Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
OEM Radio Power source

OEM Radio Power source.

Anyone know where i can tap in to give the Stock Radio power? At shows I don't want to leave the keys in and its killing me to reset everything every ten Min's.

I know the main computer is controlling the power and turns it off after time. But I should be able to tap in with a fused 12v switch source and leave it on when i want.

or is there a way to change the timeout?
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Peter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
there is not good way to do this with a factory radio, it is part of the GM Can system, and the cars BCM tells the radio to turn on when the key is on via data. Same goes for the key, it does not actually turn on any ign source any more what it does is the BCM registers the key code and when you turn the key it changed different resistances to let the cars BCM know what is going on. the best you could do is either leave the key on or turn the key on and off with having the door switches pushed in and it will leave the radio on for 10 mins.

I ran into this same problem so what I did is ran 2 batteries one for the audio and one for the car so I wont kill the cars starting if Im at a show then I used a signal selector for Ipod so when the car is off I can turn on the amps and play the sound through my Ipod into the amps with out the radio on.

#280 MASTER MECP Certified
MECP - Sales, Basic and Advance Certified
ASE - 6 electrical certified
10+ years car audio installation, sales and manager
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Thanks for 101.

So the radio always has 12v and then get s signal to turn on or off? that sucks.

Also got any information on the Dual Batteries and how you did it? I like to see that since i have to do the same thing.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote