe on a password protected type of deal. But, ...

Chris, I'm VERY surprised she didn't simply READ the registration return on her laptop in her car and check it to the license you gave her. I mean really??? Blue car stolen. See blue car. Run license on blue car. Approach blue car cautiously. Ask to see DL. See DL and verify YOU and that it's YOUR car. DONE!

Sheesh...sometimes this stuff is so easy. But, their adrenaline is rushing through them like no one would believe. It's amazing how many things we miss when we are keyed in on one thing. We don't see passengers in the back, hear them tell us they are "so and so," yadda yadda... Crazy stuff.

In all sincerity, I'm sorry you got stopped. Hey, it coulda been worse!

Exactly what I was thinking but agree with the whole adrenaline rush and the overfocus.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #112
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
wow thats crazy!, thats certainly a way to start your day