Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #211
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Ikr
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #212

Drives: Getaway Special
Z/28 Message. From Interpole.

GM overdelivered on all the mechanicals and suspension. There really is NOTHING left for a Z/28 buyer to have to do on those items.

So, performance wise, GM hit a grand slam in the world series.

Now, for those who want to mod their cars, they can concentrate, if they really want to, on the comfort conveniences. And, lads, you should know, those are easy. Nothing too major or expensive.

I suspect pricing "could" be in the low 50's, same as ZL1. With options, take er up to $60-$65. Can't see much more than that actually.

For the ZL1 to whoop a Z/28 on the track, it's gonna take just a small bit of adjustments. Once again, nothing too major. Pulley, Tune, CA1 and possibly a chiller. No cam necessary. All bolts ons. (yes, I wish GM would have a stage for this).

So, I think in terms of street cred, they shall remain close. Very close.

Will ZL1 remain the highest performance Camaro ever built? In terms of the 580 HP, it seems to be intact. I admire what GM has done here.

And, when you consider what they did with the 1LE, they have done something for everyone. Strong street? No problem. Strong Track? No problem. Strong Street and Track? No problem.

I know there are some who were desirous to see a Z/28 come in under $50k. Those who did all the figuring, even experts in the field, did not expect the car would have quite the goodies this one does. I still say mid $50 base since it does not have magnetic ride, A/C, etc etc etc. $60-$65 with some goodies.

And, from a roll, who do you think will tame the other?

Thanks for rounding out Gen 5 in style GM. I think these will be snapped up pretty quick, so if you really want one, go pull some strings! Early.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #213
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
It seems regardless of price the Z/28 (beside the name) is not what those arguing want anyway. What if GM offered the Camaro with others options and at other pricepoints...Oh they DO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
VERY WELL PUT and well thought out!

OK Mr. Twisty - I need to add Mr. GearBangr to the will as well...........
It's all good..... DIBS on your CTF Z/28 tho
Old 03-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #214
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
This thread is great.

It is really easy to tell who grew up in the age of entitlement and those who did not. For those of you who did, here's some harsh reality:

Just because you can't afford something does not mean it is overpriced.

Just because something is not the way you would do it does not mean it is wrong.

Big companies do not care about you specifically.

The world did not start when you were born.

Nobody owes you anything and you do not deserve anything other than what you earn.

If you work hard you can be rich and buy anything you want... everybody has that opportunity.

Nobody likes a whiner.

The new Z/28 is awesome... absolutely f'n awesome. It will own any car it is tested against and will lift the status of all Camaros.

You are living in performance car nirvana right now. Enjoy it.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #215
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
If this car ends up in the 50k range I will be surprised and ecstatic! Heres to working my a$$ off for the next few years! Thanks gm
Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #216
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Most of the complaints on here are because of the speculated price (perhaps $70k ???) . I for one, feel that most people, felt that the ZL1 was the king of the hill and the Z/28 would fall in between the SS and the ZL1. When it was announced that IT would be king of the hill and possible prices started flying around, people started getting agitated with the situation. I understand nothing has officially been announced yet, but I was expecting a price tag of around $50k. I'm pretty certain it will be quite a bit more than this. We'll see. The car is cool, I just don't know if it's $70k cool (if that is indeed the final price)! Good work GM!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #217
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
This thread is great.

It is really easy to tell who grew up in the age of entitlement and those who did not. For those of you who did, here's some harsh reality:

Just because something is not the way you would do it does not mean it is wrong.

Nobody owes you anything and you do not deserve anything other than what you earn.

If you work hard you can be rich and buy anything you want... everybody has that opportunity.

Nobody likes a whiner.

The new Z/28 is awesome... absolutely f'n awesome. It will own any car it is tested against and will lift the status of all Camaros.

And the choir says
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #218
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Oh well I guess my car isn't Considered a Camaro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Haha, good one. How is it that the V6 thing can rear it's ugly head anywhere?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #219
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Most of the complaints on here are because of the speculated price (perhaps $70k ???) . I for one, feel that most people, felt that the ZL1 was the king of the hill and the Z/28 would fall in between the SS and the ZL1. When it was announced that IT would be king of the hill and possible prices started flying around, people started getting agitated with the situation. I understand nothing has officially been announced yet, but I was expecting a price tag of around $50k. I'm pretty certain it will be quite a bit more than this. We'll see. The car is cool, I just don't know if it's $70k cool (if that is indeed the final price)! Good work GM!

That's the thing the ZL1 is the king from one perspective and the Z28 another. It's always been that way.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #220
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
This thread is great.

Nobody likes a whiner.

This should be post of the decade.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #221
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
This thread is great.

Nobody likes a whiner.

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #222
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
This thread is great.

Nobody likes a whiner.

THIS!!!!
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #223
BigV8LS3

Drives: 09 G8 GXP, 99 Silverado,10 Cobalt
These are my thoughts. Great track car GM! If I was in the market for one this would be it. I just wonder if you'll be able to drive on the streets with the splitter on? you can't with the Boss LS. And now that GM has stuffed an LS7 from the factory into a Camaro, how about an option to put one in an SS with an 1LE option to boot. That's my wish.
09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois maggie 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab, Corsa catback, Kooks 1 7/8 mids, 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR, Pedders supercar coilovers. Show:CTS-V2 rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. Oracle yellow halos. HSV triple gauges.
BigV8LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #224
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV8LS3 View Post
These are my thoughts. Great track car GM! If I was in the market for one this would be it. I just wonder if you'll be able to drive on the streets with the splitter on? you can't with the Boss LS. And now that GM has stuffed an LS7 from the factory into a Camaro, how about an option to put one in an SS with an 1LE option to boot. That's my wish.

No, if you read in between the lines from all these posts, the only way the LS7 was going to be able to be put in a 5th gen, is to price it out of the range of an average buyer so that only lets say 2000/yr would be built. GM needs to meet stringent CAFE standards and the LS7 Camaro drops their ratings considerably. What it did do however is allow GM to build a car that put them on top and build it how they wanted to similar to the original concept of the '67 Z/28 and the bean counters wouldn't have to care. There are quite a few LS7's waiting for a home in a warehouse, and they're not making money sitting there.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote