Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #29
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #30
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4lyfe View Post
You have to wait until GM take orders. Just like GM did with the Camaro late last year. Other than that he is writing your name on a piece of toilet tissue.
Toilet tissue? Damn that sounds harsh, lol. You can atleast upgrade him to a Paper towel,
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #31
MasterZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
I agree..How can you be put on the list for a car that hasn't even been officially announced yet and like shnomac said is most likely still 2 years away from hitting the lots. And we basically know nothing about the Z28 except for what we dream about on this forum lol. This isn't a Ferrari or something of sort, it's an American made muscle car. Come on...if you call a dealer for a car that is 2 years out and say I want one put me on the list of course he's going to think he can take you for every penny you have cause you have basically already told him that you are willing to do whatever it takes to get the car cause you want it that bad.

I would bet that most dealers will try and get over MSRP just like most dealers did on the regular SS when she first came out. And some people will pay over MSRP just to say they got a Z28 before the majority of everyone else.

Not true...

I put my name on the list for a camaro in May of 2006 after test driving the silver concept in Milford Mich. I didnt even know they were going to build the camaro yet, but if by chance they did I wanted one!

Now fast forward to Oct 13 2008, I placed my order. Picked up the car #227... The dealer did try to push the price on my but I had all my ducks in a row and ended up getting the car for GM Supplier Discount Price which is below MSRP.

Because of a few reasons, Had I know earlier I would have went with a different dealer and next time I will. ( live and learn)

Now I also have my name #1 on a list to be able to place an order for a Z28 if it hits the markets. I am not going to disclose the dealership yet...but I am about 99.9% sure he will honor the MSRP or availble discount on the car is possible.

don't get the list confused, this inst an order. This is simply holding a spot to place an order if GM starts to take them. I waited a little over 3 years for the 2010 Camaro, so waiting another 2 for the Z isnt going to be a problem. Besides it helps me get all my finances ready

Your right... we know nothing about the Z28. But what we do know is GM hit the mark with the 2010 Camaro... would you expect any less?

Gotta continue to Keep the Faith
Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #32
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
The convertible will be out May 2011. The Z will be out in Fall/Winter of 2011

Fixed
Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #33
GM4lyfe
A GM nut-swinger!

Drives: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Toilet tissue? Damn that sounds harsh, lol. You can atleast upgrade him to a Paper towel,
Haha, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a bad thing hell the X-15 was drawn up on a napkin. I'm saying that who to say your name is getting on a "list" it could get tossed. I would wait until an official word come down from GM, unless GM has a database for these "list" people.

Now you can put you name on the list at your dealership like I did for the G8. So that lets them know to order cars and to contact you in the order that they get them in.
GM4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #34
DSworo9
Original Polish Memeber

Drives: 2002 WS6 Trans Am
Ask your dealer if a "reach around" comes with the mark up on the MSRP?

“I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”
DSworo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #35
alan422

Drives: Rally Yellow LT2 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Your dealer is an idiot. The idea that anyone would make an agreement to sell a nonexistent product at any price is ridiculous. In fact, I'm sure that you could ask this very dealer if a Camaro really transforms into a giant robot with cannons that your dealer will imagine this into reality as well and try to sell it. Let's not indulge these preposterous fantasies until they become real. When this product becomes available, you can buy it with the rest of us. In the meantime, leave your dealer to his or her foolishness.
Gee.. someone seems a little crass today... I don't see a problem with a dealership taking a deposit (refundable of course) to be put on a list if and when a product becomes available and for whatever MSRP is when the price is announced. If it doesnt happen.. you get the money back...

By the way, the Z28 won't be a limited production vechile. GM can't afford that. They were lucky to be able to financially build it in the first place.
alan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #36
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
There's a Z/28 coming out? I haven't heard that. Just speculation and rumors.
LOL I love it!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #37
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan422 View Post
Gee.. someone seems a little crass today... I don't see a problem with a dealership taking a deposit (refundable of course) to be put on a list if and when a product becomes available and for whatever MSRP is when the price is announced. If it doesnt happen.. you get the money back...

By the way, the Z28 won't be a limited production vechile. GM can't afford that. They were lucky to be able to financially build it in the first place.
Why do you think it won't be limited production, just your logic? I am hoping you are right--I am hoping the business case says build as many as demanded so there will be economies of scale and it can be priced right. I am hoping for 40-45K and may trade in or sell my 2SS depending on the Z's performance...
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Avis is already on the list
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #39
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Avis is already on the list
Touche':fighting0040:
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #40
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
1- There has been no official word released yet

2- Why would any dealer "promise" MSRP on a product they know nothing about? For all we know whats coming could be a limited production car.... your not going to get that at MSRP.
I can tell you that as a dealer I can promise at MSRP. Even if it's a limited production car. Even if they only make 3 of them. My dealer refuses to sell over MSRP. I had a guy come up with a check for 7K over sticker if we bumped him to next allocation, and my dealer told him no. Wasn't fair, he had to wait like everyone else.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #41
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I had to stop reading posts in this thread because it made my head hurt. Here's why:

1. People are bashing the OP for getting their name on essentially a "waiting list" for the long speculated Z/28. How many people on here did the same thing a year or two ago (or even longer) when it was rumored and finally confirmed that the Camaro would be built? I know I did.

2. Why is it a big deal for a dealer to say they would sell any car as MSRP (confirmed for production or not)? If a dealer's policy is to sell at MSRP (or lower for that matter), why does it matter what the car is, how much it cost or when it comes out?

3. There are dealers out there who aren't snakes. They only make promises they can keep and if they take a waiting list on a car they honor it. If they say MSRP, they honor it. If you don't feel your dealer is one of these then find a new dealer. Why do we continuously put up to jacka$$ dealers? We don't have to. If you do, then you are in the same class as the dealer.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #42
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote