Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Spyderseal

Drives: 2010 SS (Sold)
Dealer states there is not an order number!?!?

I ordered my car last week. Well, I told the dealer what I wanted, payed my deposit and then left on the good graces that he'll put in the order. I called a couple days ago and he said he put in the order that day, so I asked him for my order number and he is telling me that there isn't an order number. Granted this is the salesman's first Camaro order, so he may not even have a clue. But he states that he has asked around and that everyone is telling him that there isn't an order number nor a way to track it. Everytime you order ANYTHING, there's an order number. Besides, I'm seeing everyone on here has a number and has been able to track their cars. So, what the hell??
Spyderseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Anytime you get to a handshake point on a car you should have a Buyers Order Form.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
six9gig

Drives: 2010 2ss Silver Camaro
No order Number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderseal View Post
I ordered my car last week. Well, I told the dealer what I wanted, payed my deposit and then left on the good graces that he'll put in the order. I called a couple days ago and he said he put in the order that day, so I asked him for my order number and he is telling me that there isn't an order number. Granted this is the salesman's first Camaro order, so he may not even have a clue. But he states that he has asked around and that everyone is telling him that there isn't an order number nor a way to track it. Everytime you order ANYTHING, there's an order number. Besides, I'm seeing everyone on here has a number and has been able to track their cars. So, what the hell??
When I put down my deposit, I didn't get an order number either. However, I did receive a buyers order. So after reading a few posts, which it seems quite a few people have order numbers, I called my salesman back. He transferred me to the Inventory Manager, then BOOM!!!! Order Number

1100, Preliminary order accepted 5/29
2000, Order accepted by GM6/4
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order sched productionTPW7/27 >7/20
3400, Order broadcast7/20
3800, Order produced 7/22
4000, Available to ship 4104, Bailment Invoice 7/234200, Shipped here by 8/4 spoke to dealer4300, Intermediate Delivery

six9gig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
I just ordered from a different dealer after it became clear that the original dealer was just BS-ing me, and got both the order number & saying it's at the 1100 status. I didn't get anything from the last dealer not even when I inquired about it.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM

The order number is available in GM's Order Workbench once they actually submit the order. Call and ask to speak with the Inventory Manager. He/She will know what you are talking about.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
AZ2010SS
2G1FT1EW5A9116928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderseal View Post
He may not know there is such a thing as a order number. Tell him you want a copy of your workbench. That will have your order number on it.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
Gameover

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2010SS View Post
He may not know there is such a thing as a order number. Tell him you want a copy of your workbench. That will have your order number on it.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #8
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
As soon as the order is entered the order number appears at the top. Tell them to search their preliminary orders and it wil show up there.
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
Spyderseal

Drives: 2010 SS (Sold)
Yeah, my salesman doesn't really seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, which may or may not be a good thing for me as a consumer!!

Although, I went into the dealership today and, conveniently my salesman wasn't there. BUT another guy overheard me asking for my order number for my Camaro and he went right over to the Inventory Manager and had him print out my OrderWORKBENCH sheet, which, of course, has my order number!! (NKMXN1) So, woohoo, let the process begin!!
Spyderseal is offline   Reply With Quote