Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #15
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy_g View Post
mike ? will i see a diablo trinity tuner soon for the 2010 camaro v6?
and can it also work with a turbo later when added?
I dont know how soon, but yes.

We're still mapping out some of the stuff that will be needed for forced induction tuning so we can release it as a custom tuning application.

FWIW, every aspect of the Trinity besides tuning works in the V6 Camaros currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
I have to agree with the op. I uploaded the diablosport canned tune in my m6 car and it was slightly slower. I tested the car stock w/ the trinity 0-60mph feature, then installed the tune, and tested it again. I went back and forth doing this for several iterations, and the diablosport tune was consistantly slower. I used the exact same launch method every time.
This is certainly not thenorm, and poor fuel quality is the most common culprit.

Have you tried datalogging to check for KR?
Mike@DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #16
Malice

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
I dont know how soon, but yes.

We're still mapping out some of the stuff that will be needed for forced induction tuning so we can release it as a custom tuning application.

FWIW, every aspect of the Trinity besides tuning works in the V6 Camaros currently.

This is certainly not thenorm, and poor fuel quality is the most common culprit.

Have you tried datalogging to check for KR?
I logged every run. Overall, both stock and ds tunes had small amounts of kr at high rpm. That does point to bad fuel, which is odd since mostly use bp. I guess I could have had a tank of bad gas though. I'll perform the test again with bp gas when I get a chance.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:53 AM   #17
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
I logged every run. Overall, both stock and ds tunes had small amounts of kr at high rpm. That does point to bad fuel, which is odd since mostly use bp. I guess I could have had a tank of bad gas though. I'll perform the test again with bp gas when I get a chance.
Log the stock tune too, just to see whats going on there...
Old 05-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I remember when I was running a Predator in my '02, I believe Shell was the recommended fuel; Chevron, at least at that time, was almost deluting their fuels with additives and seemed to make detonation come about sooner. Thinks have changed, but it won't hurt to pay attention to the fuel. Maybe run several gallons of 100 unleaded through there and see. My car was always particularly sensitive to KR, but there were never problems with a few gallons of 100
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #19
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
I haven't been on the forums for awhile, so excuse me if this has been answered already. I purchased the Trinity a several months ago and never had the chance to install it b/c the dealer installed the new OS and back in Dec; as far as I know, Diablo still didn't have an update for the new OS. Has this been resolved...?? I purchased my Trinity thru Janettyracing and they registered it for me but never sent me any update info. Thanx for your assistance.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #20
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie SS View Post
I haven't been on the forums for awhile, so excuse me if this has been answered already. I purchased the Trinity a several months ago and never had the chance to install it b/c the dealer installed the new OS and back in Dec; as far as I know, Diablo still didn't have an update for the new OS. Has this been resolved...?? I purchased my Trinity thru Janettyracing and they registered it for me but never sent me any update info. Thanx for your assistance.
Yes, all calibrations have been supported for months.

Load the U7194_1r07a.crom incremental update from the Trinity downloads page.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #21
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
Thanx so much, Mike..!!

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote