Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #15
haynes

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2 SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by haynes View Post
my gaxaly 3 works great with music and incoming calls and texts but calling out to family works poorly. What am i doing wrong?
Found out today if I shut down everything on "S Voice" on my Samsung Galaxy 3 everything works fine. I can use bluetooth to play music and then make a call using the steering wheel controls then return to music. If u reboot your phone u have to open the app "S Voice" again and uncheck everything in the app.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #16
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Hmm maybe you all answered my questions too.

When I have my s4 plugged into the usb port it causes the stereo to shut down anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ss/rs View Post
Hmm maybe you all answered my questions too.

When I have my s4 plugged into the usb port it causes the stereo to shut down anyone else having this issue?
Shut down as in, completely turn off, no screen? Or error message?

The only issue I have with the Bluetooth streaming is it doesn't show the song info on the radio. Just shows my iPhone and. Big Bluetooth symbol.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #18
2011ss/rs

It will shut xm down and I get a " not supported " message. The only way to make the message disappear is to turn off and on the stereo and it will play for a few minutes and then the message again and I need to go through the process again.
I never had a problem with my old iphone, streaming music, waze app it all worked well.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #19
45thCamaro

Maybe you don't have the most recent version of the PDIM? Or maybe there is an update for it.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
2011ss/rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Maybe you don't have the most recent version of the PDIM? Or maybe there is an update for it.
Thank you I will need to check it out.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
45thCamaro

I contacted GM online via chat and told them of a situation I was having with my car and the PDIM

They told me I could contact the dealer and ask for information on this topic. Hope it helps.

Information on USB Command and Control Multimedia Player Interface/List of Supported Devices"
Old 10-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
My USB port is still isn't picking up my phone but with the gmmusicconnect I don't need it. I can switch from songs via Bluetooth just fine.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Is this the same situation using my newly bought HTC One phone? I tried to pair my cell to the bluetooth but for some reason they can't connect! How do I activate this from my Camaro's My Link panel OR does the magic happen from the steering wheel?

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
For us NON My Link drivers that have the Connectivity Pack (USB), I found the Bluetooth confusing. Pairing the phone is easy enough but pairing to stream music from a phone is hidden under the AUX then Menu button. Two different setups makes it confusing.

Audio quality from Bluetooth streams is sub-par as others have noted.

When I first got my Camaro I struggled finding the best audio setup. I had an old gen iPod hooked up to the USB and that was not good as I would get static in certain places, like near this one Cell tower. I tried a Sansa and experienced the indexing issue each time, just like a USB stick, no matter how I organized the folders, many songs.

So I bought a new gen iPod and plug it in via USB and that is the best, sound quality, controls and the PDIM reads the iPod's index. I have been running this way for about 18 months with little issues. An iPhone via USB for music would probably be good as well.

Last edited by djcfuzz; 11-23-2013 at 05:21 PM.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #25
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
For us non My Link drivers that have the Connectivity Pack (USB), I found the Bluetooth confusing. Pairing the phone is easy enough but pairing to stream music from a phone is under the AUX then Menu button. Two different setups makes it confusing.

When I first got my Camaro I struggled finding the best audio setup. I had an old gen iPod hooked up to the USB and that was not good as I would get static in certain places, like near this one Cell tower. I tried a Sansa and experienced the indexing issue each time, just like a USB stick, no matter how I organized the folders, many songs.

So I bought a new gen iPod and plug it in via USB and that is the best, sound quality, controls and the PDIM reads the iPod's index. I have been running this way for about 18 months with little issues. An iPhone via USB for music would probably be good as well.
This is how I use my iPhone for music. Works the best.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
For us non My Link drivers that have the Connectivity Pack (USB), I found the Bluetooth confusing. Pairing the phone is easy enough but pairing to stream music from a phone is under the AUX then Menu button. Two different setups makes it confusing.

I bought an IPod for use in the USB port and found out very quickly when the top was down and sun shining in it couldn't stand the heat buildup in the summer. The heat would cause the iPod to shut down on me. So I took it back and just bought a USB memory stick. I have never had an issue with it and I still control it with the steering wheel controls.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I bought an IPod for use in the USB port and found out very quickly when the top was down and sun shining in it couldn't stand the heat buildup in the summer. The heat would cause the iPod to shut down on me. So I took it back and just bought a USB memory stick. I have never had an issue with it and I still control it with the steering wheel controls.
Yes, I have had the occasional very hot day with my car in the sun all day where the iPod gets too hot to operate. Once I figured this out I would not keep the iPod in the car during those really hot days. Glad to hear the USB stick works well for you. I still use a USB stick when I pick up some new music and just want to give it an initial listen through to decide if it is "worthy".
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote